Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2016, 13:22   #331
BHPian

Re: The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched

Drove the car for about an hour continuously today. Some observations

1. Spongy brakes. Looks to be ok for city but during high speeds doesn't give you too much confidence

2. At high speeds with progressive acceleration, the car seems to oversteer a bit

3. Since the window lines are higher, unable to place elbow at an good position while holding the steering for extended hours. The switch panel on the door is too low. The ideal resting position for elbow is somewhere in between

4. Missing tyre pressure monitor

5. It takes a split second for the gear box to register the acceleration in sports mode and the throttle comes to life abruptly a little later. I always prefer linear acceleration.

6. Legs have to get used to the accelerator pedal that is set on the floor (like Q3 or X1). In most other cars the brake and accelerator are hung from the top and hence are on the same level. But with this floor type accelerator, the brake pedal sits a little higher in plane and we seem to make an effort to raise the leg from the accelerator to the brake pedal. May be its just a transitional thing and I am just reading too much into it. But I did feel that the right leg is doing a bit more work with this setup.

7. Music system is quite good and Apple Car play is a joy to use.

8. There is a luggage net provided by default in the boot

9. Spare wheel is also an alloy

10. The retractable rear parcel tray is a bit flimsy

More later...
Attached Thumbnails
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-stockphotobrakeandacceleratorpedalofautomatictransmissioncar318614015.jpg  

Last edited by Zappo : 25th November 2016 at 13:30. Reason: Formatted for better readability.
krish.sathish is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 20:32   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
No transferred NCB. It was a direct contact to Tata AIG sales agent. The car IDV is 23,45,437/-.
Would you mind sharing the cover note with me via pm or some other means? I'm unable to get a quote even close to this. Uff.
Old 26th November 2016, 00:30   #333
BHPian

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched

I had been to the Hyundai showroom with my dad to checkout the Tucson and my initial impressions are that, it's a decently put together package. Top end model costs around 32.5lacs and road tax alone is roughly 6 lacs. If it was priced at around 25lacs on road, it would have set the sales chart on fire. Showroom people are marketing it as a mini Santa Fe. Personally me and my father think it's a bit cramped and doesn't look like a worthy upgrade for us from our beloved Tavera. Guess I'll have to wait for hexa.

Last edited by Vikvkv : 26th November 2016 at 00:31.
Old 26th November 2016, 10:58   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Would you mind sharing the cover note with me via pm or some other means? I'm unable to get a quote even close to this. Uff.
Unable to send you PM mate.
Old 26th November 2016, 11:37   #335

Guys, what would be your sales numbers forecast for the Tucson?
I would hazard a guess at somewhere around 450 units per month. With the smaller Creta averaging over 8000 units every month and the Santa Fe averaging just 25 units a month, this one fairly difficult to predict.
Old 30th November 2016, 13:38   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Tucson All-Wheel Drive To Be Launched In May 2017

The upcoming addition to the new Hyundai Tucson line-up will employ the Active On-Demand 4WD with 50/50 front and rear lock mode system and will be available with only the four-cylinder 2.0-litre CRDi diesel engine. The Tucson AWD is also likely to receive an all-black interior along with a panoramic sunroof.

Source - NDTV
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 18:38   #337
BHPian

Okay. I just got a call from the dealership that if I take insurance from outside, the company won't honour the warranty.

What's amazing is that I already told them last week that since they can't match the quote I'm getting from outside (thanks, mjumrani), I'll be heading there.

Stuff like this just puts a bad taste over everything. How do I tell them in a nice way that they're off their rocker?
Old 2nd December 2016, 19:02   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Stuff like this just puts a bad taste over everything. How do I tell them in a nice way that they're off their rocker?
Do it the classic American way - Revenge is taken in the marketplace, where it matters! Buy the Endy or CR-V or Pajero.
And then drive to the Hyundai showroom and take a selfie with him with the new Ford/Honda/Mistsu in the background.
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 19:57   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Do it the classic American way - Revenge is taken in the marketplace, where it matters! Buy the Endy or CR-V or Pajero.
And then drive to the Hyundai showroom and take a selfie with him with the new Ford/Honda/Mistsu in the background.
Haha. That would be a sight! I called up Hyundai customer care. The guy said that that absolutely isn't the case. I said that I knew, and for him to please let the dealership know

He called the dealership while I was on the line and suddenly the guy who'd called me from the dealership became "unavailable". Within 3 minutes! Man, these guys are, for lack of a better word in my vocabulary, incorrigible.

Last edited by ach1lles : 2nd December 2016 at 20:11. Reason: grammar
Old 2nd December 2016, 22:05   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Okay. I just got a call from the dealership that if I take insurance from outside, the company won't honour the warranty.

What's amazing is that I already told them last week that since they can't match the quote I'm getting from outside (thanks, mjumrani), I'll be heading there.

Welcome mate.

My friend never had a problem. All they said was no cashless facility which is again stupid because most insurance companies are tied up with Hyundai after sales. TATA AIG is definitely.

By the way his car has been delivered. If mods are ok I can share the pics.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 00:47   #341
BHPian

I've been waiting for this for a long time. Took delivery of my precious black GLS.

I was a little apprehensive of having ordered the black without having seen it in the flesh, but it turned out to be great. Cut the largest cheque of my life today too, haha. It's kind of surreal. My first car, and it really has been a long time coming. I almost went for the Creta about 8 months back but I'm now glad I didn't settle and actually waited for a car that, as James May would say, gave me the fuzz.

Some pictures:

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_0066.jpg
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_0083.jpg
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_0098.jpg
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_0095.jpg
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_0096.jpg
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_0097.jpg
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_0099.jpg
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_0068.jpg

A full, personal, detailed experience will follow in the coming weeks, obviously. For now I'll be waiting for the official review. Team-BHP had been amazing always, but for a first time buyer like me, it has been a support structure I could look to to clear up absolutely anything I wasn't clear about. Not just that, there were so many things that I'd have never thought about but something as simple as the PDI checklist made me feel so in control of the situation. The confidence and an almost zen like calm I enjoyed while at the showroom to pick the car up would not have existed without this forum, without its members. I'd be forever grateful. Special thanks GTO, for telling me to apply and really, thank you everyone who has ever typed any post on this forum for making this precious day as special as it could possibly be.
ach1lles is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 02:47   #342
BHPian

Congrats mate. It looks great.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 08:47   #343
BHPian

Quote:
I almost went for the Creta about 8 months back but I'm now glad I didn't settle and actually waited for a car that, as James May would say, gave me the fuzz.
Congratulations! Great looking SUV. Looks very well balanced in terms of shape & size.

Please do write a detailed review. Also, what were the features & aspects you considered when making a decision to go in for a Tucson over the Creta, other than the obvious ones.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 13:01   #344
BHPian

Hi Guys, I am planning to consider the Tucson and go to the dealership today for a test drive. Has anyone found out about the maintenance schedule and costs per service etc ? And which dealership would be good to visit in Pune in terms of sales and after sales service ? Any inputs would be highly appreciated. Thanks !
Old 4th December 2016, 13:52   #345
BHPian

Quote:
I've been waiting for this for a long time. Took delivery of my precious black GLS.
Congratulations on your new purchase. It's definitely a head turner and reeks of quality and sophistication which is currently missing in other cars of the segment considering most of them are butch. How much was the car on road for you? I only feel the pricing is a bit on the higher side. Is yours a Petrol or Diesel?

Last edited by SDP : 5th December 2016 at 18:47. Reason: trimmed quoted text
The Hurricane is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks