Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2017, 17:21   #376
BHPian

Re: The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Thats probably because deliveries have not started in full swing yet. 8-10 weeks is the waiting time, at least in Pune.
Really? When I spoke to them they said 2-3 weeks max for delivery. That was about 15 days back.
Old 23rd January 2017, 17:30   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Haven't seen them on the Roads yet !
I saw one recently after many months after it was launched. It doesn't look too big.

Hyundai messed up the pricing of the car big time. I had seen many Santa-Fes in one month after it's launch.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 10:28   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I saw one recently after many months after it was launched. It doesn't look too big.

Hyundai messed up the pricing of the car big time. I had seen many Santa-Fes in one month after it's launch.
How has it messed up? Isn't Honda CRV, Yeti etc of similar class selling in similar price ranges? None are selling like hot cakes, so this may end up having the same fate
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 11:06   #379
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
How has it messed up? Isn't Honda CRV, Yeti etc of similar class selling in similar price ranges? None are selling like hot cakes, so this may end up having the same fate
They are all flops and this one gets added to that list. If priced properly this would have been a big hit. It is close to 3 months and hardly spotting one in a city like Bangalore means it is a definite flop.
Old 25th January 2017, 11:36   #380
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion the difference of cost in manufacturing Creta, Tucson and SantaFe class of vehicles is not all that much, hence they are priced close to each other. Abroad each class has its own following/need so each model sells, but in India it is mostly VFM that a buyer is in search of, hence Tucson class fails, as there is a cheaper version - Creta to cater to price concious and a full blown one - SanataFe for those who can afford it.

Till other criteria - smaller size, better FE and premium interiors with enhanced safety appeals to Indian buyers, this segment will be at the most a low volume one.
Aroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 13:20   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Haven't seen them on the Roads yet !
Is it just me or the sales is so pathetic in Bangalore? Haven't seen a single Tucson on the roads yet!
Can anybody indicate the sales figures ?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
They are all flops and this one gets added to that list. If priced properly this would have been a big hit. It is close to 3 months and hardly spotting one in a city like Bangalore means it is a definite flop.
Spotting a car on road is not the right indication of whether its a seller or not.

Check the link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html

Hyundai has sold 885 units since its launch in Oct'16. 200 units in Oct'16, 261 in Nov'16 and 424 in Dec'16. The volumes are good for a car in this segment and price range, though too early to tell whether its a success or failure.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 25th January 2017 at 13:24.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 16:41   #382
BHPian

As an introduction of the Hyundai Tuscon, Hyundai should have priced more cautiously to Indian customer base. While I agree, Creta, Tuscon and Santa Fe have to be priced ‘correctly’ (to space them apart) the fact of the matter is Hyundai still does not hold the Honda or Toyota image in customer’s mind (although I have to say Hyundai vehicle are equally good or in fact sometimes more value, in terms of features in comparable variants).

Also, while VFM is true for certain class on Indian customers, we are seeing a lot of Indian customers spending on high value vehicles such as Innova Crysta, XUV W10, Fortuner, Endeavor etc. Of course, one can argue that these are 7 seaters while Tuscon is a 5 seater. All the more reason for Hyundai to have really priced it more than Creta (which they have) but considerably lower than a Honda CR-V (also a 5 seater).

With a INR 30+L price tag for the Tuscon, a typical Indian customer is confused with the thought – that the Hyundai badge is not a Honda / Toyota and certainly not an Audi (Q3) or BMW (X1) [both comparable 5-seater models with high badge value] – so what does he do?

So, then the thought in the minds of many is, if one is willing to spend INR 30+L, does it make sense to go for an Innova Crysta, XUV W10 etc. (and get a bigger 7-seater) or stretch the budget a bit and go in for Fortuner, Endeavor etc. or perhaps stretch even more an Audi Q3, BMW X1 etc. [at least get a brand value]. So here again, Tuscon is losing out to these set of customers.

If the Tuscon was price around INR 25+-L, surely Hyundai would have made it compelling to Indian customers to think, do they really need a 7 seater (Crysta etc.) or a well-equipped and much more refined 5-seater Tuscon would suffice, not to mention substantial savings over branded 5-seater ssuch as the Audi / BMW.

Finally, Hyundai business decision makers may know best. They may have priced the Tuscon the way they did for other reasons. E.g. they intentionally do not want to sell high volumes like the Creta as a business strategy. They may just merely want the Tuscon out there as an available option for those very few customers who may want a relatively high-end 5-seater SUV such as a CR-V etc., but then figure the high price tag and do not mind turning to a Tuscon (which has good reviews) and in the process, save a bit. This could make business sense for both, the customer & Hyundai. So intentional business strategy from Hyundai could be the reason Tuscon is not seen high on sales charts.
geotracks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 17:08   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Till other criteria - smaller size, better FE and premium interiors with enhanced safety appeals to Indian buyers, this segment will be at the most a low volume one.
Unfortunately, Tucson interiors didn't feel premium enough in my opinion. I was having Tucson at the top of my purchase list, but was utterly disappointed with the interiors and missing features. For a car in this segment to succeed, it needs to be as loaded as its international version.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 18:10   #384
BHPian

I guess that Hyundai wants to be seen to be offering their Global Line up in India.Vehicles like Genesis and the their performance car line up would further raise their profile further. Eventually, a raise in profile will help them sell future Tuscons.
Old 29th January 2017, 02:44   #385
BHPian

At this price Tucson should have come with Panoramic sunroof at least in the Diesel automatic which is about 29 Lakhs on road.
I had visited the showroom to check out the Tucson . The interior quality is top notch and it felt premium. It's a pity Hyundai didn't opt for the sunroof at this price point . The sales guy was funny as the only new thing according to him was the powered handbrake and the drive modes. Hyundai needs to educate the sales team better to give a better idea about the product.
If the diesel automatic was price at about 25 on road it would sell good.
How reliable is the diesel automatic engine when it comes to clutter after 20000 kms is a question mark. After 20000 my creta makes very annoying noise and the service engineer tell this is how the vehicle sounds of all the customers and I am no exception.
pratiksinhal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 10:17   #386
BHPian

All the reviews from Overdrive, Autocar and others have poured praises for Tucson. And it has got excellent reviews across the world as well.

What is going against Tuscon except there is a price premium Hyundai is asking for? And how much do you all think the price premium they are asking for?

Yes there are few obvious misses such as 4x4 and sunroof, but have they not compensated it with premium quality on everything else they have provided in the car?

Hyundai seems to have positioned it as a premium offering and so they may not worry much about the sales volume.

I am looking for an automatic SUV in the 30 lakhs price bracket and I do not see anything better on paper at this price point.

Want the car in hand by April. So waiting for more launches is not an option.

I have already tested Crysta, BMW X1 and XVU500 and all three are out of my list.

Planning to test Tucson and Hexa this week or next.

Here are my criteria.

Must haves,
- Automatic
- 5 star safety
- Diesel with adequate power and torque
- Decent Audio.
- Space and comfort
- Ride quality
- Fuel efficiency
- Bright headlights, preferably LED
- ASS
- 500L + boot space

Nice to have
- 4x4
- 7 Seater
- Drive mode selection
- Paddle shifts
- Above 180 ground clearance
- Sunroof
- Resale value
- Exterior looks

I will certainly try Endeavor and Fortuner as well. They both are beyond my budget, however I do not want to regret later.

When is the TBHP review on Tucson coming? Fortuner review has raised the bar really high now. Hoping this one coming soon at the same quality.
sj_koova is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 21:04   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
All the reviews from Overdrive, Autocar and others have poured praises for Tucson. And it has got excellent reviews across the world as well.
The new Tucson is rated so highly here in Ireland, that it has climbed to the Top of Ireland's car sales chart!

http://www.independent.ie/life/motor...-35179498.html
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 11:03   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post

Planning to test Tucson and Hexa this week or next.
I was in the same boat earlier, waited Tuscon to launch and but got disappointed with price and VFM tag.(I would have bought it if they had given 4x4 with sunroof at 29L, after all they are korean and don't think they can command premium more than this).
I have finally bought Endeavour, it is much much better than Tuscon. You should test drive to believe it (you can buy 2.2/Trend variant if budget is concern and pretty much loaded as well).
niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 14:53   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
You should test drive to believe it (you can buy 2.2/Trend variant if budget is concern and pretty much loaded as well).

Yes absolutely. I am not going to rush into my decisions but at the same time do not want to wait indefinitely for newer launches.

The point I was making was, Tucson is a serious contender and proven to be capable mid-size SUV worldwide.
Old 4th February 2017, 00:43   #390
BHPian

I had a test drive of Tucson today. Hyundai's premium car sales executive brought the car home promptly at 9:30 as promised.

First impression, this car certainly does not have the presence or aggressiveness of an SUV. However, it certainly looks cute from all angles. My wife loved the exteriors.

Front and side profile - resembles Santa Fe, but less imposing
Rear - Resembles i20 on steroids.
Wheels - Clearly stands out and very appealing.

I would relate the size and appearance more to Audi Q5 and can undoubtedly give 8/10 for exteriors.

Getting inside - You are not going to be super excited. Though you get the premium feel a bit compared to XUV500 or similar, nothing stand out particularly.

Seats were nice in terms of feel, appearance and ergonomics. Especially the 10-way adjustable seat with lumbar support was something I liked in particular. Dash was practically laid out and so the steering mounted controls. There is a lot of hard plastic that I didn't expect in a car of this price band.

Rear seat was very comfortable, except the middle seat. My son and wife liked the space and comfort in the rear.

I would give 7/10 for practicality and 5/10 for richness.

Coming to the driving - This is very Tucson really impresses you. 2L engine powering 185 BHP @400nm can be really felt in this light weight SUV. The power delivery is more that adequate in sports mode if you are revving the car when it is already above 1500rpm. Eco mode is derivable, Normal mode is impressive and Sport mode really gives you the adrenaline rush.

Tucson handles just like a car with easy maneuverability and absolutely no body roll.
Goes over potholes and uneven surfaces with ease and undulations are hardly felt inside the cabin. My wife had a lot of praises for the back seat comfort all through the drive.
I had the car for more than 90min and had chance to drive through narrow road, very rough road, through the traffic and fairly open 4-lane road. I wouldn't complain about anything except the brakes that I thought needed a little more bite, the bland dash and heavy price tag

Drive-ability, NVH and Engine performance - 9/10

Air conditioner and music system I would say will do justice to the price tag.

Overall I was impressed with the car and is certainly in the shortlist. The only reason I may not buy this would be VFM.

Planning to test drive Fortuner, Endeavour and Hexa this week.
sj_koova is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks