Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2016, 13:32   #121
RSR
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
The 2016 Tucson's GC is only 162.5 mm (6.4 inches)!
Foreign-spec models' ground clearances usually don't apply to their Indian counterparts. This is true across all segments. The Indian version's GC would become known closer to the launch date.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 15:16   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Foreign-spec models' ground clearances usually don't apply to their Indian counterparts. This is true across all segments. The Indian version's GC would become known closer to the launch date.
While I agree that the Indian spec would be having higher GC, wouldn't increasing the GC a lot impact the dynamics? In this case, if the desired GC is around 190 mm, then it would be an increase of 27.5 mm!

In case of Creta/ix25, the ix25's GC in China is 183 mm and the Creta's GC in India is 190 mm. This 7 mm is not a huge increase.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 15:27   #123
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
In this case, if the desired GC is around 190 mm, then it would be an increase of 27.5 mm!

In case of Creta/ix25, the ix25's GC in China is 183 mm and the Creta's GC in India is 190 mm. This 7 mm is not a huge increase.
The GC differs not only from market to market, but also from variant to variant within the same market. Here are the specifications of the Aussie-spec variants:

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-screenshot_20160927152420.jpg
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 10:56   #124
Senior - BHPian

2016 Hyundai Tucson to get various segment-first features

Hyundai has officially confirmed that it will be launching the 2016 Tucson in India on October 25, 2016. A new entrant in the highly competitive Crossover-SUV segment needs to have some USPs to stand out of the crowd and in order to do so, Hyundai has loaded the Tucson with various segment-first features.

Though no official revelation about the feature list has yet been made, sources closer to the company suggest that the upcoming SUV will be equipped with features like double-barrel LED headlights, electric parking brake, front and rear parking sensors, electric lift gate and an optional panoramic sunroof. Infotainment duties will likely be handled by a touchscreen infotainment system that supports AUX, USB and Bluetooth connectivity.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 28th September 2016 at 10:58.
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 15:38   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Unofficial bookings for the Hyundai Tucson have commenced at selected dealerships for a sum of Rs 25,000/-, which is fully refundable. (link)
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 18:32   #126

I am planning to buy either of Endeavor (2x2 AT) or Tucson (Hopefully Topend or second from Top). Will the recent drop in the prices of Endeavor have any affect on Tucson's pricing?
Old 5th October 2016, 20:44   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjagota View Post
I am planning to buy either of Endeavor (2x2 AT) or Tucson (Hopefully Topend or second from Top). Will the recent drop in the prices of Endeavor have any affect on Tucson's pricing?

Don't think so. Hyundai now considers itself beyond Ford in India. Expect premium pricing on the Tucson just as in the Creta. Honestly you shouldn't be comparing the two. The Endevour and the Fortuner will be more an Apple to Apple comparison. The Tucson will be more a soft roader with all the bells and whistles. It will be comparatively smaller than both the Endevour and the Fortuner. We only know that the Tucson will be launched in India with a 2 L diesel. We don't know if it's the 137 BHP or the 180 odd BHP version.
Just wait out till November , you will have both the Tucson and the Fortuner launching.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 12:44   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Don't think so. Hyundai now considers itself beyond Ford in India. Expect premium pricing on the Tucson just as in the Creta. Honestly you shouldn't be comparing the two. The Endevour and the Fortuner will be more an Apple to Apple comparison. The Tucson will be more a soft roader with all the bells and whistles. It will be comparatively smaller than both the Endevour and the Fortuner. We only know that the Tucson will be launched in India with a 2 L diesel. We don't know if it's the 137 BHP or the 180 odd BHP version.
Just wait out till November , you will have both the Tucson and the Fortuner launching.
Thanks for the input Arjun. I completely agree with you. Comparing both of them does seem to be very illogical. But I will tell you my reasons.

First of all, Fortuner is out of question, because as far as Toyota goes, Indian car buying public has given them an impression that they can get away with any pricing and I am very certain that the new Fortuner will be priced even higher than before and hence, out of my reach.

My budget is strictly south of 25 lacs and if I look at good vehicles with good ground clearance, I only find XUV (which I don't like much), Creta (which is highly overpriced) and Endeavour (Only 2x2 Trend Auto is in my range). I need an Auto, so those are the only options. Although Hyundai is going in the Toyota direction when it comes to pricing (Creta and Santa Fe are perfect examples), I think Tucson will be priced sensibly. I should replace the word "think" with "am hoping", but still...

As I need an Auto Box with comfort, good ASS, good city driveability, and one (or two, if I am very lucky) Ladakh like adventures in a year, I think both the vehicles tick my boxes.

Endeavour is a full SUV with Terrain Management and also has a benefit of occasional benefit of ferrying seven occupants. Tucson is perfect for self city driving with better mileage and peace of mind. So, I don't think I will go wrong in buying either of them. Hence, the comparison.
yjagota is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 15:01   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

....Although Hyundai is going in the Toyota direction when it comes to pricing (Creta and Santa Fe are perfect examples), I think Tucson will be priced sensibly. I should replace the word "think" with "am hoping", but still...
Yes, Hyundai may think it has become Toyota and price their cars whatever they want but look at Santa Fe. How many Santa Fe's do you see on road vis-a-vis Fortuners? Yes, Cretas you do see. But wait till Bezza clears production bottlenecks.
Old 6th October 2016, 18:37   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Endeavour is a full SUV with Terrain Management and also has a benefit of occasional benefit of ferrying seven occupants. Tucson is perfect for self city driving with better mileage and peace of mind. So, I don't think I will go wrong in buying either of them. Hence, the comparison.

Sure. The good thing is now you have narrowed down your search to probably the best two SUVs within your budget.
Hope Hyundai prices the Tucson honestly. It will definitely be more easy to live with in the cities compared to the other two. Just watch for Tucson's price and the engine output(137 vs 180 BHP). If they get either of it wrong , then it's better off writing your cheque to Ford. The wait for the Tucson will now start.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 19:34   #131
Senior - BHPian

I am very much interested in the Hyundai Tucson. It looks great (Just like Other Hyundai's) and that's the big thing for many. Despite being a well rounded product going by International Reviews, the biggest thing which will determine it's success will be the Engine it is powered by.

We know that it will come with 2.0 CRDI engine, but i hope it comes in 180 odd bhp power output. Also 4WD will be icing on the cake. An SUV should have 4WD/AWD option to be a good seller.

Another thing is the Pricing, Hyundai in recent past have been pricing thier cars at a Premium. Hyundai needs to do well here, sources say that Hyundai is aiming for 50% odd localization. I am guessing the price might start from around 19 lakhs going upto 24 lakhs for fully specced 4WD version.

I will definitely consider the Tuscon if it comes with Higher Power Output (Mandatory for SUV), 4WD & Good Pricing. Anything above 24 lakhs, I would look at Full Fledged 7 Seater like Endeavour, Fortuner. Or extend the budget and go for Premium CSUVs like Q3, X1, GLA which have that crucial Brand Image at a slight premium.
Old 7th October 2016, 01:07   #132
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope you meant Endeavour 4 x 2!!!

As given by fellow team-bhai and, both the vehicles belong to different segments. Endeavor is a hard core true blooded SUV, whereas the Tucson is a soft Roader.

If you need a strong rugged macho machine with the occasional requirement of 7 seats, you could go in for the Endeavour, but if your usage is primarily in the city and highways with just 5 or less and you prefer a docile decent looking car, then Tucson will be a better choice.
Old 7th October 2016, 01:26   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I hope you meant Endeavour 4 x 2!!!
Yes. I meant 4x2.

As far as the choice goes, to be dead honest, I am damn confused at the moment. The only thing which is final is that I need an automatic SUV. I love driving cars but I cannot drive a manual due to a injury in my left foot. Due to the injury, I am mostly being driven by chauffeurs in sedans. I need to remove this dependency, so it has to be automatic. The reason for looking at a SUV is that I live in UP, India, and the condition of the roads warrants a SUV, and secondly, I have two sedans already, so I want to try this new segment.

I might definitively post this in "What Car" section too. This will be my first SUV, so I don't exactly know what to look for except good after sales and comfortable drive. I am not very much concerned about mileage or offroading. The reason of the comparison, as I said previously, is price range. If Tucson touches 25+ onroad for top end, Endeavour starts to seem way more VFM.

I think I will wait for the launch and then post my query will more details.
Old 7th October 2016, 18:09   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai India has delayed the Tucson SUV's launch. (link)

The premium offering was supposed to be launched on October 24th. The new launch date has not been decided yet.

Perhaps they have been buoyed by the initial response to the Elantra (The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh), and have decided to give their D-segment sedan a bit more time to settle down?
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 19:14   #135
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Hyundai India has delayed the Tucson SUV's launch.
Sadly, I was kind of expecting this.

The reason may have very little to do with the Indian market. Since the Tucson is likely to have a decent % of components imported from South Korea, the launch must have been affected by this:

Quote:
Now, Hyundai (and its sister company, Kia) is suffering through its first full strike in 12 years, with tens of thousands of workers across Korea walking off the job.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/currenta.../#25966d133c30

South Korean companies generally try to incorporate the best practices of Japanese, European & American ones into their own organisational culture. Unfortunately, this is not applicable to labour relations (for reasons beyond their control).

If the supply of components is affected by the ongoing strike in South Korea, then they would naturally try to ensure that they're able to meet the demand of the newly launched Elantra first, before launching the new Tucson. Of course, if things get delayed further, they could look at their Czech plant to try and meet the shortfall..

Last edited by RSR : 7th October 2016 at 19:16.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed