Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2016, 18:16   #76
BHPian

Tucson sure looks well proportioned and has better road presence than Creta and is a mini Santa Fe for sure. But the pricing would surely be at least 5-7 Lakhs more than Creta(Sxo) model which is above 17 Lakhs in Bangalore I'm sure the Tucson would easily be priced above 25 Lakhs in the range of crysta Innova
Old 25th May 2016, 19:38   #77
Team-BHP Support

re: The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched

IMO, there is good enough price gap between the Creta and the Santa Fe for the Tucson to fit in. With the current scenario a 20 to 25 lakhs price range won’t be frowned up on.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 02:54   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
2017 Tuscon imported for testing in both manual and automatic variants. Powered by the expected 2.0 R CRDi (diesel) engine.
Hyundai is evidently bullish on Tucson. More units of Tucson imported for testing and interestingly, this time in petrol variant as well. Powered by 2.0L Nu engines, capable of 164 BHP and 204 Nm of torque (subject to tune).

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-capture.jpg

Source: Zauba
Senna4Ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 15:28   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

The all-new 3rd-gen Hyundai Tucson will have 50% localisation when it will be launched in September, according to Hyundai India.

The company is also confident of the premium SUV doing well in the domestic market, when it is launched with a speculated pricing of Rs 17-22 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi. Demand for SUVs has grown by almost 36% during May 2016, and sees a healthy growth of 40% for the first two months of this financial year, which should work in Hyundai's favour as well.

Rakesh Srivastava, senior vice-president (sales and marketing), Hyundai Motor India:

Quote:
“In marketing terms, there are two things – being ahead of the curve and being ahead of the times. The former gives you an advantage over the others, while the latter is challenging for the product. I think that the first Tucson was ahead of its time, but when the Tucson launches now, it’ll be ahead of the curve, which will be the biggest advantage and therefore we are confident of it.

The SUV segment is growing at 26 percent as against the growth in passenger vehicles segment of 4 percent. That’s because earlier, when only basic features were offered in SUVs, today, all the luxuries are available. And that’s bringing a shift from the sedan segment into the SUV segment. It’s a disruptor, which is why premium/executive sedans are facing a challenge.”
ACI
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 16:12   #80
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Exclusive first drive of the Tucson by Autocar-

A few points I'd like to add-

1. The car launch is in September according to Hormazd.

2. Interiors resemble that of the upcoming Elantra.

3. Hyundai is surely moving away from the funky design language,i.e. striking interiors, curves, multiple design elements etc. to a more conservative design language,i.e. elegant but staid interiors, function over form, will age better etc. While I prefer the latter(European) designs better but a bit of both is the best IMO. Ford is one manufacturer whose design language falls somewhere between the Japanese and the Europeans.

4. The 2000cc diesel produces only 136 BHP of power. I am surprised since the 1.6 diesel produces 126 BHP of power. Infact it may make more sense to plonk the 1.6 unit in the Indian Tucson. I am not saying that the 1.6 would be better than the 2.0 but if Hyundai is willing to pass on the cost benefits to the customer then sacrificing 10 BHP and a bigger engine might be worth it.

Last edited by AYP : 11th July 2016 at 16:17.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 18:37   #81

So some more fresh news about the Tucson from AutoCar India. They say Hyundai is planning to launch this around September 2016. This time they've got a quote from Hyundai's Sales and Marketing VP saying, that Tucson will be "ahead of the curve."

Now for the rubbish part, they say, "Hyundai aims to achieve 50 percent localisation and the SUV is likely to carry a price-tag of around Rs 17-22 lakh(ex-showroom, Delhi)." How is this possible? After milking loads of $$$ for Creta I'm sure this will be mid-20s at the least!
WhiteHorse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 21:35   #82
Senior - BHPian

New Hyundai Tucson - India launch around the corner?

Would be disappointed if they only brought the 136 BHP engine. The Creta has 128 BHP. I am beginning to wonder how they would justify a steep 6-8 lakhs cost difference between the two. One lakh per horse?
Hope they bring the 180 BHP engine on the top trim atleast. Also saw some awesome reviews on the 1.6 turbo petrol. Is Hyundai planning to bring this engine option ?

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 11th July 2016 at 21:50.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 05:29   #83
Senior - BHPian

This car is going to face a lot of challenges. We were skeptical about Hyundai's ambitions after seeing the Creta's price, but the volumes has really surprised us. The tucson will surely be priced higher.

The tucson is going to compete with the Innova crysta and the Mahindra XUV 500 which are formidable packages. Lack of third row seating is going to really hurt Hyundai.

The 2.0 just produces 136 horses.
Old 12th July 2016, 09:31   #84
BHPian

Guys, lets not get hung up over the peak power produced. I am guessing the 2.0 will have a wider band of peak torque than the 1.6. I will take good torque anyday over peak power.
Going by recent Hunydai pricing, this will start at 20+ on road. Still does not make sense over the top end XUV500.
Old 12th July 2016, 09:58   #85
BHPian

Big disappointment! This was one car I eagerly waited for. Needed a fully packed midsize-AT-SUV and I thought Tucson will tick all the boxes.
Spend a little extra and get the new X1 seems to be wiser choice.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 02:49   #86
Senior - BHPian

Has there been any official confirmation about the India launch and engine options?

Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 02:59   #87
BHPian

According to a report by NDTV Car and Bike, the Elantra too is launching in the month of September!
Is HMIL planning to launch both the cars together?
Old 14th July 2016, 10:03   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
This car is going to face a lot of challenges. We were skeptical about Hyundai's ambitions after seeing the Creta's price, but the volumes has really surprised us. The tucson will surely be priced higher.

The tucson is going to compete with the Innova crysta and the Mahindra XUV 500 which are formidable packages. Lack of third row seating is going to really hurt Hyundai.

The 2.0 just produces 136 horses.
I think they know the market better and hence the 'milking' part but then is anyone complaining? Those who are can go get Ecosport or Duster/Terrano.

Tuscon should also have the 4x4 option which Creta or Crysta dont have. There will be customers who dont want a taxi imagine which the Innova's still have. If we are to go by Autocar review, interior quality of Tuscon is far better. I also remember GTO mentioning that the base version of Crysta isnt of high quality too.
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 17:11   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Oncars reports that the all-new Hyundai Tucson will be launched in India by October-end/start of November 2016.

Quote:
Under the hood, the Tucson will get a 2.0-litre diesel engine for the Indian market. The engine will be available in two states of tune. One will be a 134bhp while the other will pump out 181bhp. Transmission responsibilities will be handled by a 6-speed manual gearbox while an automatic gearbox is on the cards as well.
Expect the prices to fall under the bracket of INR 18lakh (ex-showroom) and INR 25lakh (ex-showroom).

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th July 2016 at 17:29.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 18:45   #90
BHPian

If it breaches 20 to 25 lakh margin then Tuscon might become a non starter for hyundai because of the presence of more than capable innova crysta in the same price bracket. Inspite of being first and second in Indian car manufacturing scene, maruti and Hyundai share a common inability in making their premium products a success. Somehow the buying public doesn't feel like paying this premium for a Hyundai or maruti. The lack of third row seat will also work against Tuscon which is otherwise expected to be a decent product from Hyundai stable.
Scaryskodamenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks