Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2016, 12:41   #166
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched

OK! So now Hyundai has 4 offerings ... i20 Active, Creta, Tucson and Santa Fe which look quite similar from outside and are just a size different from each other. Why don't they just name all of them as Hyundai-SUV ..size S, M, L and XL?

Last edited by manson : 9th November 2016 at 15:48. Reason: Typo.
SDP is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 12:46   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I 100% agree with your post. However, what we'll be seeing is a trend similar to how C2-segment sedans murdered D1-segment sedans - related thread.

The Creta has made things very difficult for the Tucson.
And to top it, the face lifted Creta launched in Brazil has a 2.0L engine. If that ever makes it to India (Unlikely), there will be more reason to stick to the Creta instead of the Tucson, at least for those people who just want a more powerful engine.
Old 9th November 2016, 13:12   #168
BHPian

Sure. You've also mentioned elsewhere that value proposition diminishes as you move up the segments. Hopefully this has kept Hyundai in check while actually pricing the Tucson. Though I already dislike that they're not including the pano sunroof or the ventilated seats. I mean, ventilated seats came with the '12 Elantra. At 15L. I don't know how they make such decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I 100% agree with your post. However, what we'll be seeing is a trend similar to how C2-segment sedans murdered D1-segment sedans - related thread.

Thanks. It is so weird that they'd include the powered liftgate and not ventilated seats, specially since they're already available in another one of *lower priced* their cars. This just makes me so mad.

Also, just to confirm, the interior is beige, correct? Another weird choice. Hyundai is so perplexing lately it's not even funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Yes no blue color on the Tucson, even my friend was very much disappointed. No sunroof on any of the variants and no ventilated seats as well. He said that GL & GLS get front and rear parking sensors and rear sensors are with camera with active parking guidelines.

Engine is 2L CRDI with e-vgt and it's not 1.6L.

Edit : More information
ach1lles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 14:30   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Also, just to confirm, the interior is beige, correct? Another weird choice. Hyundai is so perplexing lately it's not even funny.
Upper half of dashboard is black and the rest are beige. Seats are beige as well. Carpet , rear AC console and boot are black. Few other things friend mentioned were the tailgate has memory , tailgate struts were heavy. Spare tyre is a full sized alloy. It is placed inside the boot, has a dedicated place of its own.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 00:10   #170
BHPian

Alas Hyundai have missed out on the Beautiful blue colour.

The 5 things I wanted and really kept my eyes out on to consider the Tuscon were:

1) 180Bhp
2) Ventilated seats.
3) AWD
4) Panaromic Sunroof. The actual one and not the Pseudo Panaromic one like on the Octavia.
5) The Amazing Blue colour.

Seeing the above posts, it looks like I've lost out on 4 out of the 5 things i wanted. Ohh well, tough luck its a no show for me. I just hope Hyundai hasn't committed a big blunder by cutting out on the essentials compared to its competitors and younger siblings. The fact that they cut off these things just drove me away, won't be shocked if i'm not alone on this one.

PS: Attatching some pictures of what I originally imagined when I considered this car.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_2292.jpg  

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_2297.jpg  

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_2295.jpg  

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_2293.jpg  

Last edited by Starfire : 10th November 2016 at 00:38.
Starfire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 06:20   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post

The 5 things I wanted and really kept my eyes out on to consider the Tuscon were:

1) 180Bhp
2) Ventilated seats.
3) AWD
4) Panaromic Sunroof. The actual one and not the Pseudo Panaromic one like on the Octavia.

Seeing the above posts, it looks like I've lost out on 4 out of the 5 things i wanted. Ohh well, tough luck its a no show for me. I just hope Hyundai hasn't committed a big blunder by cutting out on the essentials compared to its competitors and younger siblings. The fact that they cut off these things just drove me away, won't be shocked if i'm not alone on this one.
My thoughts exactly. I was looking forward to an SUV version of the Elantra. With at least the ventilated seats and a sunroof, even if not a panoramic one. And black interiors instead of beige.

Hyundai, you just lost one more sales lead for the Tucson.
gadiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 06:53   #172
BHPian

Quote:
1) 180Bhp
2) Ventilated seats.
3) AWD
Without these features, Tucson is hardly different from Creta. I pre booked Tucson (unofficially) 3 months ago hoping that Hyundai won't act stingy with its 20+ lakh product. But things aren't looking positive and I won't mind dropping the idea of purchasing a Tucson if it is not as loaded as at least it's sedan twin Elantra.
Old 10th November 2016, 08:42   #173
Senior - BHPian

So with most of the features missing from the Tucson , what would really differentiate it from the Creta ?
A more powerful 180 BHP engine and probably an inch or two more space in the cabin. Well then it should not be priced more than 2 lakhs more than the Creta.
The only reason I might consider the Tucson over the Creta now will be if they have the automatic with the 6 airbags and all the other safety equipment at a price I suggested above. This is unlikely as we are all expecting the top spec Tucson to cost north of 27 lakhs OTR bangalore.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 08:54   #174
BHPian

it looks like the whole point of launching Tucson is not to sell it, but to make Creta look like a VFM offering
ece2k2 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 09:21   #175
BHPian

Just back fresh from a trip in the Tucson, we drove it around 1000 kms + in the City and Highways, No Way it feels like a 25L car! I am surprised that not many feel that way. Its just a slightly bigger Creta, Tucson is a good buy at Cretas price +1/2L nothing more!
anand.shankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 09:30   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

I had a similar impression driving the new Tucson in the US a few months back. It felt very lightly built, wafer thin and flimsy doors. The interiors were cosmetically good quality -what I mean is, the surfaces felt good but it was obvious that it is a cover up job, not genuinely good quality materials as in a Skoda or VW. The petrol engine felt lively due to the lightweight nature of the car. Overall, it felt like Hyundai was ticking as many boxes as possible on feature checklists rather than trying to build a holistic high quality product. Somewhat like an Oneplus phone rather than an iphone😊

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 10th November 2016 at 09:32.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 13:52   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Upper half of dashboard is black and the rest are beige. Seats are beige as well. Carpet , rear AC console and boot are black. Few other things friend mentioned were the tailgate has memory , tailgate struts were heavy. Spare tyre is a full sized alloy. It is placed inside the boot, has a dedicated place of its own.
Yup.

Quote:

1) 180Bhp
2) Ventilated seats.
3) AWD
I have a very similar list. AWD would've been nice to have too. Well. As with everything, choose your compromise.

Quote:
I just hope Hyundai hasn't committed a big blunder by cutting out on the essentials compared to its competitors and younger siblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Without these features, Tucson is hardly different from Creta. I pre booked Tucson (unofficially) 3 months ago hoping that Hyundai won't act stingy with its 20+ lakh product. But things aren't looking positive and I won't mind dropping the idea of purchasing a Tucson if it is not as loaded as at least it's sedan twin Elantra.
The Tucson has every feature that the Elantra has, except for the sunroof (though the pano sunroof is much better in the Tucson if it would've been there) and the ventilated seats. I can confirm this. It has a couple of extra features too, like puddle lamps, reclining rear seats, front parking sensors and the electronic parking break. Like in the Elantra, the mirrors auto fold. It has auto lights, auto wipers, electro chromic mirror, cruise control etc. The driver seat is electrically adjustable with lumbar support.

One thing which might put SUV buyers off though is that even with the highest driver seat position up front, and at the rear, you don't sit as high as in the Creta. Or atleast it feels like you're sitting lower.

Last edited by ach1lles : 10th November 2016 at 13:56. Reason: missed something
Old 10th November 2016, 17:25   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
The Tucson has every feature that the Elantra has, except for the sunroof (though the pano sunroof is much better in the Tucson if it would've been there) and the ventilated seats.
Things like ventilated seats and AWD are pretty critical IMO - especially when you are going to pay 25+ lakhs for this car.
Old 10th November 2016, 17:40   #179
BHPian

I was looking forward to AWD and pano sunroof. I had already pre-booked one. But now will be cancelling my booking.

The Yeti looks like a much better value proposition with an excellent build quality and driving dynamics to match.
Old 10th November 2016, 17:46   #180
Senior - BHPian

New Hyundai Tucson - India launch around the corner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Things like ventilated seats and AWD are pretty critical IMO - especially when you are going to pay 25+ lakhs for this car.

Not really. You don't get ventilated seats in any car/ SUV ,forget 25 lakhs not even at 50 lakhs. Hyundai brought it in with the 5th gen Elantra which I own. It's now on the 6th gen too and there was always an expectation that any Hyundai upwards of the Elantra would come with ventilated seats.
Any idea if the Santa Fe has ventilated seats ? If yes that will probably be the only other vehicle apart from the Elantra to have one in India , south of 50-60 lakhs.
Your right on the AWD. It would have been a big boost to the Tucson in comparison to the Creta.
The joke is that Mercedes still gets a few models in India with heated seats ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks