Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2016, 18:09   #301
BHPian

re: With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post
First Brief TD of the BR-V:
I have a few questions, and your feedback would be helpful.

1. How was the interior plastic quality and finish as compared to the Duster and Creta?

2. Honda says that they have improved the NVH levels of the i-DTEC. Did you find it noisy to the extent of being a deal breaker?
Old 5th May 2016, 18:35   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
I have a few questions, and your feedback would be helpful.
hi
1. How was the interior plastic quality and finish as compared to the Duster and Creta?
I would say between Duster and Creta. Creta is better but not a big margin. I liked the matte chrome finish and also the textured faux carbon plastic looks really nice.

The Central audio console kills the whole flow completely, it clearly looks like an after-market DIY patch work. I hope Honda comes out with optional AVN touch screen accessory in near future.

2. Honda says that they have improved the NVH levels of the i-DTEC. Did you find it noisy to the extent of being a deal breaker?

NVH is definitely improved, no it is not noisy to the extent of a deal-breaker. My comment in the TD was more to do with the iDtec itself being noisy. Else NVH is decent enough.
-xplora- is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 19:28   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Pricing is little higher than expected. But it is no way overpriced like how Maruti did for 1.6 S cross at launch. I find BRV a very practical family car. Fold those 3rd row seats and you have 691 litres of boot space.

Honda mentions Front axle clearance as 210 mm and not GC.
In the PDF brochure they mention GC as 210 mm. Take a look at the attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-05052016-192732.png  

wannabelean is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 20:20   #304
BHPian

My dad's visit to Honda showroom made him switch from Creta SX+ AT to BR-V 'V AT' , booked now. Its his choice end of the day but I'm disappointed for Honda not offering these

--VX AT
--Rear camera
--LED strip in V trim
--Touch screen interface in V

I still don't like the side look of BR-V but my dad's decision was based on Honda brand, 7 seats 'IF' needed, ample boot space with 3rd row folded down. Notice the missing skid plates front/back in V trim. They look aggressive in VX trim, hopefully there are available as accessories later.

No TD as they had only one sitting inside.

Sorry for poor quality pics, sales rep through WhatsApp.

update: BR-V passenger seats sit low compared to Creta. Drivers seat is height adjustable though.
Attached Thumbnails
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-0fb5123c1c0b987d840278a3d5108878.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-040c832ea1c23dee3ba82927e2af7462.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-041e878e89df48b2b5a275344779503b.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-328e6ee0f55fdf7d7a569dbaf3e521a3.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-688fa4c354b13c1d99d0102229343947.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-a0b238c0a1ae9c74f44f900b6e3a9481.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-ad970bcc8a39ecce092b0c8bb208116d.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-bb88df543882d15876eb86421c139dc8.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-ea8e6923aa9f334db2f5f1728e1ba4ab.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-fc6992f393dee014d0af6f816818d957.jpg  

Last edited by VIPER_SRT : 5th May 2016 at 20:46.
VIPER_SRT is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 21:02   #305
Senior - BHPian

Everybody seem to be cribbing about absence of touch screen in BR-V. I have a different opinion though. I have touch screen in Kwid and the Endeavour. It definitely offers more feature than old school button interface but has some negatives as well.
1. While driving you would be using the Steering buttons 99% of the time and it doesnot matter whether the main unit is touch or button.
2. While GPS is offered in most touch screen I would prefer the Google Maps anyday. I hardly use my GPS in the Kwid.
3. The touch screen is not as fast as the button interface.You can use a button interface headunit while driving without taking your eyes off,not with Touch screen though.
4. Reverse camera if integrated with head unit becomes quite helpful. However you can always get it in Rear view mirror these days.
5. And last but not the least, a hung touch screen can get quite irritating.

While the touch screens are more modern and feels premium they don't offer significant advantages over buttons unlike mobile phones. I would anyday prefer a better sounding old school button music system with bluetooth than average sounding touch music system.
PrideRed is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 21:12   #306
AYP
Senior - BHPian

The steering in the V variant in the above pics looks identical to that of the Brio. Whereas the earlier pics and video reviews show a different(and much better) steering identical to the previous generation city.
Is the steering design different for the top-end model? And if yes, then what purpose does this serve?
Perhaps the steering design was different for the pre-production vehicles.

Last edited by AYP : 5th May 2016 at 21:16.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 21:21   #307
BHPian

Same crappy mobilio like side profile. Looks more like a restyled mobilio. And then what about the tractor like sounding diesel engine. Did they improve anything. It sounded really bad when I drive Honda city diesel. Sometimes even the best of brands make mistakes. Was not expecting this from Honda
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 21:33   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
but I'm disappointed for Honda not offering these
--VX AT
--Rear camera
--LED strip in V trim
--Touch screen interface in V
How difficult or Easy would it be to replace the V headlight assembly with that of a VX? With DRL's available on VX, the V would have that space empty in the assembly. Will it be a simple affair to retrofit?
I am opting for the CVT and don't have much of a choice with no VX trim.

I am a sucker for DRL's after my affair with the Audi's 'Angel Eyes" and love the way people on the street point out to the fact that my lights are on.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 5th May 2016 at 21:34.
Old 5th May 2016, 21:55   #309
BHPian

Irrespective of what is the common perception, I feel it's a quintessential practical car. Something akin to the Toyota Etios Liva. No frills but absolute VFM.
Totally agree with the view that touch screen isn't a major miss. Can be done without. A seven seater within a reasonable price range and delivering a decent performance is any day better than an over priced and an over hyped Vehicle like a Creta.
Waiting for the Team Bhp review for the final take though
Old 5th May 2016, 22:21   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
Same crappy mobilio like side profile. Looks more like a restyled mobilio. And then what about the tractor like sounding diesel engine. Did they improve anything. It sounded really bad when I drive Honda city diesel. Sometimes even the best of brands make mistakes. Was not expecting this from Honda
Mobilio was not crappy at all, the interiors that against the overall package. It is very much a restyled Mobilio but in a positive way.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 22:38   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Mobilio was not crappy at all, the interiors that against the overall package. It is very much a restyled Mobilio but in a positive way.
I ain't accusing anyone. I test drove it in 2015. I found the side profile really bad, interiors as u said were awful, not just awful extremely awful, build quality was just okay and then the extreme body roll. When Honda is already aware of the drawbacks, Honda could have tweaked the side profile as well. Why keep resemblance with a product which failed.
It's my opinion, some find things gud, some may not. Please I m not here to hurt anyone's feeling.
Old 5th May 2016, 22:46   #312
BHPian

Pricing seems to be spot on. Will definitely challenge the rest of the competition. I think Duster will take the worst hit. Lodgy anyway is fading.

For those who've seen the vehicle in the flesh, do you think it's narrow inside? The BR-V reminds me of a narrow tube and not sure if there will be enough elbow room. Any thoughts / views?
Old 5th May 2016, 23:47   #313
BHPian

All the talk about the VFM pricing, isn't this extremely close to body on frame RWD 7/8 seater SUVs like Mahindra Scorpio & Tata Safari/Storme (Even Tata Aria?)? The advantage here being higher fuel economy? But losing out on RWD, engine capacity, power and size in the bargain? Screams *lower segment* to me as far as being an SUV is concerned!

The more pertinent question to be asked here is what this offers over the sub-Innova MPVs. Agreed that this is a practical, 7 seater family car, but so are Ertiga and Lodgy. If anything, Ertiga is based on a platform whose cars are half a segment more premium as compared to BR-V's. And anyways, apart from the SUVish looks, I fail to understand how this is any more practical than the already overpriced (w.r.t. Ertiga) Mobilio.

I would really like to look very closely at the sales numbers 3-4 months down the line on how the market perceives this product at such a price point. I would be really surprised if it does even 25-30% of Creta's monthly no.s.
antz.bin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 00:57   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
All the talk about the VFM pricing, isn't this extremely close to body on frame RWD 7/8 seater SUVs like Mahindra Scorpio & Tata Safari/Storme (Even Tata Aria?)? The advantage here being higher fuel economy? But losing out on RWD, engine capacity, power and size in the bargain? Screams *lower segment* to me as far as being an SUV is concerned!

The more pertinent question to be asked here is what this offers over the sub-Innova MPVs. Agreed that this is a practical, 7 seater family car, but so are Ertiga and Lodgy. If anything, Ertiga is based on a platform whose cars are half a segment more premium as compared to BR-V's. And anyways, apart from the SUVish looks, I fail to understand how this is any more practical than the already overpriced (w.r.t. Ertiga) Mobilio.
Body on frame RWD cars like Scorpio, Storme and Aria appeal to a different breed of customers altogether (those who value toughness, butch looks, ability to handle bad roads etc). These beasts weigh close to 2 tons! BR-V appeals to customers who value things like refinement, nimble handling within city, features etc.

However, you are right - BRV is closer competitor to Ertiga/Lodgy/Mobilio than it is to a Duster/Creta. And you know what? Even Honda thinks so. From Honda's presentation -

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-pa270096.jpg

Whom do you think Honda is talking about when it mentions "COMPETITOR"?

My line of thinking when I compared Ertiga AT and BRV CVT, and whether the Rs. 3.5 Lacs premium is worth it -

1) BRV looks better than Ertiga
2) BRV is feature rich (Ertiga AT has steel wheels!)
3) BRV has a very usable boot space (230 litres against 130 litres)
4) BRV has better looking and black interiors (full beige/cream interiors would've looked good in year 2006, but not in 2016)
5) Modern fuel efficient CVT of BRV with paddle shifters as against 4-speed torque convertor of Ertiga AT.

Last edited by SmartCat : 6th May 2016 at 01:04.
SmartCat is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 01:32   #315
BHPian

The mini crossover SUV seems attractive. But, why no AWD and rear disc brakes?

Honda used to be the one manufacturer that provided disc brakes in most of their models. Others have mentioned it already, but, a vehicle like this needed to have a touch screen display with sat nav as an option. It is also disappointing that the highest variant is not a CVT. There must be a reason for that.

I don't think this is designed to compete with Creta. While overpriced (and seating for only five), Creta does look more sophisticated.

Last edited by THE-U- : 6th May 2016 at 01:36.
THE-U- is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks