Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2016, 01:25   #106
BHPian

re: With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Finally, Pre Booked a Honda BR-V today @ 21000/-

Below is the info i got from the GM of the local Honda Dealership today..
  • Launching on Thursday, 5th May 2016
  • Sales execs have already received internal training this week
  • Four variants each (E, S, V, VX) in Petrol as well as Diesel
  • All variants will come with Dual SRS Airbags as Standard
  • Expected launch prices will be 7.99 Lacs to 13.49 Lacs ex Delhi
  • Prices will be approximately 1L higher than similar Mobilio variant

With two duds in the form of Brio & Mobilio, and a less than spectacular performance from Jazz, Honda is not in a position to take any chances and is fully focused to make this a grand success.

Keeping fingers crossed
Many congrats Vikash, and best wishes for a quick delivery and a happy ride!

Did they say anything about the availability (especially which variants), price and delivery time of the automatic (CVT)?
Old 21st April 2016, 03:21   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
[*]Prices will be approximately 1L higher than similar Mobilio variant[/list]

Congrats. That is good pricing from Honda. Still overpriced as it offers not much more from the overpriced Mobilio, but in terms of sheer desirability- BRV should fare far better. And Indians are crazy about SUV'ish cars.

If this pricing holds true- BRV should become the second volume seller for Honda slotting right between the Amaze/ Jazz and City in terms of sales.
Old 21st April 2016, 10:26   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Prices will be approximately 1L higher than similar Mobilio variant
Congratulations on your booking!

IMO, the primary reason Mobilio didn't sell much was because it was priced too steep compared to the closest competition (Ertiga). And if they price this 1L higher than Mobilio, then Honda team has obviously not learnt a lesson after the 1st Gen Jazz, and the Mobilio.

Alternatively, what Honda can do is slash the price of Mobilio to match its closest competition (close to 1 L). And then price BRV close to the current prices of Mobilio.

Btw, Honda BRV's website is now live for India - https://www.hondacarindia.com/brv/

Last edited by shifu : 21st April 2016 at 10:27. Reason: Website
Old 21st April 2016, 12:37   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post
Many congrats Vikash, and best wishes for a quick delivery and a happy ride!

Did they say anything about the availability (especially which variants), price and delivery time of the automatic (CVT)?
Sorry, did not discuss about the CVT as I was not looking for one. Will update as I get any more info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats. That is good pricing from Honda. Still overpriced as it offers not much more from the overpriced Mobilio, but in terms of sheer desirability- BRV should fare far better. And Indians are crazy about SUV'ish cars.

If this pricing holds true- BRV should become the second volume seller for Honda slotting right between the Amaze/ Jazz and City in terms of sales.
Yes, they desperately need a volume seller, especially considering the fact that their domestic sales witnessed a growth of a meagre 2% in 2015-16 in spite of a big launch in form of the JAZZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Congratulations on your booking!

IMO, the primary reason Mobilio didn't sell much was because it was priced too steep compared to the closest competition (Ertiga). And if they price this 1L higher than Mobilio, then Honda team has obviously not learnt a lesson after the 1st Gen Jazz, and the Mobilio.

Alternatively, what Honda can do is slash the price of Mobilio to match its closest competition (close to 1 L). And then price BRV close to the current prices of Mobilio.

Btw, Honda BRV's website is now live for India - https://www.hondacarindia.com/brv/
I doubt that they will be comparing the BR-V to the Mobilio or Ertiga.

Its an SUV and a different segment all together. Also, it's clearly a segment above the sub 4m compact SUVs like the Ecosport & Brezza. Their benchmark competitor would most likely be the Creta & Duster.. but even here, the BR-V holds a distinct advantage of being a 7-seater!

Just got an update that though it will be carrying over the brilliant 1.5L iVTEC from the City, the power will be slightly higher @ 120 PS and will come with a 6-Speed Gear Box instead of the 5-Speed in the City

Also, wheels will have 5-Lugs instead of the City's 4 Lugs.

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-hondabrv2016autoexpo10.jpg

Image source

Last edited by vikash49 : 21st April 2016 at 12:40.
vikash49 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 16:05   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, did not discuss about the CVT as I was not looking for one. Will update as I get any more info!
Thanks Vikash!

Did they provide any timeline for delivering your car?

Just trying to figure out what advantage we are getting by pre-booking. When will deliveries start? From 5th May itself, or later?
Old 22nd April 2016, 16:49   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I can foresee this can be a big hit if they price it well. This look's better then Creta, in my opinion, more like a smaller CRV probably and should compete very easily with others like Maruti SX4/ Vitara / Duster. Anyone who is in the market for something in this segment should pre-book to get early deliveries whenever they are able to produce.It will surely have a long delivery period after launch.

Have seen BR-V in Indonesia. Yes this is a mini CR -V
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:35   #112
BHPian

Honda starts pre booking for BR-V. Official launch on 5th May 2016!

Honda starts Pre Booking for BR-V @ 21,000/-

Honda will be launching its highly-awaited SUV, the Honda BR-V, on May 5, 2016. The BR-V was showcased at the Indian Auto Expo this year in February. The upcoming SUV is based on the Brio / Mobilio platform and was first unveiled in Japan last year. The BR-V will compete against the Renault Duster, Hyundai Creta, Nissan Terrano and the Maruti S-Cross and other sub 4m SUVs like the Ecosport, Brezza & TUV300.

The BR-V will also be equipped with dual SRS airbags and ABS as standard across all variants.

The BR-V's cabin is loaded with gizmos such as a touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control with rear AC vents, rear parking camera and electrically controlled rear view mirrors.

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-10.jpg
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-2.jpg

The one thing which makes the BR-V stand out among its competitors is its seven-seat configuration. The second and third rows passengers will have the convenience of roof-mounted air conditioning vents that have a three-speed blower setting. Even the third row of the BR-V will be equipped with an armrest and cup holder on both sides.

The BR-V will be powered by Honda's 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine which produces 100 PS of power, and the i-VTEC petrol unit which puts out 120 PS of power. Though the rivals in its segment make a bit more power, the BR-V will be slightly lighter, thereby possibly offering better fuel efficiency and real-world performance.

The transmission duties on both the engines are taken care by a 6-speed manual transmission while the petrol unit will also have a CVT automatic variant as an option. The diesel variant's fuel efficiency is expected to be close to 20-23kmpl whereas the petrol-powered motor will be most likely good for 17-18kmpl.

The Honda BR-V is likely to be priced around the Rs 9-13 lakh range depending on the engine option and variant. The upcoming Honda SUV is likely to give the segment leader - Hyundai Creta - a run for its money.

Honda India launched BRV Micro site.

Source
Source
vikash49 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:38   #113
BHPian

Re: Honda starts pre booking for BR-V. Official launch on 5th May 2016!

Finally, Pre Booked a Honda BR-V @ 21000/-

Below is the info I got from the GM of the local Honda Dealership today..
  • Launching on Thursday, 5th May 2016
  • Sales execs have already received internal training this week
  • Four variants each (E, S, V, VX) in Petrol as well as Diesel
  • All variants will come with Dual SRS Airbags & ABS as Standard
  • Expected launch prices will start from 7.99 Lacs and go upto 13.49 Lacs ex Delhi
  • Prices will be approximately 1L higher than similar Mobilio variant
With two duds in the form of Brio & Mobilio, and a less than spectacular performance from Jazz, Honda is not in a position to take any chances and is fully focused to make this a grand success.

Keeping fingers crossed
vikash49 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 20:33   #114
BHPian

I too completed my pre-booking formalities in Mumbai a few days back. I have selected the CVT petrol Model. The sales exec has invited me to the launch on 5th May, when the car will be put on display. If the Metallic Green is an option, I would be choosing that, in loving memory of my 1st Gen Skoda Octavia. Else the Maroon.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 20:57   #115
Senior - BHPian

Same booking amount as Maruti Brezza!

Being a 7 seater, a Honda with true SUVish character, and correct pricing (tentative pricing looks promising), BR-V will surely come out strongly in the market overcrowded with SUVs these days.

I don't like the rear looks in particular though, front looks good. Somehow still appears as a Mobilio on steroids.

I don't see a reason for Honda to continue Mobilio production.
bluevolt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 21:33   #116
Senior - BHPian

Everything looks tempting but I am still not finding 'that' desirability feature still which is the main drawback of this while Brio/Mobilio platform.

They seem to have gotten rid of those Almond headlamps but still that thick chrome moustache puts me away. If I would buy one ever, the first thing I would do is to put black vinyl over it.

So unlike the case with Jazz v i20, this looks to be going in favour of BRV vis-a-vis Creta (90% chance) as we surely have a price sensitive market but if it doesn't, then it surely would make Creta look a more premium that it really is.

At the same time I am more than 100% sure Hyundai won't take this lying down, they would surely come with some response and if they do come with price reduction, it would be win-win for us customers.
carwatcher is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 22:27   #117
AYP
Senior - BHPian

The front design is quite good. However, I feel that it should have been wider. The longish side profile give it an MPVish look, much like the Mobilio.
That being said, with 7 seats, better than Mobilio interiors and a Honda badge, the car should find reasonable success if not better than the Creta(I feel that the Creta will still be the segment leader).

Last edited by AYP : 22nd April 2016 at 22:29.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 22:32   #118
Team-BHP Support

Rs. 1 Lac over Honda Mobilio? Sounds like a very good deal (if true). Then Honda BRV CVT would cost around Rs. 2.5 Lacs more than Honda Mobilio petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
but still that thick chrome moustache puts me away. If I would buy one ever, the first thing I would do is to put black vinyl over it.
Great minds like ours think alike!

Or you could buy in silver or white. It should reduce the grumpy look effect.
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 07:21   #119
Senior - BHPian

Indulging in flights of fantasy.
What if they come out with a fully loaded top version - 6 airbags, disc brakes on all four and an AWD to boot. And price? Errr... 14 lacs?
And I agree with that thick chrome moustache. I would blacken it.
wilful is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 11:12   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I too completed my pre-booking formalities in Mumbai a few days back. I have selected the CVT petrol Model. The sales exec has invited me to the launch on 5th May, when the car will be put on display.
Congratulations Ritesh! The launch here is on 8th and they've invited me for the same too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Being a 7 seater, a Honda with true SUVish character, and correct pricing (tentative pricing looks promising), BR-V will surely come out strongly in the market overcrowded with SUVs these days.
True. The biggest reason that attracts me to the BR-V is the flexibility to seat 7 people when needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
that thick chrome moustache puts me away. If I would buy one ever, the first thing I would do is to put black vinyl over it.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Great minds like ours think alike!
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
And I agree with that thick chrome moustache. I would blacken it.
+1

This is what I have in mind too..not a fan of the 'chrome heavy' front ends that the recent Honda's have been carrying. Would love to have in PIANO BLACK like on the Jazz

This is how it would look with a blacked out grill:
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-102.jpg

Standard chrome grill for comparison:
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-10.jpg

Last edited by vikash49 : 23rd April 2016 at 11:42.
vikash49 is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed