Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2016, 15:38   #346
AYP
Senior - BHPian

re: With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post

What exactly is the extra 4.5 lakhs fetching me if I go for BRV vs Ertiga?

Or should I go with the over-stylish over-featured (wrt BRV at least) and over-priced 5-seater Creta just due to its looks and the hyundai experience?

Advice !!
Here is what you mainly get if you go for the BRV over the Ertiga-
1. Better looks.
2. Better space.
3. Better equipment(for the automatic variant).
4. Most importantly, you get bragging rights. If someone asks you the type of car which you own, you can say- SUV . Even though deep down, majority of us know that this is nothing but a Mobilio with tweaked styling elements.
How often do you need to carry more than 5 or more people? If it is less than 10%, then the Creta is a much better option IMO.

Last edited by AYP : 6th May 2016 at 15:46.
AYP is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 15:42   #347
BHPian

If the rumour that Honda will continue the Mobilio in India, is it possible that Mobilio will also get an auto tranny?

Request team-bhp to include interior spacing comparison with the Mobilio & BR-V in the review( I know you guys will but still!)
Old 6th May 2016, 15:47   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Here is what you mainly get if you go for the BRV over the Ertiga-
2. Better equipment(for the automatic variant).
I think this is one major area where Maruti has goofed up. Ertiga AT is offered only in VXi trim which looses out on a lot of safety, comfort and convenience equipment from the ZXi. If there was an Ertiga ZXi AT, the case for justifying BR-V would have become harder.

Somehow, Maruti believes that customers that are willing to pay 1.25 lakhs additional OTR for the convenience of an AT will not pay for driver seat height adjustment, rear washer/wiper/defogger and touchscreen AVN.

I also saw a post recently (on the Ertiga AT thread, I think) suggesting that Maruti is not taking bookings for Ertiga AT. Called a dealer here in Bangalore, and the SA claimed bookings are on, but then he is yet to get back to me on the test-drive requested.
mustang_shelby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 16:02   #349
BHPian

Went to check out BRV today after finding that ISUZU noida is shutdown

Few points

1> Front is the best angle for this pseudo SUV
2> You don't sit very High.. That's a negative for a SUV
3> It is a strict 4 Adult+ 2 Kids seater. Middle row has less width than Amaze.
4> Interior quality is acceptable.
5> Base E trim did not look cheap as it looks in Amaze
6> It was shod with Michelin
7> There were not many people checking out BRV.
8> After checking the car didn't feel like taking a test drive
9> Only thing that can save BRV is Petrol motor.

I feel it is destined to fail.. Looks do matter in our country even Maruti couldn't sell Ritz, Estilo and now S Cross.
shashant is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 16:34   #350
Team-BHP Support

Honda BR-V Vs Hyundai Creta Shootout

http://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/compari...from=home-auto
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 18:05   #351
BHPian

I am a happy new Honda City SV-CVT owner for 2 years. I am in a market for another “Honda CVT”. My options are another City CVT or BRV-CVT. It will be a family car and will mainly be used on weekends / evening drives and occasional out of station drives.

I am inclined towards BRV-CVT as I will spend 20% time with 6 members (4 adults, 2 kids) on board.

Honda city SV-CVT is an amazing car. Ride quality (I feel every small bump / crater, family always complain and ask to go very slow) and smaller tyres (Discussed on Team-BHP forum in length) where I am not happy with City.

I had a TD yesterday of BRV (VX diesel) and found that ride quality to be significantly better compared to City. Tyres are also bigger, though looking smaller compared to the body of BR-V. May be a good idea to have tyre upgrade like Honda City. Honda petrol 1.5 engine, CVT and paddle shifts are in both cars (In Honda City VX) with some fine tuning.

On the other side, interiors, front/second raw space and elegance are slightly lower in BR-V compared to City. Its seems 3 person can fit easily in rear row of city compared to second row BR-V, even though on paper width of BR-V is more compared to City. While second row of BR-V can recline and slide, Honda City rear seats are more comfortable. High GC, 7 seats. SUV look? and other pros of BR-V is discussed in details in this thread (Just to mention, I hardly had GC issue with the new City).

Over all I found BR-V a well-suited car. Needed to decide between City CVT and BR-V CVT. Heart goes for BR-V, Brain says City.
loving_alaap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 20:04   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like Honda India has set itself a pretty modest production target for the BR-V: sources indicate that the production capacity might be only 40,000 units per annum from it's Tapukara plant.

That's less than 3,400 cars per month!

What if the demand for the BR-V escalates in the days to come? Two, or maybe even three other Honda offerings might see suspended production schedules!

Quote:
The new BR-V, launched on May 5, will be made at the company’s Tapukara facility and while the carmaker has said that volumes will be based on market demand, sources say that Honda is looking at a production capacity of 40,000 units per annum for the BR-V.

Honda had commenced BR-V shipments to dealerships during April to be ready for deliveries as soon as the SUV was launched. Jnaneswar Sen, senior VP (sales and marketing) had said that it typically takes 8-10 days for shipments to reach far-flung dealerships across India and hence the start of supplies and bookings by mid-April.

Honda’s April sales have indicated sales of 567 units of the BR-V which Sen clarified are wholesales to distributors.
AutoCar Professional

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th May 2016 at 20:08.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 20:23   #353
BHPian

Well, as a previous gen Honda City V-AT ( Jan 2010) owner still, I was eagerly awaiting the BR-V release as I'm considering it in the near short span.

But, I'm disappointed because of few things :

1) Lack of CVT in VX variant.

2) Change of steering wheel from media release cars and actual production cars. The media cars had the steering wheel from previous gen city(same as my city) which is cute and nice, while actual production cars had amaze steering wheel which I didn't like. Why such a change in very short span of time. Is there any specific reason for this?

3) Lack of heat resistant front wind shield.

4) Lack of cruise control.

Will wait to see if any of the above are incorporated in the facelift down the line in 6 to 12 months.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 6th May 2016 at 20:26.
Old 6th May 2016, 20:25   #354
BHPian

Went to see the BRV yesterday and came back unimpressed

It would be well suited for individuals specifically looking for a 7 seater and that might be it's only USP along with introductory pricing

It has too much "Mobilio" in it to be classified as a CSUV or SUV

To summarize, BRV seems more like a Mobilio facelift than an all new car

Last edited by amit_2025 : 6th May 2016 at 20:26.
amit_2025 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 22:44   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
I am going by the Indonesian brochure and the Product videos, which clearly mention these specific safety features in the BR-V being sold there. Its missing from the description on Honda India's BR-V page.

Not the first time that a manufacturer would have offered a safety-cut version locally.
Side impact beams have been the norm in cars over the world from the 90s. I guess Honda just didn't mention them in the brochure as almost all cars have them. Even the genx Nano has them.
Doge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 22:50   #356
Team-BHP Support

A day after launch, the general impression seems to be one of disappointment, save for the Honda badge and the seven seater automatic option.

Nevertheless, I'll also be going to check out the car tomorrow as I've always been interested in diesel crossovers as my next upgrade. 210mm GC is the main point that interests me, and the lack of cruise control is the main concern area.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 10:57   #357
BHPian

hi all

1. Steering is same as old Honda City not the Amaze. The images floating around are either of the Indonesian version or they are of the E variant. The one I saw and drove had the Honda City steering.

2. Side-impact beam architecture has been replaced with ACE body structure which is in all Hondas. It is designed for shock absorbtion and distribution of the flow of impact shock throughout the body frame, reducing the possibility of the frame collapsing and hurting the occupants.
-xplora- is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 12:13   #358
BHPian

Good Morning to Everyone.,

Finally saw the much Awaited Honda BRV.
the Variants in the Showroom Display were.. E (Sliver metallic) & V ( White Pearl)

Here are few of My First Impressions of the HONDA BRV..

1) the Front looks just Superb as Expected!! Classic SUV Design & Muscular., I rather say.. It looks Better than most of the present Mini SUV/MUV's (Creta, Ecosport,Vitara Brezza, Ertiga, Lodgy, Tuv300, & even than the New Innova) atleast for Me.
2) It definitely looks Taller than the previous Mobilio & the Side View looks Sporty too ., little Streached out but the Design Builds up.. love the way it looks like a Mini-CRV.
3) The Rear Tail light does add to its Road Presence., Love the way the Rear lights join up.
4) Even the Drivers Seat is Taller with Good Clear Fount View., that of-course after adjusting the Seat height in the Variant-V ( It felt way better than the Creta driver Seat)
5) The Interior Plastics were kinda let down., but looked very Practical and just Ok. Though the Full Black Interiors looked Neat & Good.
6) Loved the Spacing around its Seating., Specially the Second row is very Roomy (better than Creta) but can only accommodated 2 Adults+one kid in the center & the Third Row Seating is Surprisingly Spacious as well., it can accommodate 2 Adults or 3 Kids Comfortably.
7) Were-As the Bluetooth Audio console looks totally out of place. Honda should have At least offered a Touch Screen panel in its Top end Variant. & it seems A Touchscreen with Rear Camera is available in the Honda Accessories for a price of 45k which can be added to BRV, which is a little sigh of relief.
8) Though the Seating of E & V-Variant were just Fabric ., Im sure the Leather Seating would add more Luxury to its Black Interiors.
9) The White Pearl Felt like the Best Color for the BRV., which also compliments good with the Chrome around. BRV looks much Sporty & Muscular in Lighter Colors.

& If I'm Buying one.. I've Almost madeup my Mind on 'Metallic White Pearl' VX.
Attached Thumbnails
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-1.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-2.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-3.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-4.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-5.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-6.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-7.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-8.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-9.jpg  

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-10.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 12:55   #359
BHPian

Got a call from my Sales Rep. The OTR Mumbai price for the CVT is Rs 14,35,850/- Helps psychologically, that it doesn't touch 15 Lakhs. Maybe I can add a Car Play compatible Audio system and make my daughter happy, who wants us to buy a Baleno because of the small TV inside.:-)
riteshritesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 13:05   #360
BHPian

It would have looked much less like a Mobilio if it wouldn't have had the kink in the rear window. For that reason and that reason alone, the one in white is looking much more CRV-like (in a good way) than the gray one where the design element is more prominent looking.
antz.bin is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks