Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2016, 17:47   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda @ Auto Expo 2016

Looks like Honda is advancing their India activities after watching how their overall sales are falling month-on-month. Or is this the effect of Maruti Suzuki's onslaught of newer models ?(Vitara Brezza, Baleno, Ciaz Automatic and upcoming Ignis and booster jet engines)
Old 15th April 2016, 19:48   #92
BHPian

re: With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post
PS: Which reminds me, Mods, when are getting a dedicated thread for BR-V, instead of this "With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview, Crash Test demo & CEO interaction" thing?!
@Mods: The search for Honda BRV doesnt throw up this page in the first page of results, neither are updates showing up on the forum - can you please have a look? Thanks.
sprocket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 14:35   #93
BHPian

The BRV to be launched on May 5th, any of our Members invited for the Meida Drive?

Source: 1 http://www.firstpost.com/auto/honda-...6-2731474.html

Source: 2 http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...n-may-5/25288/

Last edited by PetroTurbo : 18th April 2016 at 14:36. Reason: Added 2nd Source
Old 18th April 2016, 16:06   #94
Team-BHP Support

I can foresee this can be a big hit if they price it well. This look's better then Creta, in my opinion, more like a smaller CRV probably and should compete very easily with others like Maruti SX4/ Vitara / Duster. Anyone who is in the market for something in this segment should pre-book to get early deliveries whenever they are able to produce.It will surely have a long delivery period after launch.

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th April 2016 at 16:09.
Old 18th April 2016, 20:29   #95
BHPian

Just returning from the Honda Dealership in Mumbai. Plonked Rs 21000/- towards pre-booking the Honda BRV ( Petrol CVT). As per the dealer, the display Car will be at the dealership on 5th May. They have been trained on a masked car and have no idea ( or asked not to reveal details) till the launch. No details on the variants,price or any other relevant details.
The sales rep. told me that they would be logging the pre-booking details with Honda immediately and depending on my color & variant choice ( post launch), the delivery timelines would be determined. As of today, this particular dealership had around 100 bookings.
Old 18th April 2016, 22:50   #96
BHPian

This is a sure shot hit. 7 comfortable seats. Honda Badge, good fuel efficiency and good looks. Honda have a winner on their hands.
Old 18th April 2016, 23:05   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
This is a sure shot hit. 7 comfortable seats. Honda Badge, good fuel efficiency and good looks. Honda have a winner on their hands.

Isn't that the same thing we said about Mobilio as well? Pricing is the key here, specially since Honda is not planning on discontinuing the Mobilio.

Since Mobilio was widely considered as overpriced, Honda would really need to play a thin line here- priced high enough not to kill Mobilio, not too high enough to be perceived as overpriced again.

Moreover, the competition is extremely competent and established too- Creta with the quality advantage and XUV 5OO with its value for money advantage.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 23:14   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Isn't that the same thing we said about Mobilio as well? Pricing is the key here, specially since Honda is not planning on discontinuing the Mobilio.

Since Mobilio was widely considered as overpriced, Honda would really need to play a thin line here- priced high enough not to kill Mobilio, not too high enough to be perceived as overpriced again.

Moreover, the competition is extremely competent and established too- Creta with the quality advantage and XUV 5OO with its value for money advantage.
This is far better looking and looks more of a SUV at least from front although the side angle may be a bit MPVish. The mobilio was a pure mpv and not many young people would be looking to buy that. I do understand where you are coming from as far as pricing is concerned. With the number of alternatives for the customers it is imperative to get the pricing right.
Old 19th April 2016, 01:08   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Pricing is the key here, specially since Honda is not planning on discontinuing the Mobilio.

Honda would really need to play a thin line here- priced high enough not to kill Mobilio, .
Whoa. As far as I have heard, even on t-bhp I guess, Honda has already decided to stop selling Mobilio as soon as BRV hits showrooms.

Coming to the looks, I was smitten when I saw that face . So beautiful! And then the camera turned to show the side profile, and I was shocked as to the length given to it :( . Why does Honda have to pull everything into the size of a station wagon!!?! I think something compact like the Brezza or Creta size profile would have made an instant winner. High price not withstanding.

The way I see it, no Indian motorists wants to be even caught dead anywhere near a station wagon. The whole nation knows that and hence no car maker offers one here.

This doesn't make sense. They (Honda) pulled of the same stunt with the last CRV and got their fingers burnt already.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 02:00   #100
Team-BHP Support

Honda @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Whoa. As far as I have heard, even on t-bhp I guess, Honda has already decided to stop selling Mobilio as soon as BRV hits showrooms.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...says-no-3.html

Probably referring to this thread, but missed the last few posts? They plan to continue both models for India.

For Indonesia, prices for the BRV start near to the price of the Mobilio RS petrol manual. For India, since we don't have Mobilio RS petrol, deducting one lakh from RS diesel puts the BRV starting range around 10.5L for the petrol and 11.6L for the diesel. Priced between Creta and XUV. Fingers crossed.
Old 19th April 2016, 11:00   #101
BHPian

Quote:
For Indonesia, prices for the BRV start near to the price of the Mobilio RS petrol manual. For India, since we don't have Mobilio RS petrol, deducting one lakh from RS diesel puts the BRV starting range around 10.5L for the petrol and 11.6L for the diesel. Priced between Creta and XUV. Fingers crossed.
They cannot afford to be greedy this time. If they price it higher than the Creta, it is bound to fail. It'll be stuck in a no man's land, with the cheaper and more stylish Creta on one side and the 7 seater XUV500 on the other.

IMO if they price it bang against the Duster ( which is cheaper than the Creta ) the BR-V can do very well. The Mobilio is already dead, so they should either discontinue it, or swallow the bitter pill and give it a price cut along with a facelift and new interiors.
Old 19th April 2016, 11:53   #102
Senior - BHPian

I am sure Honda won't be pricing BR-V alongside Duster. In fact, I see no reason why it should be priced at par with the Duster. The BR-V actually beats or equals the Duster in almost every aspect except off-roading credentials (which most of the prospective customers will care about)
The best case would be similar pricing to Creta.

From point of view of Honda, the BR-V is bigger and has additional row of seats compared to Creta though it might lack in terms of interior quality/aesthetics. If the BR-V is well loaded with features, why would they price it lower than the Creta?

I expect BR-V to do quite well in our SUV crazy market if priced alongside the Creta.
Old 19th April 2016, 12:22   #103
BHPian

My main reasons for selecting the BRV.
1) 7 seater
2) Petrol option (and with the Honda CVT, this is the icing on the cake).
3) Better FE for Petrol.

If you consider my criteria, there is no competition in the market. The Creta, Scross, Ecosport are all 5 seaters and the XUV is Diesel. If you consider the Petrol Innova, the BRV would do better on the FE vis-a-vis Innova and I will end up saving a lot of moolah in the purchase price. People with similar thought & choice processes, would prefer the BRV over the so-called competition.

And regarding the looks, that is purely a subjective thing. Some may like it, some won't.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 15:47   #104
BHPian

Just got this message from Honda Dealer about BRV pre-booking.
Attached Thumbnails
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-screenshot_20160419153129.png  

Old 20th April 2016, 19:02   #105
BHPian

Finally, Pre Booked a Honda BR-V today @ 21000/-

Below is the info i got from the GM of the local Honda Dealership today..
  • Launching on Thursday, 5th May 2016
  • Sales execs have already received internal training this week
  • Four variants each (E, S, V, VX) in Petrol as well as Diesel
  • All variants will come with Dual SRS Airbags as Standard
  • Expected launch prices will be 7.99 Lacs to 13.49 Lacs ex Delhi
  • Prices will be approximately 1L higher than similar Mobilio variant

With two duds in the form of Brio & Mobilio, and a less than spectacular performance from Jazz, Honda is not in a position to take any chances and is fully focused to make this a grand success.

Keeping fingers crossed
vikash49 is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks