Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2019, 21:19   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

re: BS6 / BSVI emission norms coming in April 2020! EDIT: BS6 Phase II coming in April 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
It is important because BS4 vehicle gets validity of 1 year (less headache and cost) for PUC certificates.

Tia,
-BJ
If I am not wrong, after one year from registration, PUC validity is 6 months for all vehicles, be it BS3 or BS4.
Old 14th December 2019, 21:29   #407
BHPian

re: BS6 / BSVI emission norms coming in April 2020! EDIT: BS6 Phase II coming in April 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
If I am not wrong, after one year from registration, PUC validity is 6 months for all vehicles, be it BS3 or BS4.
Nop, it is not the case.

If the PUC center does the BS4 test, the certificate generated is for 1 year.

If BS3 and below test is 6 months.( by default their software is set to BS3, i had to argue and make the person change to BS4)

The catch here is that PUC centers will try to scam and do the BS3 test even for BS4 vehicles and give the 6 month validity, thereby getting double the business since the price for testing/certificate is same in both cases.

You can read my ordeal regarding the same:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4690558 (PUC - Pollution Under Control ?)

Last edited by SideView : 14th December 2019 at 21:33.
SideView is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 21:32   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
No Arun, with integrated online PUC mandatory in Pune, now I know validity is different for Bs4+ . It is one year for bs4 and six months for the rest. I have (private) vehicles from bs2, bs3 and bs4. These are printed certificates generated by PUC centre using a server administered software.

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 20:54   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
No specific restrictions for that at the moment. Resale is allowed as long as there is time left for the registration to expire. After the advent of the scrapping policy, owners will have no option but to scrap their vehicles after the expiry of registration period.
Does all this mean that beyond April 2020, one cannot re-register the BS-IV vehicle?

In other words, the 2005 and beyond model BS IV vehicles cannot be re-registered at all when their RC expires next year?

I just renewed my 15 year old car couple of months back, and is that it - no more renewal (FC) after 5 years?
Old 17th December 2019, 23:03   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
BS6 engines are sluggish. In two wheelers I have tried Activa 6G and in cars - diesel Seltos. Maruti's petrol portfolio is now BS6, and the cars just don't have the same punch. Anyone else feel the same? Or is it the effect of BS4 fuel in BS6 engines?
Quite possible, the k12 engine (maruti) in BS3 had a much better low end then the upgraded bs4 version of the same engine.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th December 2019 at 23:29. Reason: Fixed typo.
Old 18th December 2019, 07:53   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Refiners seek to raise prices on BSVI Upgrade:

Quote:
Refiners will need to recover an additional 80 paise a litre on petrol and Rs 1.45 a litre on diesel for five years for a decent return on their investments
Link
Old 18th December 2019, 08:01   #412
Senior - BHPian

Prices go up but pollution remains the same. Quite frankly, the root of the problem is not addressed. We have seen BS implementation all the way, from BS2 up till BS4, but trucks and buses still spew thick smoke, crop burning continues and the only thing affected is my wallet. Till we go fully electric or hybrid, seeing a clear sky is an impossibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Refiners seek to raise prices on BSVI Upgrade
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 08:39   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
the root of the problem is not addressed. We have seen BS implementation all the way, from BS2 up till BS4, but trucks and buses still spew thick smoke
I was at the Emission test center the other day. First in the queue was a 2013 Tempo Traveler: blue smoke, clearly indicating piston rings are gone.

Now that these engines are 'just about adequate' performing, when they lose compression, the only way they do some work is by dumping diesel by flooring the accelerator.

Next was a 407 mini truck. The cabin, body and everything else was shaking with the idling of the engine. A paint work that resembled kids shading for the first time. Though engine sounded good.

These are the kind of vehicles that are on the road, still plying and ruining our air, consuming more diesel than their modern counterpart, breaking down and holding traffic et al.

When a huge cry is raised over air quality, rape or anything, the solution from the government is to make laws. And then the protester claim victory, nothing changes on our roads.

It's time we demand implementation of laws and bring accountability.

Otherwise it makes no sense: 10 unfit vehicles on our roads nullify 1000 new clean emission vehicles.
ramzsys is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 18:28   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Another confusion in the making....

FADA appeals Supreme Court to allow selling of BS-IV vehicles after 31st March

Quote:
The apex court previously directed that no BS-IV emission norms complying motor vehicle shall be sold or registered in the entire country with effect from 1st April 2020.
Quote:
With the Current timeline of all India BS-VI fuel availability of 1st April 2020, most manufacturers will shift to 100 per cent BS-VI vehicle production only by end February 2020 or first week of March 2020
Quote:
Looking at this timeline of BS-VI production and the current fluctuating demand situation, despite putting in the best of efforts, there is a possibility that many of our members are not able to ensure 100 per cent liquidation of BS-IV inventory purchased by them in the course of business before the deadline of 1st April’20 fixed by the honourable Supreme Court
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th December 2019 at 18:30.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 20:10   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Another confusion in the making....

FADA appeals Supreme Court to allow selling of BS-IV vehicles after 31st March

Link
I hope the court does not allow this. It will set a wrong precedent. A long enough notice has already been given by the court. If they still could not manage their production, it is their headache. If a leeway is given, these clowns will keep producing BS 4 models till 31st March 2020. Not done.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 23rd December 2019 at 22:01. Reason: Rectified typos, thanks.
longhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 20:22   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
By this hour we are aware that many popular or rather decent cars (mostly diesels) will be out of the production line in the BS-VI era.

Let us try to compile a list of those and discuss would you buy any of them!

8. Hyundai-Kia
- Their entire line up will be BS-VI ready
- Eon already discontinued
- Santro 1.1L not confirmed for BS-VI
- Grand i10 might face the axe
- Nios & Aura will take it forward
- Not sure about the 1.4 Gamma diesel mill of the i20/Active & Creta

surjaonwheelz
'Aura will be only 1.2-liter BS-VI diesel car in compact sedan segment': S S Kim, CEO and MD, Hyundai Motor India Ltd

Source
Old 24th December 2019, 10:03   #417
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
If they still could not manage their production, it is their headache. If a leeway is given, these clowns will keep producing BS 4 models till 31st March 2020. Not done.
No chance that the court or government will give any extension. Two-wheeler manufacturers who were over-optimistic at the time of BS3 -> BS4 in 2017 were in for a rude shock. Many liquidated inventory at 50% or higher discounts.

The pro-active car manufacturers have already started moving over production to BS6 for some models.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 10:05   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I hope the court does not allow this. It will set a wrong precedent. A long enough notice has already been given by the court. If they still could not manage their production, it is their headache. If a leeway is given, these clowns will keep producing BS 4 models till 31st March 2020. Not done.
The other way of looking at this is, at no point of time it is possible to operate with Zero inventory for a running entity like automobile dealer. While we can argue that enough time was given to OEMs, and everything should have already moved to BSVI by now, it is still complex compared to moving from BS III to BS IV. If the OEMs are still not able to completely move to BS VI then its not fair to expect that dealers would be able to liquidate everything (even at substantial loss) by April 2020.

In my opinion the registration of vehicles produced (BS IV) before 1st January 2020 should have been allowed for a window of say 6 more months (may be Sep '20)
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 14:38   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
By this hour we are aware that many popular or rather decent cars (mostly diesels) will be out of the production line in the BS-VI era.

Let us try to compile a list of those and discuss would you buy any of them!

2. Renault-Nissan
- 1.5 K9 diesel powered cars will be discontinued: Duster/AWD, Captur, Lodgy, Kicks
- Renault happy selling Kwid & Triber, what would Nissan do? Redi-(to)go
This seems confirmed now! Link (Renault to phase out diesel engines; Lodgy discontinued)

Best time to buy a Duster diesel? OR Pre-owned is the way forward for the oil burner?
Old 1st January 2020, 19:09   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Cars India wraps up BS-IV dispatches in December.

Quote:
In line with the plan, our BS-IV dispatches are finished now so that our dealers can smoothly transition into BS-VI regime in the coming months

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks