Team-BHP - Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A-Class launched at Rs. 24.95 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A-Class launched at Rs. 24.95 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/171175-facelifted-mercedes-benz-class-launched-rs-24-95-lakh.html)

Mercedes-Benz revealed the facelifted A-Class earlier this year and around 5 months after its unveiling, the car has been launched in India. Prices start at Rs. 24.95 lakh for the petrol A 180 Sport and Rs. 25.95 lakh for the diesel A 200 d Sport (both prices ex-showroom Mumbai).

The A-Class petrol is powered by a 1.6L, 4-cylinder engine that makes 121 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 200 Nm of torque @ 1,250 - 4,000 rpm. The A-Class diesel is powered by a 2.2L, 4-cylinder engine that makes 134 BHP @ 3,200 - 4,000 rpm and 300 Nm of torque @ 1,400 - 3,000 rpm. The engines come paired with a 7G-DCT dual-clutch automatic transmission with the "economy", "sport" and "manual" transmission modes.

The car features subtle changes and gets revised headlamps with optional LED lights, revised tail lights, new alloy wheel designs and tweaked bumpers with the tail pipes integrated into the rear bumper. In the cabin, the car features a new 3-spoke, nappa leather draped steering wheel with 12 integrated buttons, leather draped shift lever, a multifunction colour display integrated into the instrument cluster, and an updated infotainment system which also supports Mercedes-Benz apps. Mercedes-Benz Apps provides internet connectivity through apps like Tunein Radio, Weather, Mercedes-Benz Radio, RSS Newsfeeds, HRS Hotel search, News and Morningstar finance.

As before, the car comes loaded with safety tech and gets features like 6 airbags, ABS, brake assist, ASR, ESP, attention assist and hill start assist. The new A-Class will be available in an a new ‘Elbaite Green’ colour in addition to options like Cirrus White, Jupiter Red, Cosmos Black and Polar Silver.

Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A-Class launched at Rs. 24.95 lakh-1.jpg

Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A-Class launched at Rs. 24.95 lakh-2.jpg

IMO it looks stunning in this colour. Maybe being an OG guy can relate to it.

One question though. Is this launch model having black OVRMs to complement the black roof ? The brochure which i had downloaded has body colored OVRMs even with the black roof models, or is my laptop playing a trick.

Pricing seems to be aggressive and standard feature list elaborate.
I think the passenger side mirror should also have had auto dimming.

In the meantime, I'd like to divert your attention to the updated specification page of A class on Merc India.

http://www.mercedes-benz.co.in/conte...ta/Models.html

It was incorrect 2.5 hours ago and it's still that way. I though they might just fix the errors in a couple hours.

Can you spot the mistake?

P.S.: Looks like a page straight out of Champak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaheshY1 (Post 3865471)

Haha, They uploaded Diesel spec information under petrol variant and vice versa.

Anyway, The pricing seems good. Is it still a CBU or a CKD now?

Pricing indicates that it might soon become a CKD. Stunning car and good features, just not too practical.

Quote:

In the meantime, I'd like to divert your attention to the updated specification page of A class on Merc India.

http://www.mercedes-benz.co.in/conte...ta/Models.html

It was incorrect 2.5 hours ago and it's still that way. I though they might just fix the errors in a couple hours.

They swapped the specifications of two engines on offer. This one takes the cake: A 200CDI Sport with petrol as specified fuel :uncontrol

Quote:

Good catch!
I just emailed them about that mistake, not sure if they'll fix it soon :)

Looks like guys at Mercedes India didn't get the memo about the new naming conventions. The A class diesel is called A 200 d, not A 200 CDI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean (Post 3865488)
Anyway, The pricing seems good. Is it still a CBU or a CKD now?

Pricing indicates that it might soon become a CKD. Stunning car and good features, just not too practical.

Pricing suggests CKD. Mercedes have a tendency of pricing their products little higher than comparable CBUs from Volvo. V40 diesel is still a bit cheaper than the A 200 d.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaheshY1 (Post 3865894)
Looks like guys at Mercedes India didn't get the memo about the new naming conventions. The A class diesel is called A 200 d, not A 200 CDI.

Pricing suggests CKD. Mercedes have a tendency of pricing their products little higher than comparable CBUs from Volvo. V40 diesel is still a bit cheaper than the A 200 d.

Yea, But the V40 R design is more expensive than the A class. The base V40 is not at all loaded and would be unfair to compare with the A200d SPORT.

Seen a Mercedes A-180 parked outside our office in Gurugram. Enjoy!
Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A-Class launched at Rs. 24.95 lakh-merc-180.jpg
Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A-Class launched at Rs. 24.95 lakh-merc-a180-1.jpg
Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A-Class launched at Rs. 24.95 lakh-merc-a180-2.jpg
Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A-Class launched at Rs. 24.95 lakh-merc-a180-3.jpg
Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A-Class launched at Rs. 24.95 lakh-merc-a180-4.jpg
Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A-Class launched at Rs. 24.95 lakh-merc-a180-5.jpg
Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A-Class launched at Rs. 24.95 lakh-merc-180-6.jpg

Have the wheels been downsized on this A Class?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aparth (Post 4028192)
Have the wheels been downsized on this A Class?

Nope, the A Class' Stock Alloys were recently downsized from 17" to 16" when they launched the 2016 Facelift and introduced the above Elbaite Green Colour.