Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2015, 12:01   #46
BHPian

Re: November 2015 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

As was expected Maruti Suzuki tops, but can you believe the Omni does 6000+ nos., some companies are struggling to achieve even total nos of near to this quantity every month. The Baleno was expected and has done well, however personally I feel the product is not a long runner like the Swift and will age soon.

The guys at FIAT India and GM India should be like , just stop selling all old products and come with new designs, new cars and new strategies. No point in wasting so much money.

At present Hyundai probably has been the only company to come out with so many new products with latest designs that's why each of their cars has been able to create an identity of it's own whether it has been the Grand i10, Elite i20 or Creta all are unique that is the reason they appeal to buyers. Hopefully due to the market pressure Maruti Suzuki will follow and bring good designs.

It's time now that Toyota comes out with the sedan in competition with City and also a premium hatchback, customers will buy simply because of the T badge.

The volumes will further go down in December as Ford, Renault & Hyundai have been affected by the floods in Chennai and to add to that being the year end people will prefer to purchase their cars in the new year.

Wishing all a very Happy New Year well in advance......drive safe.....have fun......

Last edited by GTO : 10th December 2015 at 19:00. Reason: Removing extra smiley
Sayeed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 13:40   #47

Hi
Excellent and detailed report. Could we by any means, have the numbers for TUV 300 AMT vs Manual transmission.
Old 10th December 2015, 19:01   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Whatever data we receive, we publish.

If the report doesn't have the MT:AT split, it's because the manufacturer hasn't shared the same.

Thanks
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 09:43   #49
BHPian

I think OEMs like GM and Fiat should just stop reporting numbers! Makes no difference in the market. J.K.!

On a serious note, the Baleno is killing it in the market already. Over 9000 units shipped, over 40,000 bookings and already a 4 month waiting period in some cities?! The Maruti Suzuko brand value has shown its dominance yet again!

It comes to show how a portion of Indian customers are stepping up to the segment and plonking more money for more car! A premium hatchback + the A.S.S of Maruti Suzuki is very tough competition to beat.

On the other side of the scale, the Kwid is also raking in the numbers. I won't be surprised if the biggest proportion of its customers are first time car buyers stepping up from motorcycles. Seems like Renault finally got a formula right, after the Duster.

I wonder if the recent announcement by Hyundai about increasing car prices by Rs.30,000 will cause a surge in its sales for December?
Old 11th December 2015, 16:21   #50
BHPian

Awesome statistics as usual.

I wonder as a result of Delhi odd/even rule, the likes of Alto's and Eon's and Kwid's will be more in demand in that region in the next year.
kautilya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 01:38   #51
BHPian

I surely bought a Nano AMT for my wife, with an odd number (my Punto has an even number). I bought in August and insisted on an odd number, though it wasn't guaranteed, as registration is supposedly automated now. But finally did get an odd registration number.
Old 13th December 2015, 19:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

The Baleno has made its presence felt. It has cannibalised the sales of the Swift and the Dzire which see a massive fall in the numbers over the last month.

Creta could also have been effected by the rains in Chennai. Ditto for Renault and some of the other manufacturers. With Diwali holidays falling in November, factory despatches would have been effected. The situation will get clearer in January as December sales are likely to be effected by year-end syndrome, ( some manufacturers may go in for their annual re-fit closures) Chennai rains, as well as the NGT order on stopping registration of Diesel vehicles in Delhi.
Old 13th December 2015, 19:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
I surely bought a Nano AMT for my wife, with an odd number (my Punto has an even number). I bought in August and insisted on an odd number, though it wasn't guaranteed, as registration is supposedly automated now. But finally did get an odd registration number.

I missed out on that. As my SX4 has odd number, I had asked for an even no but the Sales Executive goofed up. My Storme also has an Odd Number. These are small things where brands like Maruti and Toyota score over the likes of Tata Motors.
Old 14th December 2015, 15:23   #54
BHPian

Polo and Vento being among the top losers shows that Volkswagen is facing the effects of its dieselgate scandal in India as well now.

Innova being among the losers is a surprise, maybe people are waiting for Toyota to launch the refurbished version of Innova before putting in their money.

Swift among the top losers and Baleno among the top gainers defintiely has a link. Perhaps, people have started considering Baleno as an alternative to Swift.
Not sure if Maruti actually intended to create competition between its own products.
greatgyan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 16:54   #55
BHPian

The star of the show is the C2 segment. All the drama is happening there. Has the ingredients of a blockbuster. Now come 2016 just let the BRV in and watch the fun. More like set the cat among the pigeons.

Epic stuff!
Old 14th December 2015, 17:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazimk24 View Post
Think there's a problem with the Baleno numbers. A lot of media reports say Baleno overtook i20 in sales last month.
Yes. Probably that was the dispatch figures before a reconciliation.

However, if you discount the fact that Baleno is retailed only though Nexa showrooms and still managed to be breathing down the i20s neck, imagine the nos. had it retailed through the regular Maruti showrooms.

My realistic guesstimate would be close to 15K per month and nothing less!!
Old 14th December 2015, 18:11   #57
BANNED

Maruti selling nearly 1L cars through nearly 1600 regular showrooms, at an average of 63 vehicles per month per showroom, while 12K cars through nearly 60 NEXA showrooms, at an average of 200 cars per month per showroom! Now think of the profitability of NEXA.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 21:16   #58
BHPian

I think history has been created here - RITZ MAY HAVE OUT SOLD SWIFT FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!

As expected, Baleno has had its effect on the Swift sales more than on any other car or brand.

Haven't see a single Trailblazer on the road. Eagerly waiting for the monster's 'darshan' . 144 sold so far.

Cheers
Old 15th December 2015, 09:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
I think history has been created here - RITZ MAY HAVE OUT SOLD SWIFT FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!

Cheers
Apologies. I meant to say WagonR has out sold the Swift.
Old 15th December 2015, 10:38   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
Apologies. I meant to say WagonR has out sold the Swift.
Not really buddy, Wagon-R consistently used to sell more than Swift till 2010, after which Swift started selling more than 10K.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks