Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2015?
Renault Kwid 692 29.28%
Datsun GO+ 3 0.13%
Ford Figo 140 5.92%
Tata Bolt 45 1.90%
Ford Aspire 153 6.47%
Maruti Baleno 330 13.97%
Honda Jazz 101 4.27%
Mahindra TUV300 109 4.61%
Renault Lodgy 7 0.30%
Maruti S-Cross 122 5.16%
Hyundai Creta 557 23.57%
Chevrolet Trailblazer 6 0.25%
Mercedes CLA-Class 50 2.12%
DC Avanti 10 0.42%
Land Rover Discovery Sport 38 1.61%
Voters: 2363. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2015, 15:45   #16
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2015. EDIT: It's the Renault Kwid!

Voted for the Hyundai Creta.
Maybe smug with it since I got my Nanook. But i sincerely feel that it has taken the segment quality a notch upwards.
Old 10th December 2015, 15:52   #17
BHPian

This year it will be tough. We had pretty decent entries from all levels. I would say
Kwid at the entry level
Figo in hatchbacks
Jazz/Baleno in premium hatchbacks
Creta/TUV300 in SUVs ; and since we only have one winner irrespective of the category - no guesses to make.

Lets wait and watch.
Old 10th December 2015, 15:55   #18
BHPian

For me the Car of the Year means a car that has completely turned the segment on its head.For me there were 3 winners i.e. Kwid,Baleno and Creta.

Baleno: Though a best seller, Elite I20 still trumps this car.
Creta : Though this car has got record bookings, i do not see this car significantly ahead of its rivals.
Kwid : But for the constraints in production and coverage, this car would have got record breaking bookings. It has done wonders in this segment and its a winner for me.
dpkbehera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 15:55   #19
BHPian

I voted for the Renault Kwid.

When voting for the car of the year, my view point was very simple; I simply had to vote for the car that caused an upheaval in the segment; a car which shocked the market and a car which unsettled the main segment leaders.

The Renault Kwid was the obvious choice for me (for the Sub 10 Lakhs, car for the masses).
nivatakavacha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 16:00   #20
BHPian

It was a tough call between the Ford Figo and the Hyundai Creta for me.

Ended up voting for the Ford Figo. The reasons? Excellent diesel engine which makes it the fastest hatchback this side of 20 lakhs (Yes, faster than the Polo GT twins ), commendable combination of 1.5-litre petrol motor with DCT and excellent safety features (6 airbags, ESP in DCT). The handling though not as good as the older Ford cars is good enough to give other cars in the segment a run for their money. The pricing is spot on too. The only downers are the slightly lazy petrol motor and the puny wheels. The latter can be sorted out easily in the market if one wishes.
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 16:04   #21
BHPian

I find none of the car worth the tag 'CAR OF THE YEAR'. either they are lacking in safety or are priced prohibetively on the higher side. other fail on the crucial feel good factor. How about having 'NONE OF THE ABOVE' in the voting list??Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 14th December 2015 at 17:32.
Dr.Abhi is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th December 2015, 16:08   #22
Team-BHP Support

Very sad choices this year unfortunately, IMO.

With not much conviction that this car deserves to be called as a 'Car of the year', but due to lack of competent choices- my vote goes to the Renault Kwid for their honest attempt to completely redefine the segment. But I'm not convinced of this decision because I'm afraid the Indian dreams built on this otherwise competent car will come crashing down once the crash tests are implemented.

A close second would be the Hyundai Creta, which is a very good package if not for the pricing. I would rather buy the XUV 500 or Storme for that price. Third - Merc CLA for being the sexiest of them all. Two brilliant diesels were also launched this year- the S Cross 1.6 and the Figo diesel- but both cars were a let down otherwise.

All other cars in the list have been rather 'me too' in my opinion. I would have whole heartedly voted for the Punto Abarth for introducing the much needed hot hatch segment in India- but I understand it's neither new (and so doesn't qualify for the poll), nor will sell.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th December 2015 at 16:19.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 16:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Its a tough choice this year with the Renault Kwid and Hyundai Creta running very close. I have voted for the Creta just because it is a better all-rounder in its segment compared to the Kwid whose engine doesn't cut it for me.
Old 10th December 2015, 16:11   #24
BHPian

can i please request a "none of the above"? this is more for a message to SIAM & OEMs that they need to work harder (if they read our polls). Sincerely dont feel any machine caused a stir like the years of launch of Duster or XUV500.
Old 10th December 2015, 16:23   #25

Voted for KWID.
Reason: not many cars could say they are affordable yet safe and has good features.
skyliner34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 16:29   #26
Team-BHP Support

This year I think it's going to be a 3 way battle between the Kwid, Baleno and Creta. All 3 are well deserved in their respective segments.

I'm going to think over this for a while before I cast my vote. All 3 were game changers and have turned out to be successful.
Old 10th December 2015, 16:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Really very tough to vote from the list and it made me think twice every time before I thought about a car to vote for.

At the end, decided on Mahindra TUV3OO for the below reasons,

1. Neat SUV looks with no unwanted lines running around.
2. Perfect SUV stance, especially at a lesser price bracket which makes it affordable.
3. AMT option.
4. Safety features across the range.
Old 10th December 2015, 16:33   #28
BHPian

Voted for S-Cross.
Even though it is a little overpriced, but the performance feel of the 1.6 diesel is leagues ahead of others in the list.
For an enthusiast, this 1.6 offers the best performance with practicality. It is a hatch on steroids. Looks are subjective.
Ford Figo was a close competition but I like S-Cross more.
Had there been an option to pick one in every category, then I'd have picked Kwid in entry level, Bolt/Baleno in premium hatches, Scross in cross overs.
Old 10th December 2015, 16:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

My top 3:
The number of votes so far shows that we all love those 3 letters "SUV".

I was confused between Kwid and Baleno. Kwid is out of the box budget hatchback while Baleno is a contender from Maruti all set to dethrone i20. Baleno is a contemporary, practical premium hatchback. It doesnot significantly outdo the competition but has an edge over competition.
The Kwid on the other hand is radical, SUV'ish stance, gizmos and size at the price of alto 800 is something remarkable stuff from Renault. Kwid might not set the sales chart of fire but when everyone is busy concentrating on premium hatchback,mini SUV or a sedan, Renault has shown the courage to battle against the top selling car and to be frank the car as such beats the competition by large margin. To me Kwid is the car of the year!]

Creta is a fantastic product, no doubt, but comes with major drawback-Price. At 17.5 lac OTR Bangalore SX(O) with AT would have made more sense but not the current SX(O). This is the only factor for me not voting on Creta.
Old 10th December 2015, 16:36   #30
BHPian

Was stuck for a while between Kwid & Creta. . Kwid is everything a new small hatch should be. Voted for Creta because it managed to set this segment on fire and made the sales of other cars in the segment go down. Despite the price it is doing really well. Lets see what the future holds for this car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks