Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2015?
Renault Kwid 692 29.28%
Datsun GO+ 3 0.13%
Ford Figo 140 5.92%
Tata Bolt 45 1.90%
Ford Aspire 153 6.47%
Maruti Baleno 330 13.97%
Honda Jazz 101 4.27%
Mahindra TUV300 109 4.61%
Renault Lodgy 7 0.30%
Maruti S-Cross 122 5.16%
Hyundai Creta 557 23.57%
Chevrolet Trailblazer 6 0.25%
Mercedes CLA-Class 50 2.12%
DC Avanti 10 0.42%
Land Rover Discovery Sport 38 1.61%
Voters: 2363. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2015, 19:22   #76
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2015. EDIT: It's the Renault Kwid!

329 have voted. And i must really appreciate the voting patterns of Team Bhp members. If anybody looks at the Top 5 ranking, most of us would agree that it would exactly/nearly match the actual/popular ranking. At least i am not disappointed as it nearly matches what i felt.
Old 10th December 2015, 19:22   #77
BHPian

My vote goes for the Kwid. I love it when the underdog gives the top favorites (Maruti/Hyundai) a run for their money. Plus impressed with the value for money that Kwid brings to the table and is a good contender for my second car.
Old 10th December 2015, 19:29   #78
BANNED

It had to be either the Kwid or Creta for me. Unfortunately Creta doesn't excite me as much as the Kwid does. To take the fight to Maruti in their own turf is itself a big risk and to come out of that battle respectfully is a different ball game. I'm sure the Kwid may fare poorly in crash tests, but then the story won't be very different for others in the segment and one higher. To design an entry level car that looks like one from a few segments above ain't an easy task and to price it so brilliantly needs some appreciation. My vote goes for the KWID, which is a kid though, has all that it needs to single handedly propel Renault India into adulthood.
Old 10th December 2015, 19:38   #79
BHPian

Man! We have so many 'new' launches this year. For me, it was classical battle between Heart and Brain. My heart says Creta and brain says Kwid. Both are extremely competent products in their own segments and both Hyundai and Renault have done phenomenal job with these two cars.

Voted for Creta, for taking the quality and finesse to a whole new level in the segment.

Did anyone notice the photos of Kwid and Jazz - they are parked exactly on the same spot? Coincidence perhaps
Old 10th December 2015, 19:47   #80
BHPian

Voted for Kwid. Simple reasons being it offers much more than what other carmakers have offered for the first-time car buyer until now. Moreover, there is no premium over the existing market leader either. Good cabin and boot space, great ground clearance, and it's quite stylish too. It doesn't make a new car-buyer feel s/he's compromising.
Old 10th December 2015, 19:49   #81
BHPian

Voted for Creta but just cannot understand the "Car marketing technique of the Year - i.e., dropping the Automatics to a version lower" . Every manufacture is doing that now - Maruthi , Hyundai, Honda ....just cannot understand the logic , why don't they leave that option to consumers to choose. This logic needs to be eradicated before it spreads to other brands.
Old 10th December 2015, 19:54   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post

Did anyone notice the photos of Kwid and Jazz - they are parked exactly on the same spot? Coincidence perhaps
How do you know that? Did you count the coconut trees? Or looked at the color of the water?

But yes, Goa has a few standard places where most of the cars are shot. So it may not be coincidence at all. For all that you know even the upcoming Kite (Zica) review may also have a photo that looks similar!

P.S.: Boy, oh boy! Its amazing how the little Kwid is surging ahead... It has definitely won many a hearts. And that's a very positive sign.

Last edited by Zappo : 10th December 2015 at 19:56.
Old 10th December 2015, 19:58   #83
Senior - BHPian

Close contest for me between the Kwid and the Creta. Thought a lot and finally voted the Creta.
Kwid is a bold attempt by Renault to take on the mighty Maruti. Supermodel looks for an entry segment hatch, decent engine and space. Loses out on the interiors.
Creta won for its brilliant packaging. Great to drive in city and also useful on the highway, super refined engine and gear box, more than decent interiors, auto box and has a lot of variants at different price points.
Old 10th December 2015, 19:58   #84
BHPian

Voted for the Kwid, since it has been able to provide its intended buyers a feeling that they are not compromising when looking for the sort of car (in its segment) that the Kwid is.

Also because it has managed to given established players something to think and worry about and competition is what has always given the end users (customers) the best value for their money.
Old 10th December 2015, 20:03   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
How do you know that? Did you count the coconut trees? Or looked at the color of the water?
I actually counted the coconut trees

Actually it is not difficult to identify the place is same if we look at both photos side-by-side.
Old 10th December 2015, 20:04   #86
BHPian

Voted for the Creta.

Regardless of concerns of missing luxuries, claustrophobic rear seats and not-so-great ride handling, the Creta just set the charts on fire. Just the exterior looks is enough for people to flock to it. And the beauty of it is that they are selling the Creta at such a premium and yet, there's no competitor to match them. I'd almost go as far to say that Creta is the Innova of the compact SUV market.

It will be interesting to see how the Creta fares once the Brezza and other SUVs hit the market. But for now, it's left the EcoSport and the Renault twins in the dust.
Old 10th December 2015, 20:13   #87
Senior - BHPian

For me, a successful car is the one who trumps the competition especially when the competition is cut throat. The Creta and the Kwid made it to the final two contenders.

Creta : Created a new benchmark in the segment when the existing offerings in the segment were too dated or lacked the premium build quality backed by reliability. She was an instantaneous success. S-Cross cant come close to this car as it has been already discussed in many posts.

Kwid: Again a new benchmark in a segment which is completely dominated by Marutis, not that this car will ever exceed Maruti in terms of sales, but it gave us Indians a fresh perspective to look at budget cars. Yes, they can be absolutely good looking and spacious. Initial bookings show people having a lot of faith in Renault.

But, Hyundai is an established brand in India, people will blindly buy the car if it is good. Same is not the case with Renault, they had to do something so different that people would get up and notice. In my opinion the Kwid is the 'Toruk Makto' (reference: Avatar movie ) and hence my vote goes to the Kwid !

Last edited by NiInJa : 10th December 2015 at 20:14.
Old 10th December 2015, 20:17   #88
MHG
BHPian

I voted for the Kwid because Renault truly innovated (for someone who hardly has presence in India or exposure to Indian culture) to bring a product which had "MADE FOR THE MASSES IN INDIA" written all over it.

While certainly not revolutionary like the vehicles I am quoting (rather, the Kwid is evolutionary), I'd put it amongst the Maruti 800, the humble autorickshaw, the Hero Honda CD100, the Bajaj Chetak (and other Piaggio and Lambretta clones/variants), the "doodhwallah style" cast iron roadster bicycle, the Tata Nano (the only flop in this list), the sleeper class railway coach and the mumbai local trains when it comes to vehicles that truly captured the hearts and minds of the masses simultaneously while being value for money.

I wish I could vote Ford Figo (or Aspire but Figo is more VFM) because Figo is the car India deserves (with 6 airbags - only wish TC and ESP were also there - but this is more than what other cars offer and we could seriously use the safety) but the Kwid is what India needs right now (excuse the poor Batman quote rip-off).
Old 10th December 2015, 20:44   #89
BHPian

I've voted for the Creta

A car has to dethrone the current leader to be the best and the Creta has managed to do just that, dusted the Duster off the sales chart.

Offered in 4 different engine and transmission options, 6 variants giving the customers a lot of choice and there is no other AT SUV with such features south of 20 lacs

It commands additional premium, but the Creta has no other proper alternative and hence HMIL cashed on it, IMO it is worth every penny.

Renault kwid is the second best contender for the award, this new kid has managed to stand out, but then brand Alto and MSIL are simply too strong for Kwid and Renault to compete. Nevertheless a brave competitor to the Alto and Eon

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 10th December 2015 at 20:50.
Old 10th December 2015, 20:46   #90
BHPian

Voted for the Kwid, simply because..

1. Game changer in its category
2. Design needs an applause
3. Kudos to Renault for showing some grit and competing in a segment where MSIL rules, where even global giants wouldn't dare.

But, why isn't Abarth Evo not in the list? I know its an old car, but new branding, engine and image should have at least helped it qualify into the list.
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks