Team-BHP - Scorpio to be priced at 10 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scorpio to be priced at 10 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/17124-scorpio-priced-10-lakhs.html)

According to the article on economictimes.com

1>.A new scorpio is to be launched which would be priced around 10 lakhs.[Maybe now we can expect a trueblood suv]

2>. The MPV Ingenio will replace the Bolero and would be priced at 5 lakhs.[I think they are talking of an innova type mpv]

3>. Logan to be launched in early 2007 ,petrol for 4.75 laks and diesel for 5 lakhs.

For more information please visit :
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1992845.cms

did you mean the 140bhp Scorp!:Cheering:

If this info is accurate on the pricing front then:

1. Bye Bye endeavour
2. Bye Bye innova
3. Bye Bye Indigo

Interesting times ahead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRC
did you mean the 140bhp Scorp!:Cheering:

Nothing from the article says so,but I think logically we can expect a more powerful engine than the present one.How powerful I have no idea.

Also there would be a lot of changes required in the scorpio for upmarket customers to buy one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami

1. Bye Bye endeavour
2. Bye Bye innova
3. Bye Bye Indigo

Interesting times ahead.

Just the pricing front? Come on......the Scorpio is cheaper at the moment, it hasn't manged to kill the Endeavour....or the Dicor...or anything else for that matter.

So how would a 10 lac pricing kill the Endeavour? It needs the following URGENTLY to even take on the Dicor -

1) More SPACE
2) Better ride & handling
3) 4X4 option on the top end model
4) ABS, EBD & Airbags on the top end model
5) Power mirrors

Only if all that comes along with the 10 lac pricing can we start talking about killing anything

No way they can price the existing platform at 10 lakhs. IMHO, if they are looking at that price range, they will be using a whole new platform. They may not even use the name Scorpio, since that would conjure images of a 7 lakh crazy ball.

With Lotus Engg doing some work on the suspension in this new Scorpio, we can hope that the handling improves substantially. So far this is an issue for any indian car like Scorp, Safari (actually all tata models, in this case!). Man, I give more priority to handling/cornering ablilities of a car than its FE! I can still remember the 360 degree turn I took with my nissan sunny in a roundabout at around 80+kmph speed...of course the road was a bit wet! People say, Sumo's unbeatable record in accidents is due to its breaking and handling (non!) ability...

Before Scorpio can dream on taking Innova or Endeavour, M&M folks need to understand the concept of fit and finish. The refinement level of Scorpio is a few notches below that of Innova.

They cant kill Endeavour. You may not believe this but all my friends say that there i sonly one SUV that really looks like an SUV and that is Endeavour

Bye bye Innova... Nah man its a toyota products reliable and good enough and after all its MUV.

Bye Bye indigo. Its tata man.. Tata = diesel cars = economy

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami

1. Bye Bye endeavour
2. Bye Bye innova
3. Bye Bye Indigo

Interesting times ahead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgmuser
With Lotus Engg doing some work on the suspension in this new Scorpio, we can hope that the handling improves substantially. So far this is an issue for any indian car like Scorp, Safari (actually all tata models, in this case!). Man, I give more priority to handling/cornering ablilities of a car than its FE! I can still remember the 360 degree turn I took with my nissan sunny in a roundabout at around 80+kmph speed...of course the road was a bit wet! People say, Sumo's unbeatable record in accidents is due to its breaking and handling (non!) ability...

:OT Dude, where is Seria Brunei? Man! Team-Bhp is going places!

Its laughable to think that the Innova will even be slightly affected by this. The current platform of the Scorpio has severe restrictions - middle seat space is just one of them.

They will surely try to justify the price with bells / whistles and a more powerful engine. Was there any new engine in the pipeline?

Yes there is a new 2.2L CRDi 140BHP motor which will use the hood scoop. Along with that ABS, EDB & Air Bags are expected as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
Yes there is a new 2.2L CRDi 140BHP motor which will use the hood scoop. Along with that ABS, EDB & Air Bags are expected as well.

the avl one which would be using teh front bonnet air scoops!

Scorpio FOR 10 lakh, you must be kidding. i won't buy that even if it get ABS, EBD,TCS and bla bla. It's not worth that. I would rather prefer Innova V over that or may be 2.2L Safari. Scorpio just don't have, what it takes to be a 10 lakh car. its not a SUV its a car even Mahindra say's that so i'll prefer Elantra or Octavia if i was to go for a sedan. Scorpio does not command respect what Safari and Innova do and even at 10 Lakh it won't.

Current scorp with any number of changes at 10 lakhs wont sell. They HAVE to release a new platform because the Scorpio name is equated to economy price tags.