Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2006, 18:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Audi Q7 launched - 61 Lakhs

Read about it here
Old 15th September 2006, 19:58   #2
BHPian

CBU or Assembly -- Chicken or Egg????

Audi Q7 is a wonderful SUV. There are reports that the demand for this from the well heeled is quite strong.

Audi says, like several other manufacturers, that they would consider assembly operations when volumes go up. However, volumes are going to be low (even relatively for luxury cars) as long as they use the CBU route.

A chicken or egg story????

My thought is that the manufacturers have to take the risk and put in the investment if they really believe in the Indian market. Lets hope more manufacturers would do that.
Old 16th September 2006, 11:29   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yup, I read teh same in Autocar. They already have something like 50+ orders for the Q7.

Does Audi really have that much brand value in India? Ravi Shastri effect?
Old 16th September 2006, 11:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Q7 was a failure in this market - released with a lot of fanfare a few months back and hardly ANY seen on the roads. WIdely acknowledged by mags here as 'just not there yet'.
Old 17th September 2006, 00:10   #5
BHPian

Q7's dimensions look disproportionate from certain angles and is too bulky.
Old 17th September 2006, 09:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

I saw em showing a demo by driving the Q7 over some cement block, and boy were they doing it very carefully or what. I always got the feeling that they were so careful that it seemed that they would break an axle of the Q7 at any moment.

As CK mentioned it looks disproportionate from certain angles.
Old 17th September 2006, 11:46   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
Q7's dimensions look disproportionate from certain angles and is too bulky.
True...The shape does does not look proportional from MOST angles...but i hear its got a stonker of an engine and handling to match its heart...
Old 18th September 2006, 06:45   #8
BHPian

It is probably a better made SUV than BMW X5. It definitely looks very clean & streamlined, especially in clearer hues like silver. It is a winner in western markets, though it entered a bit late. I think by timing its entry now Audi, has been to clearly differentiate it from its country cousin VW Toureg.
But @61 lakhs it does dig a visible hole in enthusiast's pockets
Old 20th September 2006, 21:21   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Yup, I read teh same in Autocar. They already have something like 50+ orders for the Q7.

Does Audi really have that much brand value in India? Ravi Shastri effect?
Really doubt those numbers in Autocar....Don't think Audi has that much brand recall in India

Did a comparison in Google trends the other day between merc, bmw & audi...wasn't a surprise that audi didn't come even close to the other two...what was even more surprising was that the bimmer actually beat the merc as the most searched item in quite a few states specially in South India
Old 21st September 2006, 10:55   #10
BHPian

Guys i saw a Silver Audi Q7 in Noida 2days back. The car was having a Red number plate. The Q7 looks awesome. I could'nt take any pics since the car was on my opposite side.
Old 21st September 2006, 11:50   #11
BHPian

as far as i am concerned from what i can see in the pic in the link posted above.....height of the car is very less....and looks wise average...hard that ne' one from india would spend 61L for that....
Old 19th October 2006, 10:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Mukesh Ambani shares spoils with RIL brass

Orders 40 Audi Q7s to replace Mercedes S-class

SAGAR MALVIYA & BENNY ANTONY
Posted online: Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 0230 hours IST

MUMBAI, OCT 18: You could say Mukesh Ambani’s top executives are on the fast track. After toppling Azim Premji as the country’s richest person, Ambani is sharing the spoils by ordering 40 of the latest Audi Q7s for senior managers at Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), it is learnt. That’s a fifth of Audi’s total orders of the model from India so far.

Quote:
TOP GEAR
• An Audi Q7 costs Rs 58-77 lakh
• RIL’s order 20% of Q7 orders from India
• Features include multimedia interface, glass sunroof
• Audi now sells five models in India
The new seven-seater special utility vehicle (SUV) from German luxury car manufacturer Audi AG is expected to replace the high-end cars, like the Mercedes S-class, currently used by several RIL top honchos. However, there is a slim chance that Ambani himself will slide behind the wheel of a Q7 since he already owns a Maybach valued at Rs 5 crore. The Q7, on the other hand, is priced between Rs 58 lakh and Rs 77.5 lakh, depending upon the engine and accessories. An RIL spokesperson declined to comment on the issue.

The Q7 has several accessories, including a multimedia interface, automatic air-conditioning, xenon plus headlights and also a panorama glass sunroof option. The SUV also has an optional warning system for lane-changing manoeuvres as well as a radar-based distance control system adaptive cruise control.

Meanwhile, Audi AG has targeted 300 units for sale in the country this year and around 700 in 2007. Audi currently sells five completely built models in India, including the A4, A6, A8, TT and Q7, and plans to set up its own unit in the country. However, Audi AG officials were unavailable for comment.

Recently, RIL’s market cap surged to over Rs 1,65,000 crore, taking Ambani’s net worth based on his shareholdings in group companies to more than Rs 70,000 crore. Thus, he pushed Azim Premji, with a net worth of around Rs 64,700 crore, to second position. Wipro’s market capitalisation stands at Rs 80,000 crore.

http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_f...tent_id=143915
Old 19th October 2006, 11:39   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Orders 40 Audi Q7s to replace Mercedes S-class
That also means 40 company-maintained S Class' being in the market for a decent price.
Old 19th October 2006, 11:45   #14
BANNED

I happen to see the Q7 in Poona over the last weekend..
Black with HUGE rims.. and an MH43 plate(may be the dealer car)
All I have to say is... WOW.. what an AMAZING ROAD PRESENCE!
Old 19th October 2006, 12:05   #15
BHPian

2L8, it could be the dealer/demo car. BSMotoring has a drive report on the Q7 and the photo has a black Q7 with MH 43 registration.

The article in BSM says that it is an awesome car that is fast, quick and handles very well. And it has presence too....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks