Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2015, 13:37   #16
BANNED

Re: Tamil Nadu: Manufacturers offer discounts on service of flood-damaged cars

Interestingly, I gave my car for a minor repair on 19th (one brake light not working, some undercarriage noises). Seeing the sea of cars inside and outside the Ramkay Fiat facility (doubleparked on the road outside, competing for space with overflow from the neighbouring Renault and Honda service centres), I asked if I should come back in January -- it wasn't urgent in my opinion. They said no, they'll do it today, and indeed they were done in a few hours. I wonder, though, how long it will take to fix that sea of flooded cars, many of which had large "DO NOT START" signs pasted on their windshields.
rsidd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 16:54   #17

I think they mean to convey that most cars do not have a 'Zero-depreciation insurance policy' , but mistakenly they have written it as Comprehensive policy. A comprehensive policy is one which covers Third party risks along with coverage for damage to the vehicle.
Old 24th December 2015, 10:00   #18
BHPian

My civic was totaled and I had booked a Jazz. Now when I asked my dealer, this is their response:

1. Since I bought the car on 19th Dec and the scheme was announced on 21st, so I am not eligible. Hows that for a rule?

2. Also, since I got some cash discount, I wont get any loyalty points even if I was eligible for the scheme.

Now I called 121 of Honda and they are as clueless and they sent my request to the dealer again. So much for Honda Assurance!!!
Old 24th December 2015, 14:38   #19
BHPian

While the Market leader has been generous with people who have their cars in Floods, it is surprising that there is no announcement from next biggie. This coming from the company which has its home here is puzzling.
Why Hyundai? Are you smirking from the loss you yourself made due to disruptions due to rain and vehicles affected by flood? Or are you being extra generous to your Service centers who want to make more money than they are doing already?
Old 24th December 2015, 19:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

While most of the passenger cars were off road, it was public transport doing its duty. But still around 5000 numbers of them were off road due to water entry. That included Ashokleyland, Tata and Volvo. Understand only Ashokleyland is supporting MTC for quick recovery of vehicles by providing additional support and parts.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 20:37   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Why Hyundai? Are you smirking from the loss you yourself made due to disruptions due to rain and vehicles affected by flood? Or are you being extra generous to your Service centers who want to make more money than they are doing already?
IMO, of all the manufacturers present here in Chennai - Hyundai was the least affected (least number of days that the plant shutdown) and Ford bearing the maximum brunt of the floods. Saying this based on their own press updates that were provided and are widely available on the web.

While Hyundai did indulge in relief efforts and made donations (which of course they would make use in Section 135 of Companies Act-2013), what they have given back directly to their customers is something that we all can see and gauge!
Old 26th December 2015, 20:05   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki contributes Rs 2 crore. The contribution is aimed at strengthening the relief and rebuilding efforts of the government for victims of the recent floods in Tamil Nadu.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has also taken initiatives to speed up repairs to cars damaged during the recent deluge. "Around 6,500 flood impacted Maruti Suzuki vehicles have reported to Maruti Suzuki dealer workshops, in the past weeks. Of this, around, 1,000 have been repaired and put back on road, till date,"

And to cater to the increased workload, the company has temporarily transfered around 200 expert technicians from its national service network to Chennai to speed up repair and restoration of the damaged vehicles. These technicians will join hands with the existing 500 technicians working in Maruti Suzuki network workshops across the state.

In addition, the company has also pressed into service 31 Maruti mobile vans to supplement the workshops.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/50334483.cms
Old 28th December 2015, 12:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
IMO, of all the manufacturers present here in Chennai - Hyundai was the least affected (least number of days that the plant shutdown) and Ford bearing the maximum brunt of the floods.
While Hyundai might be least affected, it is highly possible that their suppliers might not have escaped. After all, they are situated right next to "eye" of the Chennai Flood - Chembarambakkam Lake.
Old 30th December 2015, 11:57   #24
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
While Hyundai did indulge in relief efforts and made donations (which of course they would make use in Section 135 of Companies Act-2013), what they have given back directly to their customers is something that we all can see and gauge!
Quote:
While Hyundai might be least affected, it is highly possible that their suppliers might not have escaped.
They were late in announcing special measures for flood affected vehicles no doubt, but they've certainly jumped on the bandwagon now. As they say, better late than never!

Highlights:

-> 17 emergency road service vehicles & 30 flatbed trucks deployed

-> Special toll free number (0124-4714072) for towing assistance

-> 300 technicians working multiple shifts across the city

-> Special discount of 30% on parts

-> 50% discount on depreciation component of insurance claims

-> MOBIS prioritising order of all spare parts for Chennai workshops & over-the-counter sales as required

-> Mention of relief efforts organised by the company in flood affected areas, apart from monetary contribution to the relief fund

Press release:

Quote:
Chennai, Dec 26, 2015: HMIL today announced that it has enhanced the scope of activities and services for vehicle owners affected by the untimely floods in Chennai. HMIL has placed as many as 17 emergency road service vehicles to support the flood affected customers/ vehicles and 30 flatbed trucks to assist with towing operations in the city.

In order to ensure that Hyundai’s services are available in every part of the city and to as many customers as possible, HMIL has activated a toll free number (0124-4714072) for towing the vehicles and has as many as 300 technicians working multiple shifts across the city to assist the vehicle owners. Hyundai customers are being offered special discounts on repairs/ restorations of their flood affected vehicles by parts 30% and 50% on depreciation on insurance claims.

Further, Hyundai’s spare part supplier MOBIS is prioritizing order of all spare parts for Chennai workshops to handle the flood affected vehicles and off the shelf arrangements are also being made for parts to supply across the counter as per need.

Sharing the details of Hyundai Motor India’s relief efforts for vehicle owners in Chennai, Mr Y K Koo, MD & CEO Hyundai Motor India said, “Hyundai as a responsible corporate citizen has ramped up its service support to customers in Chennai will a slew of initiatives. The state has been home to HMIL since 1996 and this contribution is their way of expressing solidarity with the people of Tamil Nadu, as they rebuild their lives in the aftermath of the recent devastating floods. With the vision of being lifetime partners of our customers we will continue to extend support to our Chennai family.”

On December 08, 2015 Hyundai Motor India Limited responded immediately to the prevailing situation in Tamil Nadu and handed over a Cheque of Rs. 2 Crores to Chief Minister's Public Relief Fund (CMPRF). Food packets, home essentials and clothing were also distributed in affected areas.

Last edited by RSR : 30th December 2015 at 12:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks