Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2015, 11:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda India launches mobile app & communication device - Honda Connect

Downloaded the app and added both the Jazz and the accord. The records are accurate and useful. The next service due is only showing a date and not expected kms which I feel should be there.

This should be useful while buying and selling used Honda cars.
Old 24th December 2015, 12:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
And what is their rationale behind this date? Is it the date of launch? Still a very bad move to push people who want to buy the product away from it stating such rules
Dear arvind71181,

Please see the new information from DrShaikNishan

Quote:
I contacted the Regional Trainer at Perfect Honda, Trivandrum yesterday and booked a device. I was informed that the models that rolled out before Dec 2015 have an old generation of OBD port and needs updation to accomodate the i-Connect device. What I feel is Honda has tweaked the OBD in some manner to accomodate the device in newer versions
I hope they add the facility for others too - that too ASAP!

Thank you DrShaikNishan!

Girish Mahajan
Old 4th January 2016, 16:26   #18

I've Jul-2016 Model of the All New Jazz and bought the Honda Connect Device on 31-Dec-2015, which got activated today (3-Feb-2016). Yet to explore the real potential of the device. I paid 2999/- for the device which is active until 3-Feb-2016 meaning it comes with 1 month free subscription.

There is 10% discount if we purchase 1 year subscription.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Honda India launches mobile app & communication device - Honda Connect-screenshot_20160104160703.png  

nitinbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 17:53   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbs View Post
I've Jul-2015 Model of the All New Jazz and bought the Honda Connect Device on 31-Dec-2015, which got activated today (3-Feb-2016). Yet to explore the real potential of the device. I paid 2999/- for the device which is active until 3-Feb-2016 meaning it comes with 1 month free subscription.

There is 10% discount if we purchase 1 year subscription.

Thanks
Typo: Its Jul-2015 and not Jul-2016
Old 12th January 2016, 16:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Honda Connect App

Just saw the ad for the Honda Connect App in todays newspaper. Has anyone used this app so far?

https://hondacarindia.com/hondaconnect/

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 12th January 2016, 16:15   #21
BHPian

Re: Honda Connect App

Yes ! I have used it. Did not install the device in my car though. It has comprehensive service history of your car and reminders for expiration of pollution, Insurance etc. The device will enable you to monitor the health of the car and remind you of when the service is due.
Old 12th January 2016, 16:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Connect App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Yes ! I have used it. Did not install the device in my car though. It has comprehensive service history of your car and reminders for expiration of pollution, Insurance etc. The device will enable you to monitor the health of the car and remind you of when the service is due.
Does Honda provide a device that connects to the OBD port? I read in a post below that a Minda device is used. Is it possible to use some function even after the subscription is over? In other words is there any free service.

I would love something like this from VW.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 12th January 2016, 18:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Just curious, why is honda charging 3,000 INR for a service that they should be giving as a value add. maruti has a similar app and its Free!
amtak is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 09:17   #24
BHPian

I had recently enquired about the iConnect device from Honda. The person who called me told that since my car is manufactured in October 2015, hence I cannot install the device.

However, when I went for my second free service, I inquired again in the dealership (Pinnacle Honda, Asansol) they checked everything an said they can fit the device. They were asking for 6.2k for the device, but after some pestering they agreed on 3.5k . The device is installed, and though not activated I can use features like Locate my car, Trip analysis and Engine health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Does Honda provide a device that connects to the OBD port? I read in a post below that a Minda device is used. Is it possible to use some function even after the subscription is over? In other words is there any free service.

I would love something like this from VW.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Hi Shibu, Yes they give you a device which plugs in to the OBD port. My device is not activated till now, but I can see the engine health, car location and trip analysis. However, I doubt if anything would be visible when subscription is over. Please see the attached pic for reference.

Honda India launches mobile app & communication device - Honda Connect-iconnect.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Just curious, why is honda charging 3,000 INR for a service that they should be giving as a value add. maruti has a similar app and its Free!
Hi Amtak, as the Minda page suggests, the device uses GSM network to transmit car information. Hence the monthly subscriptions for the data charges. Also, I agree with you that the new cars should give the device as an included accessory at least in the top spec.

Anyone, who has installed iConnect, can you suggest if I keep my car in garage for a week without any running, can it drain the battery? I constantly see an LED blinking on the device.
chiro3110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 11:37   #25
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbs View Post
Typo: Its Jul-2015 and not Jul-2016
I was just going to ask you what the future is like.
Old 19th January 2016, 12:09   #26
BHPian

I am being charged Rs.6,000 for the hardware and the subscription is Rs.200/month (Rs.2,400 per year). The first month will be free and a 10% discount is applicable if I pay for the entire year in advance.

Seems like a pretty useful app if your car is chauffeur driven a lot. We end up sending the driver on work to various places during the day, so this will be a good way to keep a tab on him.

Will be linking my 2010 City onto the app as well to monitor the service records, vehicle papers, etc. Only service records from 2013 onward will be available on the app. Sadly I won't be able to use features like vehicle tracking, trip details, etc. for my older car.

Will be having my City delivered by the end of Feb, so let's wait and see how useful and accurate this app turns out to be.
Old 27th February 2016, 17:34   #27
BHPian

A query on Honda Connect, can this app installed & a car/device registered in two phones? Or only one phone is possible?
Old 6th April 2016, 00:17   #28
BHPian

Any long term reviews or more like 3 month reviews on the product?

My dealer initially quoted 3000 but now says 6249. Wondering if I should go for it or not?

Also can we use any other sim or do we have to stick to the Vodafone sim?

Is it worth the spend?

TIA
Old 11th April 2016, 09:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
Any long term reviews or more like 3 month reviews on the product?

My dealer initially quoted 3000 but now says 6249. Wondering if I should go for it or not?

Also can we use any other sim or do we have to stick to the Vodafone sim?

Is it worth the spend?

TIA
Dear manjith_pm,

I am guessing that your car is before 15 Dec 2015. As far as I know, for cars made after that date (that too - I think - first 2000 or so units), the cost is 2000 or 3000 (I am not sure), but for other cars it is 6249.

I am going to find out if it is worth it or not - I have told the dealer to install this in my Jazz during the 3rd free servicing around 22 Apr 2016.

Off hand, it looks worth it.

Girish Mahajan
Old 11th April 2016, 22:20   #30

I've installed it using for last 3/month's. To be Frank it's a useful if your car chauffer driven and is being used to drop and pick up children or by wife then it can be used to track the vehicle movement. The best part is you can share the live location and it works like a charm. On long journeys you can share the link and family can track where you are.

So go for it, if you are a gizmo freek.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks