Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2015, 17:36   #1
BHPian

General Motors to recall 100,000 Beat diesels for faulty clutch pedal lever

General Motors India to recall 101,597 Beat diesel cars
Reuters Business News | Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:48pm IST
(Reporting by Aditi Shah; Editing by Sunil Nair)

Quote:
General Motors Co (GM.N) will recall 101,597 units of its small car Beat in India... the company's local unit said in a statement...
...The company has issued a recall for diesel-engine powered Beat cars manufactured between December 2010 and July 2014...
Read more...
http://in.reuters.com/article/gm-ind...0TY1AE20151215

Last edited by Aditya : 16th December 2015 at 07:28.
msprabhakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 21:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

General Motors India to recall over 1 lakh units of Beat diesel

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/Kdq...-Beat-die.html

General Motors India to recall over 1 lakh units of Beat diesel

General Motors India Pvt. Ltd will recall over one lakh units of the diesel variant of Chevrolet Beat hatchback, manufactured between December 2010 and July 2014, to replace faulty clutch pedal lever.

The company said it will inspect and if necessary, replace the clutch pedal lever in 1,01,597 units of the hatchback’s diesel variant.

“The company has started voluntarily notifying owners of the Beat diesel to take their cars to any of Chevrolet’s 248 authorised service centres across India,” General Motors India Pvt. Ltd said in a statement. The clutch pedal lever in these units is susceptible to cracking on continued usage, it added. “Quality and care are our highest priorities and we are committed to putting customers at the centre of everything we do. If we foresee a potential issue, we ensure that it is corrected as soon as possible, as part of our complete commitment to customer satisfaction,” the statement said.

As part of the recall, customers can also contact their nearest Chevrolet dealer and schedule an appointment for inspection and correction, it added. The affected vehicles will be repaired for free at Chevrolet’s authorised service centres across the country.
Old 17th December 2015, 10:21   #3
BHPian

Re: General Motors to recall 100,000 Beat diesels for faulty clutch pedal lever

I too have a chevy beat diesel, 2013 make. I don't know if my car is being recalled or not. I am yet to hear from my dealer KHT Chevrolet Bangalore. I will try to contact them and update once I get any more information.
sathya.bhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 15:40   #4
BHPian

I Just talked with KHT Chevrolet, Peenya service station. Talked with the lady at the reception. According to her, they also know about this only from news. There hasn't been any official communication to them from GM. She asked to call back by next week.

In the meantime, I am hoping the issue is not a big one.
Old 29th December 2015, 18:05   #5
BHPian

No updates from KHT Chevrolet, Peenya service station till now. Any other member head any useful information?
Old 29th December 2015, 18:56   #6
BHPian

You can write to gmi.cac@gm.com or call the GM Customer care on 1800-3000-8080.
Quality of service from GM becomes questionable when now information is passed to Service centers.
Possibilities could be that the replacement part is not in stock as compared to the estimated recalls. It will also create a doubt among the Beat owners having their car manufacture date close to December 2010 and July 2014.
Old 1st January 2016, 12:03   #7

Replaced the clutch pedal lever of my car under this recall. Its a two days job and we have to plan it accordingly. Its recommended not to make them hurry to finish the job, as its a delicate process, need to remove dashboard etc. Nothing changed in driving experience after replacement. Also they follow a specific set of parameters to decide whether the pedal lever needs to be replaced or not.

Most Viewed