Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2016, 17:29   #391
BHPian

Re: Supreme Court bans registration of diesel cars over 2,000 cc in Delhi & NCR:EDIT lifted with 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The 1% cess was to be expected. They do not want too much egg on their pretty face. No basically they are accepting that they GOOFED!
My view too. Wonder what the CPCB would do with the funds collected? Install some large filters like this one perhaps : http://www.treehugger.com/gadgets/wo...und-world.html

As long as they don't waste the funds that people pay in some fancy scheme and put it to good use for making the air cleaner.
Old 12th August 2016, 17:49   #392
BHPian

Re: Supreme Court bans registration of diesel cars over 2,000 cc in Delhi & NCR:EDIT lifted with 1%

Pretty Sure... this will boil down to smaller diesel engine as well. Another way to looting tax from common man....

Interesting to see what will be the strategy of Mahindra for XUV or Scorpio. They would have done substantial investments towards 1999 cc engine, taking into account R&D, changes in Engine block, Piston sizes etc etc....

High time, TATA should launch Hexa!!!
Old 12th August 2016, 18:06   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, its proved that money is above everything!! Cant believe a 1% cess is a replacement for all the pollution. And the chart shows passenger cars are just 10% of the full overload and trucks form 46%.

Is it so difficult for the NGT to seek very valid & apt solutions from the manufacturers for the betterment of the society? Very very pathetic to see the 'money has the way' attitude being entertained.
swiftnfurious is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 01:24   #394
BHPian

1% Environmental cess to save the environment.
Old saying proved right again ... Money speaks!! This situation is similar to the one where you (NGT) think a certain kind of food can harm your body but instead of not eating that food you buy health insurance.
Divyendu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 16:17   #395
BHPian

The objective was very much clear since day one. They wanted to fill their kitty if not through lobbying money from auto makers then by 1% cess. Ours is becoming a brutal mercantile economy is a sense.
Honda Monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 22:30   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

NGT has proposed extending the diesel ban to four more states - Rajasthan, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana.

This is because of the Centre's and these four state governments' inability to tackle the air pollution in their states, plus their non-compliance with the NGT's directives.

It has also directed the Centre and the state governments to declare a state of "environment emergency", if the particulate matter (pm) 2.5 and pm 10 reaches in excess of 500 and 300 micrograms respectively.

Quote:
During the emergency, the tribunal said the states must temporarily shutdown thermal power plants and close all construction activities in the affected areas.
With regards to stubble burning which has been, reasoned by many, as the major cause of air pollution, the green court asked the central and state governments to constitute committees to tackle crop burning and find out the source of pollution.
The concerned committees will then have to report to the NGT and update it about the steps being implemented.
ET
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 02:18   #397
BHPian

IF the ngt and the Supreme Court, such as they are as guardians of orphaned 'public goods' like breathable air, can impose stiff/penal taxes on diesel fuel, old AND not just new diesel vehicles (whether passenger ones or commercial, with the former and not the latter getting taxed more penally) they would've done a great, market-efficiency-friendly service to Dilli-NCR and indeed most large cities in North India or even India as-a-whole. No bans, though, kindly, and no convoluted policing: just STIFF deterential taxation.

As to whetehr other 'guilty' economic agents, such as plastic recyclers or farmers etc, are more or less responsible is entirely besdies the point.

"Yes, but Aunty he did it first/more than me.....!" is just no argument. Especially not in the current outright catastrophism in Dilli NCR.

If one is imposing 'externalities' on others by using dirty diesel and dirty diesel engines one must pay for them: that is just the corollory of the 'free consumer market' logic. It will do some albeit not-enough good via-the-market over the relatively short-run, on a structural demographic basis, IRRESPECTIVE of how well and/or honestly used for public transpost, BRT, pedestrianization etc the additional penal/deterential taxes/cesses on diesel fuel and diesel pv and cv-s are.

Last edited by desdemona : 12th November 2016 at 02:20. Reason: addition
Old 23rd August 2017, 19:34   #398
BHPian

Has anyone here bought a Diesel car in Delhi in the last one or two months? Needed confirmation if the Registration Certificates for new diesel cars are being issued for 10 or 15 years.
Old 23rd August 2017, 20:07   #399
BANNED

It has been a while since they started issuing 10 years. I bought one in March with 10 years and now in August with 10 years.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 08:46   #400
Senior - BHPian

My Creta, EcoSport, Figo, all purchased in March & April 2016, have registrations valid for 15 years. All the cars are diesel. My cars are registered in Gurgaon.

Best to check with the car dealership

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 25th August 2017 at 08:49.
Old 25th August 2017, 20:59   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Has anyone here bought a Diesel car in Delhi in the last one or two months? Needed confirmation if the Registration Certificates for new diesel cars are being issued for 10 or 15 years.
Bought a diesel car in Mar 2017. Registration in Gurgaon. R.C. valid for 15 years.
Old 28th August 2017, 09:28   #402
Senior - BHPian

Even my newly bought diesel vehicle, registered in June in Noida, also bears RC validity for 15 years.
Old 28th August 2017, 11:05   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post

If you buy a new DIESEL car and get it registered in Delhi then the RC is issued for 10 years validity however in NCR the registration is valid for 15 years.
Old 29th August 2017, 10:07   #404
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
If you buy a new DIESEL car and get it registered in Delhi then the RC is issued for 10 years validity however in NCR the registration is valid for 15 years.
Bit confused, I have a Delhi registered new Diesel car, the RC shows 10 years, the question following your post is -

Can I use it for 15 years in Delhi ?

Thanks !
Old 29th August 2017, 16:34   #405
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
It has been a while since they started issuing 10 years. I bought one in March with 10 years and now in August with 10 years.
Quoting Self here, I am really shocked as to what is happening, my Ertiga SHVS VDi bought in March had the registration validity of 10 years.

I received the RC of my Hexa bought in August, today, to my utter (a very very pleasant one at that) surprise, it has validity of 15 years.

Am I a happy man, HELL YES.

Please find Pic Attached.

Both are Delhi Registered.
Attached Thumbnails
Supreme Court bans registration of diesel cars over 2,000 cc in Delhi & NCR:EDIT lifted with 1% cess-modified-rc.jpg  

Last edited by Torquedo : 29th August 2017 at 16:36.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks