Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2016, 10:15   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)

Not impressed by that video. Mahindra may be thinking we are all really dumb to take this as an SUV. Those wheel arches looks horrible and whoever buys this has to do a tyre upsize definitely. And what is with that center console design. Why couldn't they do a traditional one which looks elegant in other cars. Awkward looking AC knobs, Handbrake and Gear position looks so 1990's. This may sell considering the price bracket and common man's love for pseudo Suv's but I am not liking it at all.
Old 13th January 2016, 10:20   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

More details and pics
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ow-399594.aspx
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 10:23   #153
BHPian

re: Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
I saw this video on Youtube and I thought I'd share it with everyone here:

Overall it looks decent enough if you ask me but I think that the tyres look too small for the wheel arches, especially at the back.
Thank you for sharing the video.

I agree with you that the car looks okay enough. Mahindra vehicles almost always look better in the flesh than in photos, and this looks good even in the photos.

Those small wheels spoil the side looks, but that is something which a buyer could easily correct by adding better wheels.

Now we have to see if the seating is comfortable and if the ride is sorted out so that people are not thrown around, and if power folding mirrors are offered. Low engine output is of not much concern in the segment. But an AMT would have been very much appreciated.

Edit: That gear lever placement resembles that of some MPVs sold abroad. The Honda CRV (past generations, not sure about the current one) also has a dash mounted gear lever, so I don't see why it should not be there in a Mahindra.

Last edited by Yeldo : 13th January 2016 at 10:27.
Yeldo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 11:29   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of grabs from the video. I assumed the Front seat would be a bench kind. Looks like it is split, with the passenger seat extended to fit the middle 'kid'. That hand brake lever positioning still worries me though. Video not clear enough to confirm presence of middle seat belts. But looks unlikely from this grab.

Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-kuvint1.jpg

Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-kuvint2.jpg

Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-kuvint3.jpg

Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 11:42   #155
BANNED

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/01/m...d-video-211052

New KUV100 without camo is spotted.
Too much quirkiness, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-mahindrakuv100frontquarterrevealedspied.jpg  

Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-mahindrakuv100rearrevealedspied.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 13th January 2016 at 12:12.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 11:53   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Couple of grabs from the video. I assumed the Front seat would be a bench kind. Looks like it is split, with the passenger seat extended to fit the middle 'kid'. That hand brake lever positioning still worries me though. Video not clear enough to confirm presence of middle seat belts. But looks unlikely from this grab.
I think there are two configurations

1) Base model with bench seat

2) Mid-top variant with split seat - but without center console/cup holder/storage between seats
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 12:14   #157
Senior - BHPian

Would you buy this over the Kwid? Though its a good idea for M&M to have a portfolio of UVs, spanning the various segments.

On a side note :: wouldnt they want to go topless? A topless SUV is what India needs now!
Old 13th January 2016, 12:21   #158
BHPian

I like the way the headlight stretched to the length of bonnet. The wheel arches look small but i think it might look alright in flesh. The centre console looks different and it might actually be a positive thing for this vehicle.

I sincerely hope the pricing to be spot on on this. In a way this looks like a mini XUV5OO and that means it has to be priced like kwid . Anyway considering the dimensions of this vehicle if the price range is going to be between 3.5- 6 there is a winner.
Old 13th January 2016, 12:42   #159
BHPian

Styling is bit overdone. Slightly on taller side. It will take some time to get used to this styling. Though it is too early to comment anything about ride and handling, going by the last pic, the tyres look tiny on this vehicle and will add to the body roll on cornering. Just hope M&M has taken care of the ride and handling.

Performance of petrol engine, alongwith pricing would be they key for it's success, because obviously it will compete with hatchbacks more than anything else. Its a good effort but will have to wait to see if M&M has given it good finishing touches in all the essential areas.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 14:36   #160
BHPian

Thanks nivatakavacha for the nice scoop!!!

Though the car looked decent in the photos, I feel it looks quite ugly and disproportionate in the video.

Will have to look at it person to finalize my opinion
Old 13th January 2016, 14:45   #161
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the designers ran out of ideas once they reached the middle of the car. The first half of the car looks awesome, while the rear looks horrible.

Not sure what the target audience would be. In the white colour, the wheels look PUNY.
Old 13th January 2016, 16:14   #162
Senior - BHPian

It can give tough competition to Kwid top variants if priced it properly, even with that auto rickshaw tyres.
Old 13th January 2016, 16:57   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
I saw this video on Youtube and I thought I'd share it with everyone here:

Overall it looks decent enough if you ask me but I think that the tyres look too small for the wheel arches, especially at the back.
. It seems that video is played backward. People are walking backward!
Nick_Wanderlust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 17:04   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Detailed pics of the KUV100, more in the link!

Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-mm.png
Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-mmm.png

http://www.shifting-gears.com/2016/0...d-to-know-see/
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 17:51   #165
BHPian

I have a feeling that this is going to outsell the Kwid.
It is ugly, tasteless and disproportionate. In a first world country, the Government would ban it from the streets because it is so ugly. However, in India a car needs to be stylish and not elegant. People will buy this because the front end looks similar to the XUV.
And I have a feeling that seeing the success of the KUV the other manufacturers would deploy a similar distaste for aesthetics in their products.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks