Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 17:04   #16
BHPian

re: Mercedes imports GLC. EDIT: Launched at 50.70 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindrn View Post
Did anybody get a price quote from the dealers? Dealer at Bangalore gave me an ex showroom price of 56.89 lakhs for the GLC 300 4matic edition 1 (CBU). I have attached the price list from the dealer.

But the Mercedes official website says 50.9 lakhs for the edition 1.

http://www.mercedes-benz.co.in/conte...Press_Releases

Hope this is not the actual price for the CBU versions.

The price of 50.7/ 50.9 is misleading. The actual price in NCR is also 55 lakhs plus ex-showroom, on road is coming to approximately 64 lakhs plus.

Unethical on the part of Mercedes to mislead by quoting prices which are not really correct.
Old 7th June 2016, 20:48   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes same in Chennai, the dealer is quoting 56 Lacs ex showroom. There ought to be some laws about advertising misleading and inaccurate prices for cars.
Old 9th June 2016, 17:05   #18
Team-BHP Support

I checked today in Bangalore. The dealer quoted around Rs 56 Lakh ex-showroom. The on the road price here is an eye watering, sorry stinging 72 lakhs. The equivalent C is around Rs 52 L on road. I would expect a 10-20% variation between the saloon and SUV but this is almost 50% more. Ouch!
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 09:46   #19
BHPian

I did some extra digging and found the lower price in Pune is to offset the higher lifetime road tax for CBUs, and since this vehicle will eventually be assembled in India, Mercedes didn't want to miss the initial wave of customers.

Some one aware with Pune taxes may validate this.

This, in my opinion is still a cheap shot by Mercedes they could have announced the SUV price for another reasonable city - Hyderabad or Kolkata may be? (Since, Mumbai might have same rules as Pune + octroi, Delhi has diesel ban, Chennai and Bangalore have 14.5% VAT). Lol.
316kmph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 10:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strella View Post
The price of 50.7/ 50.9 is misleading.

Unethical on the part of Mercedes to mislead by quoting prices which are not really correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
There ought to be some laws about advertising misleading and inaccurate prices for cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 316kmph View Post
This, in my opinion is still a cheap shot by Mercedes they could have announced the SUV price for another reasonable city - Hyderabad or Kolkata may be? (Since, Mumbai might have same rules as Pune + octroi, Delhi has diesel ban, Chennai and Bangalore have 14.5% VAT). Lol.
I feel that's being too harsh on Mercedes. After all, prices have to be different in every city due to local taxes. The company does mention in fine print in ads that the price is ex-showroom, Pune. This isn't unethical as per me. It is just smart advertising. Most (if not all) automotive brands employ a similar strategy wherein they quote the starting price in a city where it is the cheapest.
Old 18th June 2016, 17:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
I feel that's being too harsh on Mercedes. After all, prices have to be different in every city due to local taxes. The company does mention in fine print in ads that the price is ex-showroom, Pune. This isn't unethical as per me. It is just smart advertising. Most (if not all) automotive brands employ a similar strategy wherein they quote the starting price in a city where it is the cheapest.

I am fine with car companies quoting the price in their home base or in a city where taxes are the lowest but this is a special case where Mercedes is quoting a good price which is specifically discounted in the city / state. Even I was under the impression the price difference between Pune and Chennai would be only about 2% as in case of other cars. However, in case of the GLC the price difference is like 10%. So, I certainly believe it's a cheap shot by Mercedes.
Old 27th June 2016, 11:35   #22
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Our Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Drive Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks