Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2015, 18:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford's new service cost calculator for its entire range of vehicles

Ford has introduced a service cost calculator for customers to use and identify how much the periodic maintenance of their Ford vehicle will cost even before visiting a service centre.

This calculator requires details like model name, fuel type and the kilometres run, and it will instantly calculate the cost of parts, labour and consumables including tax. Customers will be able to print this report and carry it along with them when they visit the Ford service centre, thus ensuring transparency. The calculated quote is valid for the same month, subject to change in taxes etc. Any additional item, which is not included in the periodic maintenance cost, will be charged separately.

The calculator can be used for the entire Ford range of vehicles - Aspire, Classic, EcoSport, Endeavour, Fusion, Ikon, Fiesta and the Figo (old and new).

Name:  Ford.PNG
Views: 11433
Size:  317.4 KB

This service cost calculator is a part of the Ford Service Price Promise initiative, which is aimed at improving the ownership experience by reducing the maintenance & parts cost and ensuring transparency in their operations.
S2!!! is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 18:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford's new service cost calculator for its entire range of vehicles

Nice initiative, recently got our Fiesta's 20,000 kms service and the estimated costs are bang on. The customers can show this at the service centre and avoid unwanted items to be stuck off the list.

Would have been better to add stuff like brake pads, brake discs etc to the list and give their price incl tax + labour.
coolboy007 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 20:21   #3
BHPian

I have been pretty impressed with steps Ford has taken to clear up its 'Expensive to maintain image'. And as far as I am concerned, its not only in papers. My dad got his Fiesta Diesel serviced (60K Kms) service in Chandigarh and bill literally shocked me. It was around 4.5K including the front brake pads change and free lunch. He was so happy for the free lunch.

I mean, only the Engine oil in my Vento costs 3900 or something.

Also, There was a chart that had labour costs mentioned for most of the tasks and except for a clutch overhaul nothing was more than a 1000 bucks for any of their cars. I am really really impressed. Good job Ford!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 21:53   #4

Excellent initiative!
But frankly - I have my own doubts about the credibility of this webpage. and how far the service centers are obliged to stick to these numbers.
A few months back Metro ford quoted 18k for timing belt change of a 2005 fusion petrol. And this webpage says it costs Rs 644.
The service centers recommend replacing as many parts as possible - and I dont see their business being viable without such conning. The list for my 1lakh km service went beyond 2 lakhs while this webpage pegs the 1 lakh km service at ~8k.
Will take some effort to change their image I must say.
shrek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 22:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

This will also help potential Ford buyers get an idea of the maintenance costs before taking the plunge. This is good !
Old 23rd December 2015, 22:24   #6
BHPian

Oh such a fine initiative:thumbup:

First over the counter sale of spare parts and now this thing! It will surely bring smile on the faces of Ford buyers.

Hope other manufacturers will also follow this!
ajitstreet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 22:54   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Great initiative Ford! Now, has this been marketed well enough? It's extremely painful to change perceptions of Indian juntaa. If you don't reach really deep, this will not help!
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 06:13   #8
BHPian

Hopefully this should help convert some footfalls into a sale for Ford. A lot of them visit their showrooms, test drive the cars, compliment the car for its build or performance and then walk away fearing long term ownership costs. This should help.
Old 24th December 2015, 07:37   #9
BHPian

Transparency and reasonable costs will help any automobile manufacturer in going a long way. Authorized Service Stations tend to fleece the customers with misleading charges. This is indeed a brilliant initiative by Ford. Way to Go !!!
Old 24th December 2015, 09:39   #10
BHPian

Ford are trying their heart out to stay in this competitive Indian market and increase their market share. The new designs of their vehicles are helping the cause, but the age old tag associated to Ford has always been "Expensive to maintain" as they initially started with importing the spares which obviously turned to be expensive. Although Ford has localized their manufacturing of vehicles as well as spares in India to a great extent, its tough to wipe out that "expensive to maintain" tag in market like India where first impressions remain as best impressions. This is a great idea by Ford to show that they are not expensive any more and also gives the customer transparency so that the dealer malpractices can be avoided. Hope other manufacturers also follow this soon..!
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 10:12   #11
BHPian

Awesome move by Ford, I must say! Now, whenever I am headed for a service, I will quickly check the estimates using this feature.

When we bought TooFun, our Ford Classic 1.6, we too were worried about service costs and spare costs in the long run. However, BHPians like vnabhi assured that it was reasonable and we bit the bullet. The experience till now has been superb. F.A.S.S in our area is nice and friendly, and spares and consumables are reasonably priced IMO.

I am sure that Ford is carrying out these measures to welcome more people into their family and destroying the notion that their cars are expensive to maintain. What's better is that they have included their older cars in the lineup too! That speaks a lot about a company. They could have just not bothered about their older models anymore.

I remember that they had a Ford owners app too, but that was pretty useless!

Way to go Ford and keep up the good work!

EDIT: Estimated service costs for TooFun for the 10000km/ 1 year service which is due in May '16 and I got Rs. 3157 as the estimate.
Ford's new service cost calculator for its entire range of vehicles-toofun-service-calculator.png

Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 24th December 2015 at 10:41.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 10:46   #12
BHPian

They have a chart in every service center, but somehow the cost do not match with the bill at the end of the day.

I have a pending service next week, I will check this tool once again.

Last edited by Eddy : 24th December 2015 at 10:57. Reason: Sentence
Uprasenjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 10:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

This is a very good initiative from Ford. After getting the Ecosport home, i was always thinking whether this would be as good as the Japs from a maintenance perspective as everyone used to say, Ford means high maintenance. Spoke to the SA during 1st service and was impressed that they dont try to push unwanted stuff. I am impressed with these things by Ford. Good going.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 24th December 2015, 11:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

WASTE.
What they SHOULD show is max retail price list of the spare parts.

It is not the regular service that kills EMI paying people, but the costly REPAIRS/REPLACEMENTS.
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 11:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I mean, only the Engine oil in my Vento costs 3900 or something.
This is because VW uses synthetic oil. For a longer life, it is definitely recommended to use synthetic oil.

I'm definitely surprised to see Ford using mineral oil in their Ecoboost. For a high-power, high heat and comparatively higher compression ratio engine, Ford should have used fully synthetic oil.

And about this tool, it is just letting us know the oil change prices, oil filter and labor charges. The tool would have been more useful if it allowed us to add repair components. Something on the lines of searchable parts catalog.
blue_pulsar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks