Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2015, 15:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Now book your Maruti, Bajaj, KTM, Kawasaki on Flipkart. EDIT: Mahindra KUV100 as well

Bangaloreans can now book their next Maruti Suzuki vehicle or Bajaj, KTM or Kawasaki motorcycle online on Flipkart.

Now book your Maruti, Bajaj, KTM, Kawasaki on Flipkart. EDIT: Mahindra KUV100 as well-flipkart-1.png

The entire range of Maruti Suzuki vehicles i.e. Alto 800 / K10, Celerio, Ciaz, Eeco, Ertiga, Omni, Ritz, Swift, Dzire and WagonR are available online. Cars sold through NEXA aren't included. Customers who wish to avail this facility will have to pay a booking amount of Rs. 10,000 on Flipkart and will be contacted by Kalyani Motors for the paperwork and the future course of action.

Now book your Maruti, Bajaj, KTM, Kawasaki on Flipkart. EDIT: Mahindra KUV100 as well-flipkart-2.png

Similarly, prospective buyers for Kawasaki, KTM and Bajaj motorcycles can book their bikes online at a price of Rs. 3,000. Once the online booking procedure is complete, customers will be contacted by Khivraj Motors for the requisite documentation and balance payment.

Now book your Maruti, Bajaj, KTM, Kawasaki on Flipkart. EDIT: Mahindra KUV100 as well-flipkart-3.png

Customers will be eligible for vehicle-specific promotional offers, by the company, as mentioned on the respective model pages on Flipkart. In addition to these, Flipkart is offering a gift voucher worth up to Rs. 10,000 on every successful transactions (post vehicle delivery). Information relating to the delivery date, colours & variants (available or out of stock) are posted on the website as well.
S2!!! is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 19:20   #2
BHPian

re: Now book your Maruti, Bajaj, KTM, Kawasaki on Flipkart. EDIT: Mahindra KUV100 as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
. Cars sold through NEXA aren't included. . .
We can choose to book any variant and color of S Cross through flipkart.

However the Baleno isn't available. Perhaps they skipped it due to high demand.
Attached Thumbnails
Now book your Maruti, Bajaj, KTM, Kawasaki on Flipkart. EDIT: Mahindra KUV100 as well-screenshot_20151225183338.png  

procrastinator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 07:54   #3
BHPian

re: Now book your Maruti, Bajaj, KTM, Kawasaki on Flipkart. EDIT: Mahindra KUV100 as well

I wonder how practical is this? Who would miss the moments of elation in the process of purchasing a motor vehicle (searching, choosing, booking, waiting). To me, all these minute things do matter. Also why would anyone purchase a vehicle without even inspecting it in person and test driving / riding it?

Only thing that would lure me in to this is a good promotional gift voucher.
Pferdestarke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 11:33   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Only thing that would lure me in to this is a good promotional gift voucher.
So true! Unless there is a financial incentive, no one is going to book a vehicle on Flipkart / Snapdeal / other websites. A BHPian (and dealership owner) commented on the Snapdeal thread that the only reason so many Hero motorcycles were sold online was because of the 'free insurance' offer.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 12:47   #5
BHPian

Is the booking amount refundable? If not, this would make my case weak for negotiations which are possible in the conventional method.

Example: Some BHPians have got discounts of upto 3Lakh on S-Cross as the dealer wanted to clear his inventory. After making an online booking will I be able to negotiate it so far?
Old 26th December 2015, 16:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj, KTM to sell bikes via flipkart

Just came across a news that Bajaj, KTM and Kawasaki would start selling bikes via flipkart. Booking amount for Bajaj bikes would be 3000 INR . The news is that they will start this from Bangalore at first and then would be incorporated to other cities.

Flipkart would only handle the booking , the buyer still has to complete all formalities with the dealer. Wonder how the bikes would be delivered. Does the user has to go to the dealer for bike delivery or would it be delivered to home?

Link to the entire article is here

P.S : Mods searched and couldnt find any related thread. Please merge if there is already one.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 26th December 2015 at 17:01.
Old 30th December 2015, 17:58   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

From Twitter. The real reason FlipKart is selling cars & bikes

Quote:
Lulz Flipkart needs to accept automobile bookings to increase GMV?
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 18:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Unless I see "extra 20% off on orders above 9000", I am not even thinking about it. Though there would be no harm and very tempting trying to apply one of such coupon codes and check if it goes through
Old 19th January 2016, 16:07   #9
BHPian

Flipkart selling Mahindra KUV100 ?

So, I was just browsing through Flipkart today - and then I see this banner which says "Book KUV100" on the portal. At first, I went like "What?"! Then, curiosity got the better of me and on viewing the page, I was rather surprised to see Flipkart actually taking booking orders for Mahindra's KUV100. I, for one, did not know that Flipkart sold automobiles (apparently it also sells Kawasaki Ninjas and Mahindra's 2-wheelers, apart from the KUV).

The booking amount for KUV100 is Rs. 10,000/- on the site, and it seems to be offering all the variants and all color options (I think). The "seller" is listed as Mahindra, and the delivery date seems to be 30 days. Unfortunately for some of us, cash-on-delivery is not an option for this purchase!

I know in today's world, online shopping is a given, a necessity even perhaps. But I truly never expected something like an automobile to be sold on Flipkart. Or maybe I'm just too old school when it comes to buying cars, I don't know.

Now book your Maruti, Bajaj, KTM, Kawasaki on Flipkart. EDIT: Mahindra KUV100 as well-flipkart-kuv100.png
arch_hornet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 16:41   #10
Team-BHP Support

Re: Flipkart selling Mahindra KUV100 ?

Yep; it was in the news earlier.

http://www.thehindu.com/business/fli...cle8113983.ece
Old 20th January 2016, 12:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Now book your Maruti, Bajaj, KTM, Kawasaki on Flipkart. EDIT: Mahindra KUV100 as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
So true! Unless there is a financial incentive, no one is going to book a vehicle on Flipkart / Snapdeal / other websites. A BHPian (and dealership owner) commented on the Snapdeal thread that the only reason so many Hero motorcycles were sold online was because of the 'free insurance' offer.
Well, in this case they are offering a 10,000 gift voucher. I look at it this way, we normally test many cars and bikes before we make up our mind and normally don't make a purchase decision immediately after test riding/driving the vehicle we are looking at. So imagine spending a weekend going to different dealerships and taking a test drive and then the coming week we look at the options available and work out the financing. Now once you have made up your mind, you will have to go to the dealership on the coming weekend in case you have to put long hours in office to confirm your booking. But in this case I can just do that in minutes sitting in my office
Old 20th January 2016, 15:49   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Now book your Maruti, Bajaj, KTM, Kawasaki on Flipkart. EDIT: Mahindra KUV100 as well

I think the Flipkart-KUV100 Online booking deal is a good one for one sole reason. Mahindra is guaranteeing a delivery within one month. It maybe a way to boost online bookings, but still is a good thing.

Today, with a hot launch, the wait period runs into several months with no clarity on delivery dates and no real formal queuing system. The buyer is at the mercy of the SA and the dealership and more often than not has to do several follow ups and create a noise to get the car delivered. Manufacturer follow up also does not help much.

In this case the commitment is from the manufacturer as opposed to the dealer. So the manufacturer can be held accountable.
Old 13th June 2016, 14:04   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Flipkart to sell new cars, offer after sales service and spare parts.

Quote:
Flipkart, India’s leading online marketplace is set to offer car and bike related online services that not only includes facilities like buying and selling cars / bikes, but also irritating things like payment of road tax, paperwork with regard to vehicle insurance and a host of after sales services
Quote:
These services which have already been rolled out in Bengaluru will be introduced across the country by July 2016.
Quote:
In the last one year, sales related to automotive products has seen growth to the extent of 600% on Flipkart. Sales of car mobile holders have seen a 1,000% increase in growth while sales of car refrigerators have also seen increased demand by 300% month on month.
http://www.rushlane.com/flipkart-to-...-12198750.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th June 2016 at 14:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks