Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2015, 22:21   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!

I had booked Renault Kwid through app online in September itself. And I have not even got any updates about the car. I will wait now for 1 litre engine. I was disappointed with 800 cc engine and it was too jerky and not revv friendly. I had an alto k10 which was indeed a pocket rocket.
Old 31st December 2015, 00:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltheking View Post
The AMT version I feel will be a game changer if they can get the pricing right. Especially in Tier 1 cities- where Renault has a decent presence - it will give a good fight to the AltoK10 AMT . If it's priced at or near Maruti - tgen this can see some serious sales for Renault. Hope they perk up their service department !
+1
Also, I hope Renault doesn't get greedy (aka Ford for Ecosport) and jacks up the prices unrealistically for incorporating AMT and airbag.
I mean, they should continue to play the VFM game.
Else, Maruti Ignis will sweep it away in no time.
Old 31st December 2015, 13:00   #18
BHPian

The AMT from Renault is likely to be known as 'Easy R'.

Renault has introduced the Easy R AMT in its Dacia range. The report suggest that the AMT equipped variants are priced at about 40K premium.

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-renaultdaciaeasyramt.jpg

Will this make it to the Kwid? There are reports suggesting that this might make its way into the Duster, not sure though

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-2016daciasanderostepwaywitheasyramtzoomedoutattheiaa2015900x596.jpg

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/11/r...y-r-amt-204140
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 16:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I had booked Renault Kwid through app online in September itself. And I have not even got any updates about the car. I will wait now for 1 litre engine. I was disappointed with 800 cc engine and it was too jerky and not revv friendly. I had an alto k10 which was indeed a pocket rocket.
Dr. Naren, you would be the right person to demand Renault customer care on the status of AMT model, send them a mail, speak to their Regional head. Tell them you need to know this to make the decision.
Old 31st December 2015, 16:53   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Dr. Naren, you would be the right person to demand Renault customer care on the status of AMT model, send them a mail, speak to their Regional head. Tell them you need to know this to make the decision.
I was shooting emails to Renault India every week to know about the status of my booking. Once I was arranged a conference call with dealer and customer care. But I did not get any updates from the dealer and recent chennai floods further delayed it. I ended up buying Baleno petrol. Kwid booking is not cancelled yet. (paid 5k online)
Old 4th January 2016, 15:41   #21
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Ladies and gentlemen!

Say bonjour to the new sixth largest car manufacturer in India (by domestic sales volume) - Renault!

Powered by their youngest K(w)id, parent Renault India has made a giant leap on the monthly sales chart (link). They not only finished 6th in terms of monthly sales volume, but came very, very close (a mere 150 units) to breaking into the top 5 passenger vehicle manufacturers in the country!

Renault dispatched 10,292 units from the factory in December 2015, while 5th placed Toyota managed to send out 10,442 units to their dealers. The French diamond missed the top 5 by the proverbial whisker!

After a long, long time, the practical quadropoly for 3rd ~ 6th places in the Indian market (consisting of two Japan-headquartered & two domestic manufacturers) has been broken. Renault also becomes the best performing Europe-headquartered manufacturer in the Indian market, and indeed the best performing manufacturer with their HQ outside the Asian continent!

What a year it has been for Renault India! With sales on a continuous, slow and steady decline, there were reports about the company laying off workers to cut down on costs. Then production at the Renault-Nissan Alliance factory was halted because of the terrible Chennai floods.

Despite all that, they managed to finish 2015 on a hugely positive note. That's what a single segment-straddling blockbuster product can do to a manufacturer's line-up. Lifting up parent Renault's fortunes from 10th place as recently as September 2015 to a near 5th place in December 2015 is a terrific accomplishment for the new K(w)id on the block!

Is it any wonder that Team-BHP's car of the year 2015 award was bagged by none other than the Renault Kwid?

Take a bow, Monsieur Carlos Ghosn & the entire team!!!

Surely, there's much more to come from Renault India and the Renault-Nissan Alliance in 2016. I wish them a fantastic New Year, plus thank you for shaking up the market!

Last edited by RSR : 4th January 2016 at 15:56.
RSR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 19:50   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Ladies and gentlemen!

Say bonjour to the new sixth largest car manufacturer in India (by domestic sales volume) - Renault!

Surely, there's much more to come from Renault India and the Renault-Nissan Alliance in 2016. I wish them a fantastic New Year, plus thank you for shaking up the market!
With the Kwid 1.0+AMT, the Duster Facelift and the promise to ramp up production of the Kwid to 8000-10000 units in the next 3 months, I think it is a given that Renault will overtake Toyota. I think Honda's Number 4 position will also be under serious thread (12379 units in December), that is just a 2000 unit lead which will be covered by the increased production of the Kwid (Unless the BR V sets the charts on fire like the Creta).
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 13:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

The Renault Kwid hatchback has become a life-supporting model for the French automaker in India, with the car selling more than every other model in Renault India's line-up, combined! At the 2016 Auto Expo, Renault presented different versions of the Kwid, including the Kwid Racer and Climber concepts. The headline makers though, were the Kwid 1.0L and the Kwid AMT. A report now suggests that we can expect the 1.0L Kwid's launch in June this year, with the AMT joining the foray in the festive season.

Link to Team-BHP news article
Tushar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 11:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well this is good move, the car has been well accepted by the market including the first time buyers for whom MSIL use to be the first port of call.

The fit finish and the equipment levels are decent for an entry level car barring the ORVM. And while the official review suggested sluggish performance on inclines with AC on, the 1 litre mill and the AMT will address these concerns.

I am sure this car can sustain a 10,000 per month number on a long term basis provided the after sales are in line with the consumer expectations. If allowed Renault should consider:

- Open part availability for FNGs
- Longer warranty on product to gain consumer confidence
- Powerful engine with automatic (Already addressed)
- Add passenger air bag and ABS as option across all trim levels
- Keep refreshing the product with bells and whistles to maintain traction in market

If they have decoded the entry level car sales, they should consider a minimum of 1 more car lined up between 3.5 Lac to 5 Lac price point (outside of Go). It can also happen that the 1 Litre engine and AMT may fill this price void taking the more powerful engine options to near 5 Lac price point.

Cheers to Renault.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 06:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Prospective Alto K10 and Eon 1.0L buyers out there, hold off your purchase for a little while. The Kwid SCe 1.0-L, the more powerful version of Renault's latest blockbuster, looks all set for launch shortly.

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-201603renault-kwid-sce-1.0l-1.jpg

What also caught my interest is this red Kwid with cool alloy wheels. Is Renault readying a more feature-loaded version already?

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-201603renault-kwid-alloy-wheels-1.jpg

Source: http://anything-on-wheels.blogspot.i...g-sce-10l.html

Last edited by arvi86 : 30th March 2016 at 06:34.
arvi86 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 16:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Prospective Alto K10 and Eon 1.0L buyers out there, hold off your purchase for a little while. The Kwid SCe 1.0-L, the more powerful version of Renault's latest blockbuster, looks all set for launch shortly.
Thanks for the info arvi86. Nice to hear that Renault is bringing a more powerful version of the Kwid. The new alloys look good but why still with 3 lug nuts and those skinny tyres! At least an upsized tyres would have been better considering the additional power.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 16:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Any news on the AMT along with 1.0 Lt engine?

I guess AMT has not yet been launched even with 0.8 Lt engine?
Old 30th March 2016, 22:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
The new alloys look good but why still with 3 lug nuts and those skinny tyres! At least an upsized tyres would have been better considering the additional power.
Ignoring its good looks and segment-redefining features, the Kwid is an entry-level car competing with Alto. They had to cut costs somewhere, didn't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Any news on the AMT along with 1.0 Lt engine?

I guess AMT has not yet been launched even with 0.8 Lt engine?
I believe the AMT (Easy-R) is not planned for the 0.8-liter engine variants but for the 1.0-liter variant only. Check out Renault's Auto Expo thread that had pictures of the 1.0-L Easy-R Kwid on display.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 08:37   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Very good information this. A 1.0 litre engine will do wonders to the already wonderful product.
I just hope they price the car exactly the way they did for the 800cc avatar.
They just have to make sure they do not get carried away and price it very high.

A more feature laden variant and the AMT will close out all the areas where Altos and Eons had an advantage.

Good going by Renault. This Dasara/Deepavali season should be very good for them.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 12:39   #30
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I think it is a given that Renault will overtake Toyota.
Bingo! They've done it now!

With 12,424 units being dispatched to dealers in the month of March 2016, Renault India have smashed their way into the 10k+ cars a month sales club, and have also taken the 5th spot on the sales table!

Source

Who said European (or even non-Asian, for that matter) mass-market car manufacturers cannot do well in India? Renault have just shattered that myth to smithereens!

Take a bow, Renault India!!!

The star of the show has to be the new K(w)id on the block, without a doubt! The car is such a success that the company's sales are surging forward at an admirable pace, despite all their other models facing a steady decline in numbers.

One can spot more and more Kwids on the road these days, and that can only be a good thing for Renault, for the car certainly looks more expensive than its price would suggest. Non-petrolheads find it difficult to believe that the Kwid costs just a couple of thousands more than the Alto, and a bit less than the Eon.

With the upcoming 1.0 litre engine & AMT option, the K(w)id is gearing itself up for a top 5 position on the monthly sales chart, after accomplishing the same for parent Renault. Let's not forget the new 1.0 litre 3-cylinder diesel engine that's being developed by Renault-Nissan, and what it can accomplish under the hood of the Kwid!

Last edited by RSR : 2nd April 2016 at 13:03.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks