Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2016, 20:56   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
You seem to be making a lot of car purchases. But do you really need the additional power for the Kwid, given that fact that you have many other cars in the stable for highway duties when required?
I had suggested dad to wait for 1.0 L Kwid. But he told me to get 800 CC saying no need for extra power for a car lighter than Nano. I am very happy with Kwid except for NVH and performance. I had old Alto K10 which was a pocket rocket .

Yes, there are other cars to satisfy my power hunger. My Grand i10 has totally transformed post TOT remap. But, whenever I drive my Kwid, I get disappointed. I will take a TD of 1.0 L Kwid. If there is good difference, I might consider it.
Old 18th August 2016, 01:49   #47
BANNED

Planning to book Kwid in a week time as our second car for local use. is there any info on the pricing of the 1 Ltr Kwid yet?
Old 18th August 2016, 11:22   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
Planning to book Kwid in a week time as our second car for local use. is there any info on the pricing of the 1 Ltr Kwid yet?
Official prices will only be disclosed on the launch date, but expect the price of the fully-loaded Kwid 1.0L RxT variant at around the Rs 3.99 lakh-mark, ex-showroom Delhi.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 11:51   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Official prices will only be disclosed on the launch date, but expect the price of the fully-loaded Kwid 1.0L RxT variant at around the Rs 3.99 lakh-mark, ex-showroom Delhi.
How much is the present ex showroom price of Kwid 800cc in Delhi.
There would be at least 50k inr difference between 1L and .8L, right?
Old 18th August 2016, 12:01   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How much is the present ex showroom price of Kwid 800cc in Delhi.
There would be at least 50k inr difference between 1L and .8L, right?

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-untitled.gif
(Link)

Maruti charges around 48,000 rupees difference between the same variants of it's Alto - 800 & K10.

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-k10.gif
The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-800.gif
(Link)

If Renault maintains this difference, it brings the Kwid 1.0L RxT price at about Rs 4.05 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

But, ideally, Renault would want to make the 1.0L version a bit more appealing at it's launch by dodging the 4 lac-boundary by a whisker and to appeal to the masses by proclaiming the proverbial "3.99 lacs" price tag.

Of course, they can always raise the prices once the car becomes a hit.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th August 2016 at 12:06.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 22:50   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Specifications of the Kwid 1.0L released by Renault India:

Engine Specs - 999cc, 3-cylinder, 12-valve
Power - 68PS @ 5500 RPM
Torque - 91Nm @ 4250 RPM
Transmission - 5 Forward + 1 Reverse, Manual
Mileage - 23.01 kmpl (for comparison, Alto K10 = 24.07 kmpl, Eon = 20.3 kmpl)
Variants - RxT, RxT(O)
Colour shades - Ice Cool White, Moonlight Silver, Planet Grey, Fiery Red & Outback Bronze (Same 5 options as the regular Kwid)
Launch - August 22, 2016

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-cqjowsgumaaxc0y.jpg
(Source)

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-cqjor7oueaau2ar.jpg
The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-cqjotx5ueaa5afk.jpg
(Source)

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-cqjn905xeaa8so0.jpg
The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-cqjohcwaae5rxk.jpg
(Source)

No passenger-side airbag or ABS will be on offer in the Kwid 1.0L "SCe" either.

The AMT version's launch will follow the 1.0L's launch very, very soon.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th August 2016 at 23:11.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 11:03   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

NDTV Auto's review of the Kwid 1.0L is up.

Excerpts:

Quote:
While on the subject of noise, overall NVH levels do seem to have improved. I probed the engineers on this in a post-drive interaction to find that the timing chain has been reworked, so has the clutch, and the engine mounts too - all making the car seem slightly quieter than the 0.8 Kwid. And the good news is these changes are being incorporated in the 0.8 variant too now, so expect that engine variant car to also get slightly quieter.

The final thing you notice soon enough is how much torque the engine has. Now I was so curious about this, that I actually pulled over to look at the specs again. Peak torque kicks in only at 4250 rpm. But it feels like you are getting a lot of it early on. Again the engineers let me into why. Almost 20 Nm of torque is in fact available almost at word go, with a generous percentage then being available as low down as 1500 rpm.

That allows for a good low-end and in turn great city driving characteristics. No frequent gear changes, and no stuttering of the engine - a symptom most entry cars owners usually have to live with. And that to me is why the Kwid 1.0 does help the nameplate retain absolute benchmark status. The car's handling and ride quality is exactly the same as the Kwid we know - hence a big USP. It also maintains its 180 mm ground clearance - a big plus. Gear changes are smooth and quick, and there is minimal vibration still on the gear lever and steering - again something the competition cars see a lot more of.

The only giveaways? 1.0-badged decals on the sides, and redesigned (slightly larger) exterior mirrors - finished in contrast silver. The new mirrors are better on visibility and the same shape (albeit unpainted in black plastic finish only) and will soon be introduced to the 0.8. For now it's just the 1.0 that gets them. This encourages me to expect a smaller price difference between the two variants then (as compared to an average of Rs 40,000 or so difference between the Alto 800 and K10 variants) since the differentiator is just powertrain and nothing else.
The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-cqlzrozxgaadds7.jpg

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-cql1loawyaa1ito.jpg

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-cqmrh5cwcaenkij.jpg

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-cqmkowcwiaeet37.jpg

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-cql0ml1wgaql9sg.jpg

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-cqmretmxeaaamt3.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th August 2016 at 11:06.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 14:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

The ACI review is also up:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-402802.aspx

Excerpts:

Quote:
The larger engine has improved the way the Kwid drives and has addressed its biggest weakness.

There are fewer vibrations and less of that low rev uneasiness. There is noticeably more power, so overtaking traffic in town is that bit easier and, ... Performance is good enough but the Alto K10 feels zestier.

Performance is good for city use and acceptable for long out-of-town drives as well... there’s a new-found feeling of confidence out on the highway too. The Kwid 1.0 cruises well enough and you don’t have to work the engine too hard to make your way past trucks either

There is maturity in the way it rides over bumps and even feels quite planted for what is a really light car. The steering is nice and light but it feels lifeless and lacks self centering.

... this is the version of the Kwid to buy and quite simply the best budget hatchback around.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 19th August 2016 at 14:51.
CARDEEP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 16:21   #54
BANNED

So the ORVM's are still not adjustable from the inside.!! Disappointed
ysak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 20:55   #55
BHPian

I am posting this on behalf of a close friend. He has booked the older Kwid few weeks ago, car has not been delivered yet. His questions are -
1) Can he change his booking to Kwid1.0L?
2) Will the change adversely impact his previous promised delivery timeline (which is already far off!)
Old 20th August 2016, 08:03   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
No passenger-side airbag or ABS will be on offer in the Kwid 1.0L "SCe" either.
That's not something I wanted to hear. Was perfect opportunity for Renault to add ABS at least, as this 1.0 L is debuting only on the top variant and they could have priced it accordingly.

Avoiding an accident is the best thing with most of our tin cans in both A and B segment. ABS would have helped immensely. And a necessity for the added power as the Kwid wasn't under powered even with 800 cc due to the very light build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
I am posting this on behalf of a close friend. He has booked the older Kwid few weeks ago, car has not been delivered yet. His questions are -
2) Will the change adversely impact his previous promised delivery timeline (which is already far off!)
Yes, he can easily change his booking. Just be polite and firm if the dealer isn't willing. And if the existing delivery date is already far away, I don't think changing to 1.0 L will delay it any further.

If anything, there is a chance for you to get the car earlier if Renault prioritize production of Kwid 1.0 over the current one. You may have to be a bit flexible with the colour.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 13:54   #57
BHPian

What I am actually interested is how this car stacks up against the Wagon R, Celerio and the Tiago whose segment its now entering. They have a much better image and space than Alto which was the earlier competitor. In comparison to Kwid, they also have a better engine and are Maruti, and looking at the expected Kwid prices ongoing discounts at Maruti, I feel the pricing will be close.

Expecting the Kwid to be priced at 4.1-4,3 lakhs it is awfully close to Celerio LXI(O) and VXI, and even VXI(O) at 4.5 lakhs after considering the discounts and the fact that it has all safety features, which makes it more confusing.
autorahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 22:55   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post

Hi, as per inside info, there is a provision to upgrade to 1.0l by paying the difference and priority is given to those who have been waiting for their 0.8l. And the deliveries will be first prioritised for those who upgrade. I hope I helped you
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 21:50   #59
BHPian

Renault could have made it more appealing and stand out from its competitors by giving this a proper 4 cylinder unit.
That could have also helped in further reduced NVH levels too.

But from a manufacturer's perspective, their logic makes sense.
When the competitors are selling 3 pot engines like hot cakes, why should Renault take the extra effort?

Quote:
So the ORVM's are still not adjustable from the inside.!!
Not surprised at all.

Even the segment leader Maruti is still doing this cheapness on some of their models.
I have never understood this logic.

For instance, they give front power-windows in Wagon R Lxi, but not even a simple basic stalk to adjust the ORVMs!
You have to roll down the window and extend your hands outside, to make any type of mirror adjustments.
May be they gave the front power windows just for this purpose- to ease out the burden of rolling down the window every time to adjust the mirrors!
Don't we all feel that internal mirror adjustment (atleast a manual stalk) is a basic feature that should be mandatory in this day and age?

But Maruti has not yet felt so.And since the market leader keeps doing this cheapness, others like Renault find it as a safe excuse to follow it!

Come on Manufacturers..This is not the way to cut costs.
It is downright silly and ridiculous!
These are basic necessities and not luxury features to be reserved for the higher variants only.

May be atleast in the 2025 facelift , we can expect a basic adjustment stalk in these models.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 08:43   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For those interested in watching the launch. So glad Renault chose YouTube (which is the default video platform) instead of some unknown 3rd party solution.

GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks