Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:35   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!

Prices (ex-showroom):

Kwid 1.0L RxT = Rs 3,82,776/-

Kwid 1.0L RxT (O) = Rs 3,95,776/-

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-8.jpg

Renault India country CEO, Mr Sumit Sawhney:

- Close to 80,000 Kwids running on Indian roads.

- Targetting 270 dealerships by 2016-end.

- 4.5% market share captured by Renault India so far.

- 6th in the automakers list in Indian auto scene in the first half of 2016.

- Pricing of the 1.0L variants is only 22,000 rupees over the equivalent 0.8L variants.

Other Highlights:

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-1.jpg

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-2.jpg

(Team-BHP is prominently mentioned in this slide - highlighted in a Green box by me)
The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-3.jpg

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-4.jpg

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-5.jpg

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-6.jpg

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-7.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd August 2016 at 12:44.
RavenAvi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:37   #62
BHPian

22,000/- more than the 0.8 L version. Renault has nailed it again. If they could ramp up the production, it may well get into the top three on the monthly sales charts.
mrbaddy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:44   #63
BHPian

Very good pricing. I just wish AMT will be as attractive. I am badly waiting for the AMT. If that is priced lesser to Alto K10 AMT then I am sure it will be a hit.

Only disappointment is no ABS and it appears even AMT will not get it.
penpavan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:50   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid 1.0L, AMT coming up in August 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
- Pricing of the 1.0L variants is only 22,000 rupees over the equivalent 0.8L variants.
Would there be any reason for them to continue with the 0.8L version of the RXT/RXT(O) variants, given such aggressive pricing? The only reason I see is to help fill in the multiples of 10k with a variant.

Also, are those hideous graphics on the side part of the production version? Based on these pictures, it appears to be so. I was hoping they were there only for branding purposes during the media drives.

Last edited by Zappo : 22nd August 2016 at 13:23. Reason: Typo + additional reply; The quoted post does not exist anymore.
arunphilip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:58   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid 1.0L, AMT coming up in August 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Also, are those hideous graphics on the side part of the production version? Based on these pictures, it appears to be so. I was hoping they were there only for branding purposes during the media drives.
Yes indeed, because that black-and-white chequered lower door decal is one of the two distinguishing factors of the 1.0L Kwid from the regular 0.8L versions (other being the silver-painted ORVM housings).

I personally would have preferred a subtle "1.0 SCe" badge on the rear though, instead of these 2 outlandish and flashy differentiators.

Also, I wonder what stopped them from offering an ABS equipped model at around 20,000 rupees extra, given that they have come out with such dynamite pricing. Could have made for a compelling option at the 4-lakh rupee mark for the customer.

Maybe they didn't want to lose on their VFM quotient for the Kwid.

Still, with a driver airbag and ABS at 4.16 lakhs, the Kwid could have been a fantastic deal.

Superb prices, but a missed opportunity I feel.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd August 2016 at 13:08.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 14:07   #66
BHPian

This is very neat pricing!
What Renault has done is touch nothing other than engine, and offered the same variant, at a premium of just 22K.
So, anyone who is planning to buy the top variant of Kwid would consider buying the 1.0L instead of 0.8L.
This, again falls well within the A segment pricing, and does not try to overlap with any of the B1 segment cars such as WagonR, Tiago etc. One could technically buy a B1 segment car at that price, but without any of the features offered by these variants.
With this, the sales of the Kwid is only going to go up!
The day does not seem to be far away before it catches up with Alto's sales.
Hope they release the AMT variants in both 0.8L and 1.0L - as the 0.8L AMT would be a unique offering in the segment.
Though Nano already has an AMT offering, it still does not fully cater to the first time car buyer. A Kwid with 0.8L AMT less than 3.5L could find a lot of new buyers at budget (even without the touchscreen nav).
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 14:10   #67
BHPian

Very good pricing. But definitely a missed opportunity by not providing ABS, esp given the kind of power the 1 ltr engine develops.

I was watching this space closely as an option for a replacement to my existing car, but the lack of ABS has killed my enthusiasm. Have faced a few sudden braking moments in the recent past, I realized i need a car with ABS.

I have a feeling it will do well in the market. But until they come out with a more safer variant, it is off my list.
DriverR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 14:15   #68
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Very good Pricing.

AMT?

This take the fight even more straight to Maruti.

Hope it does well. It is good to see an alternative succeed. Will encourage others to try for similar efforts in other categories.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 15:31   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh my sweet Lord! Just 22k difference.

My 0.8 Kwid RXT(O) is due last week of this month. Now I am confused if i should change the booking to 1.0 litre or just go ahead with the 0.8.
Old 22nd August 2016, 15:36   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Oh my sweet Lord! Just 22k difference.

My 0.8 Kwid RXT(O) is due last week of this month. Now I am confused if i should change the booking to 1.0 litre or just go ahead with the 0.8.
Boss, leave everything and rush to your dealership to make the change. From what I've heard, its a far superior engine.
Eddy is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 15:37   #71
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm pleasantly surprised with the pricing. Given the Kwid's success, Renault had a chance to price the 1 liter variant higher, but they didn't. Total VFM.

Quote:
CHANGE!

Vid6639 has driven the Kwid 1.0 and his review will be up next week. However, I can tell you that it's superior to the 0.8L in every which way. There is no contest. In fact, I'll go a step further and say this = With a premium of merely Rs. 22,000, there is no reason to buy the 0.8L at all.

How much is it in EMI terms anyway? Less than the cost of a nice dinner a month.
GTO is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 15:47   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
Hope they release the AMT variants in both 0.8L and 1.0L - as the 0.8L AMT would be a unique offering in the segment.
A Kwid with 0.8L AMT less than 3.5L could find a lot of new buyers at budget (even without the touchscreen nav).
It's already confirmed that the 5-speed "EasyR" AMT transmission will be paired to the 1.0L Kwid variant(s). (link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
I have a feeling it will do well in the market.
They are catering to the masses and bringing the fight to the country's leading carmaker in a segment which was once it's sole domain.

80,000 Kwids in less than a year speaks volumes about how the car has hit the right tones with the customers.

I don't think they will provide ABS in even the AMT variant(s). A price near the Alto K10 AGS could be the sole target for Renault India.

Quote:
My suggestion - 22,000 rupees is peanuts. Change the booking pronto and get the car with the bigger, better, more sprightly engine.

See if the dealership can allot you a car from the first batch of 1.0L Kwids itself.

Do it. Now!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd August 2016 at 15:49.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 17:07   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Boss, leave everything and rush to your dealership to make the change. From what I've heard, its a far superior engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

CHANGE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

My suggestion - 22,000 rupees is peanuts. Change the booking pronto and get the car with the bigger, better, more sprightly engine.

See if the dealership can allot you a car from the first batch of 1.0L Kwids itself.

Do it. Now!
I have changed the booking to 1.0 Kwid RXT(O). They simply needed a written confirmation of the change. Surprisingly the dealership people were happy about the change in booking and they have promised me delivery from the first lot.

Mine would be the first ownership review of kwid 1.0 in teamBHP if that happens.

Thank you Eddy, GTO and Raven_Avi

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 22nd August 2016 at 17:10. Reason: typo
PrasannaDhana is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 17:14   #74
BHPian

Comparison : Renault Kwid 1.0 Vs Tata Tiago Vs Maruti Alto K10 Vs Hyundai Eon Vs Datsun Go

Inevitable Comparison:

Renault Kwid 1.0 Vs Tata Tiago Vs Maruti Alto K10 Vs Hyundai Eon Vs Datsun Go

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-capture.jpg

Source
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 18:14   #75
BHPian

Re: Comparison : Renault Kwid 1.0 Vs Tata Tiago Vs Maruti Alto K10 Vs Hyundai Eon Vs Datsun Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Inevitable Comparison:

Renault Kwid 1.0 Vs Tata Tiago Vs Maruti Alto K10 Vs Hyundai Eon Vs Datsun Go
Should we really put Tiago in this category? Even Renault would not have thought about it! This is the typical problem with sites like Rushlane. They have no idea what to compare with. Just create an article and try to grab eyeballs. Sad part is lots of people who have not much idea in cars will get wrong Impression and get misled
RaghuVis is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks