Team-BHP - The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/171770-mahindra-xuv300-aka-ssangyong-tivoli-edit-launched-7-9-lakhs-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterjim13 (Post 4432826)
This looks more like a Ssangyong Tivoli - being tested under Mahindra badge. Are you sure this is a Kia - as I could not find any relevant signage with KIA around ?

The G coding and camouflage seems to be that of Tivoli. For reference, the below pic is of Mahindra's CUV based on Ssyangyong Tivoli,

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-tiv.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4432832)
The G coding and camouflage seems to be that of Tivoli. For reference, the below pic is of Mahindra's CUV based on Ssyangyong Tivoli,

Attachment 1783307

The coding are of course difference except for the "G" in the code.

But do you mean to say that the one is a KIA Stonic - I though it should be way shorter than what it looks like in the picture.

NOTE: I havent yet seen a Stonic or a Tivoli as yet - my opinions are purely based on the what I have been reading across online / magazines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterjim13 (Post 4432841)
The coding are of course difference except for the "G" in the code.

The alphabet G is what I meant, Numbers could denote the iterations of the prototypes.

This to me is the CUV from Mahindra's.:)

My bet is on the Tivoli since the car seems to be almost ready with black alloys(top end). Even if KIA were to test a new product, I doubt it will look so complete so soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMG Power (Post 4432813)
Spotted the sub 4 metre being-developed-for-India Kia SP / Kia Stonic Derivate heavily disguised.

Thought the SP concept was going to be Creta rival - and not a sub-4m model. That was mentioned during the Expo.

Mahndra's compact UV to be feature rich - Now spied with sunroof!

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-mahindrasuvspytatanexonmarutibrezzarival2.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-mahindrasuvmarutibrezzarival.jpg

Link

MPV pushed into production and they were to make 80 last month, 1500 this month and then about 8000 in the coming two months- so thats the plan. Launch of that should happen August end, once they have enough to showcase at all their dealerships at the minimum.
The 201/Tivoli lost the battle in the boardroom goes into production sometime in Aug- end/September, and should be in showrooms around Dassera. Though its ready for going on the production line- there is no factory time available for it.
The Fortuner- competitor (XUV700?) is Q1 2019.... or maybe as late as Q2 also as indigenisation of parts is taking forever.

So much for good quality gossip and fun stuff.

Hatchback or a SUV ? Mahindra calls it a SUV. Launching soon, the car arrives at dealerships!

Reminds me of Swift ( Rear view) in these pics:)

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-2018mahindrasuvtatanexonmarutibrezzarivaldealer2.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-2018mahindrasuvtatanexonmarutibrezzarivaldealer3.jpg

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4435832)
Hatchback or a SUV ? Mahindra calls it a SUV.

Reminds me of the Swift / Fabia. Will struggle to be identified as an SUV in the Indian context.

Attachment 1784049

Attachment 1785011

Both the tail-lamp designs are different in the pictures posted above?

Quote:

Hatchback or a SUV ? Mahindra calls it a SUV. Launching soon, the car arrives at dealerships!

Attachment 1785011

Attachment 1785012

Link

Intrigued why a low loader is trying to load/unload this brand new car? Is it right outside a dealership? This is the first view of a non-camoed vehicle on IN roads, right?

Quote:

Attachment 1785011

Attachment 1785012

Link

If this is arriving at the dealerships, why are we seeing the test mules with re-designed tail lamps ? This looks like a stock Tivoli design. Am i missing something ? Are we going to see a sub-4m and normal Tivoli launching together ?

I would have preferred the Mahindra design on this better.

The vehicles in #156 and #158 cannot be the same, there are differences in Tail Light design, Rear Reflector placement and number, the camouflaged test mule has a Roof Spoiler with HMSL, while the unloading car has no roof spoiler and has Rear Washer above the HMSL. This may be the Ssangyong Tivoli without badging and not the S201 as speculated.

The Cartoq.com news article (link - https://www.cartoq.com/maruti-brezza...ut-camouflage/) compares it with the KUV100.

Quote:

From the looks of it, the S201 seems more like the KUV100 in terms of styling rather than the properly butch TUV300.
When KUV100 was launched back in January 2016, I had put up this update on my facebook page:-
The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-1.jpg

Guess people have started to look through the lenses of my eyes... :uncontrol

[quote=volkman10;4435832]
I have a rather dumb question- what car is this? This does not match earlier spyshots of the Tivoli.
The production of the Tivoli has not yet started... on some other post, I wrote about the Marazzo (anytime now- (Aug W4/September W2) and the Dassera launch (or little thereafter) of the Tivoli.
Very interesting, will be folllowing this thread/post in particular.

[quote=Hammer & Anvil;4436947]
Quote:

I have a rather dumb question- what car is this? This does not match earlier spyshots of the Tivoli.

Although the company has not given us a clear idea about the s201 model. I think the one with the wraparound tail lights is the Vitara Brezza rival while the recent undisguised car looks like the face-lift Ssangyong Tivoli which is almost 4.2 meters in length more likely is the Creta rival.