Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2018, 18:00   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs

Mahindra XUV300 top variant spied inside out – Maruti Brezza rival loaded with features
Spied on test, the new Mahindra compact SUV is reportedly called XUV300, aka baby XUV500. Images credit - Shashank. (Source)

Mahindra is actively testing the Tivoli-based S201 compact SUV in India. It is scheduled for launch in early 2019. Recently, the car was spied inside out; revealing the interiors for the first time.

Thanks to these new spy shots, one can clearly see that the dashboard, steering wheel, touchscreen system, manual gearbox, instrument panel, storage spaces, bottle holders, charging ports, AC vents, etc.

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-mahindraxuv300spyinsideoutsidelaunchprice2450x300.jpg

Based on the SsangYong Tivoli which was showcased at the Auto Expo, the XUV300 will be powered by a small capacity 1.2 liter petrol engine which it will share with Ford for an upcoming SUV. It will also get a 1.5 liter diesel engine from the Marazzo.

It may be recalled that Ford is working in association with Mahindra for developing SUVs and an electric vehicle. This association was announced earlier this year and the first products from this partnership are slated to enter markets by 2020.

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-mahindraxuv300spyinsideoutsidelaunchprice1.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 has been designed and developed at the Mahindra Research Valley in Chennai. It will include dual zone climate control, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, an electric sunroof, rear parking camera.

Mahindra could also install a SatVav system in the XUV300. Safety features among which will be best in class 6 airbags, traction control, hill hold assist and cruise control. Where pricing of the Mahindra S201 is concerned, it could come in at a starting price of Rs 7 lakhs going upward to Rs.11 lakhs for the top end variant.
AdityaDeane is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 20:09   #212
BHPian

Spotted today in Moradabad, en route to Lucknow from Nasik.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-b5ff7d771d9b46b9af4f4bf3a2fe8b69.jpeg  

Fulcrum is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 08:01   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Mahindra XUV300 top variant spied inside out – Maruti Brezza rival loaded with features
Spied on test, the new Mahindra compact SUV is reportedly called XUV300, aka baby XUV500. Images credit - Shashank. (Source)
Fee fi fo fum, I smell a Creta in there!

OT, M&M has surely come a very long way in terms of fit and finish.
wild child is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 12:38   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Fee fi fo fum, I smell a Creta in there!

OT, M&M has surely come a very long way in terms of fit and finish.
Completely agree. M&M has surely come a very long way.

I wish M&M vehicles had better grille. For some reason it looks quirky and Amateurish. Is that all M&M got when they have Pininfarina in hand?
The Rexton in the original grille looks more mature than the M&M Grille.
Old 5th December 2018, 16:16   #215
Senior - BHPian

This vehicle looks very promising and Mahindra seems to be heading in the right direction with it. Regarding the transmission, I read somewhere that it will get an AMT. Is this true?

I guess it would be at par (transmission wise) with the competition barring the Ecosport which sports a conventional 6 speed torque converter.
Old 5th December 2018, 16:52   #216
BHPian

Considering Bangalore's traffic the interior of a car is something that should matter as you spend more time looking at it than the road. Beige interior again? I hope its just a test mule. Is a beige interior in any way cheaper to produce? A black interior might add more character to this - the UK spec Tivoli has a black interior that looks great. too bad we won't get similar engines??
Old 7th December 2018, 10:07   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrmchauhan View Post
Considering Bangalore's traffic the interior of a car is something that should matter as you spend more time looking at it than the road. Beige interior again? I hope its just a test mule. Is a beige interior in any way cheaper to produce? A black interior might add more character to this - the UK spec Tivoli has a black interior that looks great. too bad we won't get similar engines??
Hi vkrmchauhan,

It is not about the beige interiors being cheaper to produce. Till about 10-15 years back, beige interiors were found only in the premium spectrum, in the likes of Mercedes, BMW and High end Toyotas. Most of the cars other than these came with black/Grey interiors. Vast majority of the Indian public took to the colour beige as premium offering. Bagging this opportunity, Manufacturers in the mass market started adopting beige as an interior colour so as to "SEEM" Premium and the trend still follows.

Baring us, a few enthusiasts, who consider black as a sporty/Characteristic colour, the mass still considers beige as premium and superior over black. Mahindra must have taken this decision keeping that the larger sect as target audience in mind.
Old 12th December 2018, 15:06   #218
BHPian

Why is this launch getting delayed?

What is the probability that this has gone to GNCAP and asked for expedited testing to show 5 star safety?
Old 12th December 2018, 15:19   #219
Senior - BHPian

This car was expected to be a Creta competitor however Mahindras seem to have shrunk it to sub-4m for the price advantage.

Reading articles that the car comes loaded to the brim with 17 inchers, 7 airbags, cruise control, sun-roof and also Marazzo engine. Assuming even the AMT the car should definitely sell well.

While the car still appears wide and must be spacious for sure, i am wondering if they can manage to free up a boot space above 350ltr. Creta itself has only 400 ltr space even though it is around 200 mm longer than brezza. Somehow the boot space is never captured in any of the scoops !!
Old 12th December 2018, 15:36   #220
BHPian

Am on the lookout for an automatic for wifey and safety is a priority. Had shortlisted the Nexon AMT but decided to wait it out for this announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
... 7 airbags ...
I sincerely hope they work in the event of a crash. Remember the XUV 500 incident?
Old 12th December 2018, 15:49   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Am on the lookout for an automatic for wifey and safety is a priority. Had shortlisted the Nexon AMT but decided to wait it out for this announcement.

I sincerely hope they work in the event of a crash. Remember the XUV 500 incident?
I suggest waiting as the launch seems very near.

Coming to airbags, same can happen with any car and i am sure every such incident will require root cause analysis and suitable explanation will come out too.
I have heard similar stories with Toyota, VW as well so why just doubt M&M ?
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 16:03   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I suggest waiting as the launch seems very near.

Coming to airbags, same can happen with any car and i am sure every such incident will require root cause analysis and suitable explanation will come out too.
I have heard similar stories with Toyota, VW as well so why just doubt M&M ?
Agree that I might have missed those articles in tbhp. The M&M case was well documented and hence the bias. Always wondered why such cases should even happen today as this technology is quite mature.

Kudos to M&M if they bring in 7 airbags, would be a welcome change (especially at the entry level variants). Or maybe introduce as an O pack like Brezza did with Ldi(0), VDi(O). Cant cost more than 50-60k anyways.
Old 13th December 2018, 11:41   #223
BHPian

On my regular commute last night in Mumbai, I was bit surprised to see the new Mahindra S201 being tested in heavy evening traffic on western express highway. My first impressions were the car looked beefy in person, very similar dimensions as the Brezza. The interiors looked well-proportioned with a bright touchscreen unit in centre. Beautiful tail lights, chunky tyres, nice alloys and the vehicle had good road presence to be noticed by commuters all around, especially due to the camouflage. It was being driven safely but spiritedly and I could notice no struggle whatsoever to get momentum on the flyover inclines as compared to other vehicles in the scene. It sped away effortlessly on whatever open stretches were available

Personally I liked the rear and side profiles but the front profile didn’t impress me as much.

Pardon the shaky phone camera and weird angles as I shot the footage with Oneplus phone tucked in shirt pocket as I was on my scooter.
Disclaimer: I stopped at the roadside to start/stop the video recording and ensured not to operate the phone while riding, being mindful for safety of self and others on road.

Last edited by camitesh : 13th December 2018 at 11:48. Reason: Added disclaimer
camitesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 16:58   #224
BHPian

Autocar reports S201's market name to be revealed on Dec. 18.
Every other detail remains shared earlier.
anthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 08:10   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Will it be named XUV3OO / Inferno / ?, to be known tomorrow.

Here is another video showing the C/SUV,

volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks