Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2019, 09:26   #346
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Top end Nexon and Brezza costs 9.66 and 9.83L respectively for their manual versions.

XUV 3OO top end gets -

1. 7 airbags
2. Sunroof
3. All wheel disc brakes.
4. Dual Zone climate control
5. Front parking sensors.

Near 11L ex-showroom is justified IMO, 12L is pushing things way too far! Thats Creta 1.4 diesel territory.
Top variant should also come with ESP, TC etc. Even though it is sub 4 meter car, space seems to be not too far behind the Creta. Top end variant of the 300 may be preferred over basic Creta variant by many (at least I will)
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 12:15   #347
BHPian

IMHO, Mahindra is bang on with the pricing of XUV 3OO. Obviously, as customers, we want the price below a particular point. It is clear from the videos shared, the scoop pictures and the information provided by Mahindra that the top-spec variant of XUV3OO W8(O) will come with the following specifications/features:
  1. 1.5 liter Diesel Engine with 300 Nm torque most probably with 120~125 hp
  2. 7 Airbags with a Knee airbag ,
  3. Disc Brakes on 4 wheels
  4. Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP)
  5. ABS (Anti Lock Braking System)
  6. EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution)
  7. BA (Brake Assist)
  8. TCS (Traction Control System)
  9. Front Parking Sensors
  10. Steering Guide
  11. Dual Zone Climate Control
  12. Steering Modes
  13. Seatbelts with Pretensioners
  14. 8 Inch Infotainment Unit
  15. Height Adjustable Seat Belts
  16. Adjustable rear Headrest
  17. Projector Headlights for Low Beam and Reflector for High Beam

Features that might be there: cooled glovebox and rear ac.
Considering all the features available, 12 Lacs is a good price.

Last edited by sunilsoft : 10th January 2019 at 12:17.
Old 10th January 2019, 12:33   #348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Now if we compare this with Eco sport 'S' variant that has 6 airbags, Sun roof, 17-inch wheels, Mahindra has the opportunity to price it closer to 12 lacs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Top variant should also come with ESP, TC etc.

Top end variant of the 300 may be preferred over basic Creta variant by many (at least I will)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
IMHO, Mahindra is bang on with the pricing of XUV 3OO.
On second thought - valid points. Have to agree.

Also some weightage to be given for the 'XUV' brand as well!

Mahindra has done well to keep the XUV 5OO brand alive and desirable for the public still after so many years (shows in sales) - and positioning the Tivoli as a small 'XUV' should really appeal to the market.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th January 2019 at 12:43.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 13:47   #349
BHPian

But, how many Ecosport S are being sold? For that matter, how many Ecosports are being sold? People think Ecosport is not value for money and it shows in the recent sales trends. Will Mahindra be happy with that kind of numbers? Remember that Ecosport is no slouch as far as brand value goes. But, given the recent trends with Mahindra, I am quite sure they will price is very optimistically.
Old 10th January 2019, 16:14   #350
BHPian

Quote:
XUV 3OO top end gets -

1. 7 airbags
2. Sunroof
3. All wheel disc brakes.
4. Dual Zone climate control
5. Front parking sensors.
None of which the average 10L buyer in India wants or needs.

If they have to sell, they will have to undercut the Brezza by a decent margin. If they have to cut features to do that, they should.

Quote:
Also some weightage to be given for the 'XUV' brand as well!
Well, the similarity in names could not save the TUV300 and KUV100. Retaining the 'X' is not going to perform any miracles. Even if they call it XUV500 lite, I guess they would be able to sell many.

Last edited by civic-sense : 10th January 2019 at 16:19.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 17:40   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
None of which the average 10L buyer in India wants or needs.

If they have to sell, they will have to undercut the Brezza by a decent margin. If they have to cut features to do that, they should.

Well, the similarity in names could not save the TUV300 and KUV100. Retaining the 'X' is not going to perform any miracles. Even if they call it XUV500 lite, I guess they would be able to sell many.
Not really, I feel that things like 7 airbags and all wheel disc brakes are critical and customers would want them even in a 12 Lacs car.
Even cars in higher segments like our Jeep Compass even did not offer 7 airbags in the Ltd 4x2 version.
An XUV 300 with 7 airbags will hurt even the JC badly in sales and the already flagging 1200 numbers will fall to below 1000 units eventually - with the onslaught of the XUV300, the Nissan Kicks and also the Harrier, all of which will undercut the Jeep Compass by a substantial amount. Also inspite of undercutting if they offer higher safety features , it is a boon for the customer.

Last edited by Behemoth : 10th January 2019 at 17:41.
Behemoth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 18:52   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Not really, I feel that things like 7 airbags and all wheel disc brakes are critical and customers would want them even in a 12 Lacs car.
Even cars in higher segments like our Jeep Compass even did not offer 7 airbags in the Ltd 4x2 version.
An XUV 300 with 7 airbags will hurt even the JC badly in sales and the already flagging 1200 numbers will fall to below 1000 units eventually - with the onslaught of the XUV300, the Nissan Kicks and also the Harrier, all of which will undercut the Jeep Compass by a substantial amount. Also inspite of undercutting if they offer higher safety features , it is a boon for the customer.
Case in point, the Toyota Yaris. 7 airbags against in all variants against the Ciaz, City and Verna.

Fortuner with drums in the rear used to continuously outsell competition for years even in the 20L+ segment.

Average buyer in the 10L segment does not even know the difference between a disc and a drum let alone the need for curtain and knee airbags.
civic-sense is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 08:32   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Case in point, the Toyota Yaris. 7 airbags against in all variants against the Ciaz, City and Verna.

Fortuner with drums in the rear used to continuously outsell competition for years even in the 20L+ segment.

Average buyer in the 10L segment does not even know the difference between a disc and a drum let alone the need for curtain and knee airbags.
Agreed than an average uninformed buyer may not value 7 Airbags or all around discs, but such a buyer can always opt for a lower variant.

I don't think 7 Airbags are standard, they will in all probabilities be present on W8(O) or W8 at max. At least Mahindra is giving an option to those who value these things and are ready to put additional money.

I respect Ford for giving all these things as an option. Ford may not be selling Eco Sport in large numbers, but i am sure there are other reasons as well for their lower sales.
tarik.arora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 09:10   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
I respect Ford for giving all these things as an option. Ford may not be selling Eco Sport in large numbers, but i am sure there are other reasons as well for their lower sales.
Indeed. The main drawbacks of Ecosport are rear seat shoulder room(this is No.1), lack of diesel AT(not much but still lately this is getting popular in Tier 1 cities), low petrol mileage specially in AT guise(seen a few prefer nexon AMT due to this reason) and ofcourse overtime it has become expensive. Sadly its strengths i.e. the build and safety are still not valued in our market as much as perceived Maruti's peace of mind & low-cost ownership and hence the dismal numbers.

Coming to XUV3OO, looks like an all out effort from Mahindra to shake up the sub 4m compact UV market. They failed with Quanto and TUV3OO too couldn't keep up, this one though seems much better effort. And solely on whatever data we have now, looks like a strong contender to challenge Nexon & Ecosport. I doubt Brezza customers consider anything else anyways, so that won't be affected

On pricing, well, all the offerings have anyways become pretty expensive overtime and I believe Mahindra has enough room to play around. Undercutting the Ecosport & keeping it at par with Nexon till W8(2 airbag variants) should do for now. And ofcourse the W8(O) with all the additional safety features can be priced slightly undercutting Ecosport S i.e. around 11.5L INR giving it the VFM image right from the word go. Once people start trusting the product they can go ahead and increase the prices gradually just like what they did with XUV5OO or Toyota did with Innova

And with Marazzo securing 4 stars already, I wont be surprised if this one goes one up and gets a 5 star safety rating, considering all 4 discs, 7 airbags etc active safety features.

Last edited by SoumenD : 11th January 2019 at 09:28.
SoumenD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 14:15   #355
BHPian

The XUV300 will be available in 6 exciting colors: Sunburst Orange, Red rage, Aqua marine, Napoli black, Pearl white, Dsat silver
sunilsoft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 01:17   #356
BHPian

Has anyone used Coupon codes, while booking XUV300? What kind of coupons are these, and will there be any reduction in the booking amount?

Any tentative timeline for the Automatic version launch?
Old 12th January 2019, 11:35   #357
BHPian

Very sad that this one doesn't have an AT. I'm not sure why all manufacturers come with that option the first time. TATA is doing the same with Harrier as well.
Old 12th January 2019, 12:19   #358
BHPian

The XUV3OO is a decent product as a package and will be a good alternative to the Brezza. How Mahindra positions it, seems to be seen. Along TUV3OO or above it?

What could've been done better?
- Headlights and taillights synergy. Seems two different teams working on it without seeing each other! The sharp edges didn't make it to the rear. Apart from that it'll appeal to both urban and rural markets.
- Interiors are decent enough but compared to the floating touch panels this seems a couple of years old. To add to the age is the silver finish on the buttons on the center console and steering wheel. Eventually it wears off on use and black is revealed.
- Light color interiors has takers and haters. Getting a dark contrasting seat covers is an option (aftermarket)
- Flat bottom steering could break the monotony
- Diesel engine seems to be a winner on paper and in Marazzo. But is it BS6 ready?
- Petrol and Mahindra relationships never flourish. Minority takers. Even an electric mill would sell from Mahindra.
- AT is in the pipeline. AMT from TUV3OO had initial issues. What are the speculations? Obviously Tivoli has an AT globally. Will it come eventually, is what needs to be seen.

This could be a winner up Mahindra's sleeves.

Drive safe
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 12:55   #359
BHPian

Is XUV300 going to be heavily build as TUV300?

I guess, Mahindra is the only OEM which has total three offerings in sub 4 m segment. (TUV300, NuvoSport, XUV300)

I hope XUV300, will give tough competition to the Brezza. Mahindra should get at least 4 star GNCAP safety rating for XUV300.

Last edited by RedStallion : 12th January 2019 at 13:07.
Old 14th January 2019, 22:40   #360
BHPian

Moneycontrol.com has reported that the XUV300 will be launched tomorrow. Is it an error or Mahindra has advanced the launch by a month? Actual launch was supposed to be 15th February.

Mahindra XUV300 launch on January 15: Source: Moneycontrol.com.

The news was last updated at 15:48 on 14th January, 2019.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks