Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2019, 21:47   #646
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Is anyone else seeing a Mini Cooper/Countryman side profile in the XUV3OO towards the rear portion or is it only me?
Yes it does resemble the Mini cooper a bit. The Tivoli on which it is based had a even higher semblance. The looks have been toned down a bit by the large tail lamps which Mahindra has changed.
Old 7th February 2019, 22:31   #647
BHPian

Most of the reviewers are impressed with the Ride and Handling of XUV 300. A great step forward indeed.

All wheel disc breaks and supreme braking is another strong point. The diesel engine is ofcourse the icing on the cake.
Are we witnessing a Mahindra for the enthusiast?

When I went to take testdrive of Ford Aspire Diesel, the sales executive specified that grab handles aren't present as there are 6 airbags on offer, but I can see grab handles on the XUV 300 ( they are release and fold type). I doubt that whether the grab handles were skipped for cost cutting on the name of safety in the Aspire.
Please throw some light on this.
Old 7th February 2019, 23:00   #648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Charger View Post
Watched a whole bunch of videos and not a single one of them mentioned if XUV 300 has a tilt and telescope or only tilt steering...
Remember watching a review that only tilt is available.

Last edited by theMAG : 8th February 2019 at 01:40. Reason: Quoted content trimmed for readability.
Old 8th February 2019, 01:28   #649
BANNED

* The current in-gear timings benchmark is Figo D, which sadly is not on sale currently. If this thing beats it in the in-gear timings, it makes a point to pick one up, else it makes little sense to pick the W8 at INR 12 lakh + OTR when the Figo Titanium with minimal discounts can be grabbed for INR 8.3 lakh.

* Plonking INR Rs 4.5L over the Figo D T does not make the cut.

* 300 Nm for sure, but none of the reviews calls it a beast and none has called it is a Figo beater, this is the way that I look at this product.

* Numbers alone do not mean everything, the way it is delivered matters the most.

* Heck, right before the Freestyle launch Figo D T was available at INR 7.1 OTR NCR. Add to it, I picked my Hexa XE is Aug 2017 at INR 12.75 lakh OTR.

* A black Figo still turns heads around, Freestyle Black doesn't come close with the claddings and weirdo Interior color.

Last edited by theMAG : 8th February 2019 at 01:53. Reason: Poor readability - multiple grammatical, formatting and typographical errors corrected.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 09:58   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Is anyone else seeing a Mini Cooper/Countryman side profile in the XUV3OO towards the rear portion or is it only me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yes it does resemble the Mini cooper a bit.
I definitely see shades of the Mini Cooper in all the reviews online, especially when the car is videoed from the rear three quarter angle. The squat and meaty rear stance is really nice, and with the dual tone colour scheme with white roof, it certainly resembles a Mini Cooper.
Old 8th February 2019, 09:58   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
* The current in-gear timings benchmark is Figo D, which sadly is not on sale currently. If this thing beats it in the in-gear timings,....

I don't think this is a fair comparison. Agreed Figo is a sporty vehicle, but a size smaller than XUV 300 with engine of similar capacity. Besides, Figo is designed with a sporty dynamics in mind, and a lower GC, while Mahindra has attempted an all rounder. The XUV-300 (I wish they had given it a proper name, 'Cheetah' would've been a lot better) has its drawbacks, but brings a lot of positives to the table. Biggest of them all is that it will push the other players to up their game. Good times ahead for the discerning buyer.
2cents is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 18:00   #652
BHPian

According to Autocar India, XUV 3OO gets 4000 bookings. Seems to be a good start.

Source:
http://https://www.autocarindia.com/...ookings-411456
CarGuy_DM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 19:24   #653
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuy_DM View Post
According to Autocar India, XUV 3OO gets 4000 bookings. Seems to be a good start.
Interesting - It's exactly been a month since pre-bookings opened. So the figure is good indeed, given the premium pricetag that is being speculated.

That said - Hope Mahindra does not get overconfident with the launch. A good pricetag, even if introductory, goes a long way to establish the product in the market.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 20:37   #654
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
people rarely travel full-load. So, the 5 seat-belts are not going to be useful.
Sigh.. I wonder why the other cars in this segment (and below) even provide a lap belt, so unnecessary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
I wish Mahindra had brought in the full-length Tivoli and pitched it against Scross and Creta. That would have been a perfect practical vehicle.
I agree! they would have retained the original Tivoli's dimensions and got it against the Creta. In the current guise the rear looks a bit like chopped off, and also huge compromise on the boot space.
Old 8th February 2019, 20:46   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I agree! they would have retained the original Tivoli's dimensions and got it against the Creta. In the current guise the rear looks a bit like chopped off, and also huge compromise on the boot space.
That would have clashed with M&Ms own XUV5OO which is positioned as a premium crossover and rival for the Creta
Old 9th February 2019, 01:21   #656
BHPian

I noticed gap between rear seats in a video. Does this mean the rear seats can slide to increase the boot space? I also remember there was a rumour saying XUV300's rear seats can slide but no reviewer has mentioned it. Will someone please throw some light on this?
Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-screenshot_20190201230727.png  

Old 9th February 2019, 02:27   #657
Team-BHP Support

Was just having a quick comparison with respect to the top end Nexon XZ+, and even the W8 variant leaves the TATA CSUV hopelessly under-equipped, forget the W8(o).

Advantage Nexon over XUV 3OO-
  • Rear a/c vents.
  • Cooled glovebox
  • Parcel Tray

Advantage W8 over Nexon XZ+
  • Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
  • 4 wheel disc brakes
  • Hill Start Assist (HSA)
  • 3 point middle row belt + headrests
  • Heated ORVMs
  • Auto Headlamps
  • Auto Wipers
  • Dual zone climate control
  • Leather wrapped steering
  • Cruise Control
  • Seat Belt Reminder for all 5 seats

Advantage W8(o) additional over above -
  • Knee, Curtain & Side Airbags
  • Leather seats
  • Auto Dimming IRVMs
  • TPMS
  • Front Parking Sensors
  • Sunroof

Nexon XZ+ is priced at 9.89L for the diesel manual, and 9.02L for the petrol manual. Now I'm seriously wondering if they will price the XUV 3OO Diesel W8 variant within 10L, or will it inch closer to 11L. In that case - would the W8(o) Diesel be 12.5 thereabouts? The top end diesel Ecosport 1.5 S diesel is 11.89L ex-showroom Delhi.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th February 2019 at 02:54.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 10:43   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was just having a quick comparison with respect to the top end Nexon XZ+, and even the W8 variant leaves the TATA CSUV hopelessly under-equipped, forget the W8(o).

Advantage Nexon over XUV 3OO-
  • Rear a/c vents.
  • Cooled glovebox
  • Parcel Tray
Nexon XZ+ is priced at 9.89L for the diesel manual, and 9.02L for the petrol manual. Now I'm seriously wondering if they will price the XUV 3OO Diesel W8 variant within 10L, or will it inch closer to 11L. In that case - would the W8(O) Diesel be 12.5 thereabouts? The top end diesel Ecosport 1.5 S diesel is 11.89L ex-showroom Delhi.
  • The Nexon has a practical 350L of boot-space.
  • 5 Star Crash test - published.
  • It has a well calibrated AMT automatic.
Being priced below ₹10Lakh Ex-Showroom makes a substantial 5-6% price difference due to lower Road Tax (in Karnataka), absence of TCS & slightly lower insurance premiums.

Price wise, M&M will surely keep the W6 variant well below 10L (~9.5L) as the only major positive about it is the 300NM of torque. 3-4 years down the line, when people get bored of the cars features/shortfalls, it's this strong torque that is usually appreciated.

Also I guess a large number of people could reconsider the TUV300 that'll be standing next to the XUV300 when they see the 380L boot space it offers - with the same 1.5L engine.

Anyway, I guess after 4-5 days things will be clear.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 9th February 2019 at 10:46.
GrammarNazi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 11:45   #659
Senior - BHPian

TUV300 compact comes with a 3cylinder 1.5litre wheras the XUV300's 1.5 litre engine is a four cylinder unit like the Marazzo.
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 11:50   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Now I'm seriously wondering if they will price the XUV 3OO Diesel W8 variant within 10L, or will it inch closer to 11L. In that case - would the W8(o) Diesel be 12.5 thereabouts?
XUV300 will slot between Brezza/Nexon and the Creta.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks