Team-BHP - The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/171770-mahindra-xuv300-aka-ssangyong-tivoli-edit-launched-7-9-lakhs-52.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by daf23 (Post 4544711)
I don't disagree with your statement but of the three cars mentioned, I feel Ecosport to be better proportioned and this view is highly subjective :)

And probably the most claustrophobic with a hemmed in feeling. Form and function are at a perennial conflict. Ecosport has stayed almost the same for all its life.

Pricing is off by around 50k or so, IMO. Excellent product with solid underpinnings, looks, performance, interiors, ride/handling balance, and features. Product on product - most likely the best car in the segment. I don't think Tata and Mahindra service is bad either. Ticks all the boxes other than pricing. Can't price same as Ford without the same quality and reliability.

One can see value in the XUV300 package at the announced prices, but it's no steal. It will also be interesting to see if there is a price correction upwards or downwards (read offers) in the near future.

The challenge facing the XUV is that the competition will find it a lot easier to repackage their compact SUVs with additional features, vis a vis Mahindra having to engineer a bigger boot.

Long time back, the few years I spent on the sales floor the hierarchy of a customer's touch and feel experience goes like this, drivers seat, rear seat and then the boot. Everything else comes after, incl. features and a test drive.

300's diver's seat will be an impressive experience but that boot would be hard-sell for most sales folk. For prospective customers upgrading from a hatchback/small sedan, that boot is not an upgrade and in many cases a downsize. In India this matters a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra (Post 4544518)
XUV300 Pricing

Ecosport S Diesel is priced @ 11.89 & the XUV 300 W8 (O) is 11.99, for the additional 10K one gets more power/torque, knee airbag & front parking sensors, Dual zone ACC.

This is a little complicated for Mahindra.

The 1.5 dragon AT costs 11.37 lacs while the W8(O) MT costs 11.44, 7K more than Ecosport AT.

At a lesser cost one can get the convenience of AT, that too a torque converter, while losing Sunroof, TPMS, Rear discs, knee airbag, dual zone ACC & front parking sensors. The Ecosport AT is no-brainer for someone looking for a petrol Automatic.

If Mahindra equip W8 (O) with an AMT, it might cost ~50K over MT, then the W8 (O) AMT will cost ~11.9 lacs so they might end up giving AMT option only in W4, W6 & W8. So i'm guessing no AMT for the option variants since they don't have room for pricing.

I am quite surprised at the way in which the question on fuel efficiency was answered at the launch event. Is it not ARAI tested for fuel efficiency?

Your OTR price goes up significantly the moment ex-showroom price cross 10L

Nexon XZ+ diesel OTR Bangalore ~ 12 Lakhs (- some discounts)
XUV300 W8 diesel OTR Bangalore ~ 13.55 Lakhs

Minimum 1.5 Lakhs difference, and with discounts difference increases to minimum 1.8 Lakhs.

Nexon advantages are:EDIT: Missed one very important thing. You get proper parcel tray in Nexon :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 4544791)
Nexon advantages are:

Plus Global NCAP’s 5 Star rating.
I expected Petrol W8 should be priced below 10 lakhs. With 10.25 lakhs the OTR in Bangalore is 12.75+. I am thinking of going for Creta E+ now which has bigger boot and refined engine with all essential features, only missing is rear wiper/defogger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 4544791)
Nexon advantages are:

You missed the most important one - 5 star crash test rating clap:, don't know why but I'm obsessed with that fact.

Lets also list down XUV 300 advantages over Nexon and what one gets for the 1.5 lacs extra

1. Marginal increase in power & torque
2. Knee, side & curtain airbags (additional 5 airbags)
3. ESP, TC & Hill start assist
4. Tyre pressure monitoring system
5. Front parking sensors
6. Rear disc brakes
7. Dual zone ACC
8. Auto headlamps & wipers
9. Heated ORVMs
10. Sun roof
11. 3 point seatbelt for middle passenger
12. seat belt warning for all

Assuming that the XUV300 scores min 4 stars in crash test rating, it is upto the customers to decide if the above features are worth the additional amount considering what XUV300 loses over Nexon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra (Post 4544832)

Lets also list down XUV 300 advantages over Nexon and what one gets for the 1.5 lacs extra

No, I was comparing XZ+ with W8 variant not with W8(O) variant.

W8(O) cost just above 15 Lakhs OTR in Bangalore. That is 3 Lakh over Nexon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra (Post 4544832)
Assuming that the XUV300 scores min 4 stars in crash test rating, it is upto the customers to decide if the above features are worth the additional amount considering what XUV300 loses over Nexon.

4 stars doesn't cut it anymore, it has to be 5. :)

Simple reasoning - Two additional factors are needed for 5 rating over 4 stars.

1. SBR for passenger seat is mandatory. XUV 3OO has it for all 5 seats.
2. Side impact test - If Nexon can meet it without side airbags, its a shame if 3OO can't.

Mahindra XUV300 deliveries begin - See the head popping out of the sunroof:Frustrati

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-1.jpg

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4544852)
Mahindra XUV300 deliveries begin - See the head popping out of the sunroof

It is fine if they don’t do the same while driving, hope they have the common sense. The DRL+ fog lamp combination looks like a hockey stick.

This Tweet by Hormazd Sorabjee sums up the AMT launch.
Check out @hormazdsorabjee’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/hormazdsorabjee/status/1095989271679385600?s=09

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190214_200400.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-screenshot_20190214200354__01.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopalnt (Post 4544584)
I am yet to test drive 300, but having driven other Mahindra cars, I would still put my bet on Ford for its driving dynamics and niggle free electronics.

IMO things are a bit different, I feel that the features listed are way apart - to make it droolworthy.

I would bet on the superb power steering of my Ecosport but not a great fan of its dynamics. Id rather bet on the Mahindra here with my experience with XUV5OO

Niggle free electronics is again subjective to me - coz the tech & features on the mahindra is far more exhaustive than the Nokia 3310 like - what you would just need kind of electronics in Ecosport.

Personal opinions though !

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRANSAM (Post 4544605)
The pricing is probably why most people were sceptical, but it seems like they have already clocked 4000 plus bookings, the Nexon & brezza might be affected, as the 300 is just fresh off the oven.

We need to wait and watch because, out of those 4000 bookings need to see how many get cancelled, because the W8 Top-end (optional) variant still looks with higher price tag at least for me. I just compared the on-road price of W8 (not optional) with S-cross Zeta On-road price of Hyderabad. And it showed like this in Carwale App. I own S-cross Zeta variant and I know most of the features what I have in my S-cross would match with W8 and of course my Scross offers little spacious inside and at least decent amount of Boot space when compared with XUV3OO.

XUV3OO - W8 (diesel) - 13.03L
S-cross Zeta - 12.52L

So, considering these types of factors, not sure how many would really end up owning XUV3OO. Time would tell us in next few month.

Horribly greedy pricing by mahindra. Given the sub 4 meter tax benefits, they should have had the wiggle room to price this much lower.

That they have priced the 1.2 litre 3 cylinder petrol only 50k-60k lower than the 1.5 litre 4 cylinder diesel already shows how greedy they have gotten.

I would recommend waiting 6 months - there would be 1 lakh rs or even more kind of discounts on this by then.

That way you also don't end up becoming one of the early birds who have to bear the brunt of niggles known to affect all new launches by mahindra.