Team-BHP - The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/171770-mahindra-xuv300-aka-ssangyong-tivoli-edit-launched-7-9-lakhs-6.html)

Spotted the Tivoli "undisguised" in GST Road Tambaram, Chennai.
While it was tailing me, assumed it to be a VW or Toyota. The logo from my IRVM was not very clear.
Allowed to overtake and found this.
The stance is very much inspired by mini-cooper.
Had a TN19 registration inside the rear windshield. So assuming this is given to some official of Mahindra Research Valley.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamster (Post 4290659)
Spotted the Tivoli "undisguised" in GST Road Tambaram, Chennai.

While it was tailing me, assumed it to be a VW or Toyota. The logo from my IRVM was not very clear.

Allowed to overtake and found this.

The stance is very much inspired by mini-cooper.

Had a TN19 registration inside the rear windshield. So assuming this is given to some official of Mahindra Research Valley.

Great shot.
Looks like a beefed up swift to my eyes. Looking at the images online, this will pass off as another small SUV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 4278065)
Its ssangyong Tivoli. Finally it might be coming to India.
Attaching an image of Tivoli here .
Hope if its coming to India, its priced with high value for money quotient.
Attachment 1680783

I second your sentiments - That VFM bit is vital in our market! It looks pretty gorgeous by & large.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4278262)
.....I already can't see a reason why people will buy this over incumbents.

Possibly because the "incumbents" (the Nexon is the perfect inverted jelly mould in comparison) all look like clones of each other!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeluM (Post 4278276)
:thumbs up....
With a decent pair of engines should be another XUV for Mahindra.

Couldn't agree more - I sincerely hope that apart from the other frills, M&M offer an AWD option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeluM (Post 4284489)
You missed the "fairly large turbo-charger" which has been strapped on to the engine.
Huge power figures can be extracted from almost any engine with a big enough turbo, but how that power is produced affects its real world utility.

That's true VeluM, but one can't ignore the golden adage - with fixed engine displacement : the larger the T/C, the higher the rotor inertia & the higher the turbo-lag. Which would
defeat the whole purpose of the exercise!:)

Nice pic of the Tivoli between its Indian cousins. Thanks to Dr. Santosh Jeevannavar for sharing!

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-image1.jpeg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-image3.jpeg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-image4-1.jpeg

Not sure if this is the actual Tivoli or Mahindra's Indian take of the same, but it does look very small! Almost hatchback like. Just look at the size difference between the TUV plus and this! Not sure if Mahindra can pull a "Brezza" here, if that's what they are trying to.

I have seen Tivoli very closely in Korea couple of months ago. I would say, it is definitely very agile in highway (happen to follow one for sometime with avg speeds of 110 kmph). Also the styling is distinctive for sure from front end. Many people in this thread quoted resemblance to Brezza, however, it must be noted that TIVOLI launched in Korea in 2015 Jan itself while Brezza came in almost year and half later. IMHO, Suzuki seem to have lifted the fog lamp elements from TIVOLI. Just because Suzuki selling Brezza in good numbers does not necessarily make it a great one. It is totally unjustified to compare Swift's rear lamps to this one. Swift's a bulged curvy one but Tivoli's wears straight drop flat lamp at the back. It's understandable that most of us have a common effect of comparing to what we see the most here on our roads.

M&M is reportedly planning to power this one with 1.5L TGDI engine. Turbo & Gasoline Direct injection are the proven ways for power density (Ford's EcoBoost) in Europe, especially in compact engines. It may be expected that the Torque & Power matches to the handling ability of this vehicle. It's a good effort from M&M and hope it grabs a decent market for M&M in compact SUV segment with right pricing.

The visible side profile of the hatch resembles with present generation Swift !

Let's hope the final product (except XUV) is good to look at; TUV plus badly needs a four pot, which seems to have found its way in the engine bay and good plush interiors to match with competition.

My brother saw this car near Siruthavur on OMR.
What Is it?

Spotted for the first time with test-spec lights & steel wheels:

Thanks to Sharath MP for sharing!

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-20171219_073233.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-20171219_073248.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-20171219_073333.jpg

A Drive Spark reader has spotted Mahindra Tivoli teting alongside Creta.

Mahindra appears to be testing two variants of the Tivoli:
1. A larger variant spotted testing with the Creta-

2. A smaller variant which is seen here with different tail lights and Steel wheels-

Quote:

SsangYong is readying its two new SUVs for the Indian market, and it is expected to be launched in the country by mid-2018.
Quote:

When launched in India, the smaller version of the Tivoli will rival the likes of Tata Nexon and Maruti Brezza, whereas the fully-loaded larger iteration of the SUV will lock horns with the Hyundai Creta.
Link

Spotted one near the Villupuram toll gate on NH45 this weekend.. Looked almost as the same height as a Dzire. (sorry for the second pic's lack of clarity - it was taken without pulling down the sunshade)

Wondering how Mahindra can pull this off as a mini SUV.. A crossover hatch maybe?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by apn6 (Post 4329454)
Wondering how Mahindra can pull this off as a mini SUV.. A crossover hatch maybe?!

M&M will offer the S201 SUV in two compact bodystyles - under 4m and above 4m.

The 4m+ version of the S201 will be powered by the same oil burner which is under the hood of the upcoming U321 MPV. Specs and calibration are the same - 125BHP of power and 305Nm of torque.

No info yet on the powerplant for the sub-4m S201 SUV.

The S201 twins will arrive sometime in/just after mid-2018 (AY).

Mahindra modifies SsangYong Tivoli SUV for India – Spied on test again!

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-mahindrassangyongtivoli4.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-mahindrassangyongtivoli6.jpg

Source

Not sure if this has been shared before
https://youtu.be/yuY1JVDZBXk

So what is the story of the Tivoli? Initial reports indicated that the Tivoli was too expensive to be built in India. But we are seeing 2 iterations being tested now. Has Mahindra taken the route taken by Renault, like the Captur? Is it a case where Only the shell resembles the Tivoli and underneath its not actually one, but shares the platform with an existing Mahindra car like the TUV or something like that?