Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2019, 01:37   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs

Quite intelligent of Mahindra - I am yet to see the parcel tray in any of the pics. It obviously would have made the boot look smaller than without it. Anyone who have seen the car has this comment about the boot. Mahindra knew it and is trying to dial down as much as they can! Am sure the production versions will come with a parcel tray.

While I like the car (from the pics), a little unhappy to know the boot space is low. Mahindra should have tried to strike a compromise between the cabin space & boot.

My hunch is if this clicks, they'll bring the full size Tivoli too, against the Creta & Harrier. With such bin sharing, they'll be able to maximize profit or undercut all the competition easily.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th February 2019 at 01:38.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 02:10   #542
BHPian

The Parcel trays have been removed. Check the pics of post #523, there are Parcel shelf holders and pivots, which help in lifting the parcel tray. The production version will definitely have it.

The Parcel trays must have been removed on display cars, so that the boot looks bigger. Except our fraternity, many Indians go with guesstimates. They don't mind to check the specs, if they feel it's big enough.

The boot space will be adequate for City runs, but not for occasional outstation travel. But it can be managed, If there are only 2 or 3 passengers, by folding down the 60:40 or rather 65:35 (again from the looks) seats.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 09:21   #543
Team-BHP Support

Saw the XUV 3OO at Phoenix Market City Mall in Bangalore yesterday and checked it out. Will let the pics do the talking - (The engine is the elusive 1.2 turbo petrol).

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_205232_1600.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_205243_1600.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_205102_1600.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_205155_1600.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_205415_1600.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_205554_1600.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_205707_1600.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_205755_1600.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_205847_1600.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_210103_1600.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_210349_1600.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_210603_1600.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_210646_1600.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190203_210700_1600.jpg

However, the day ended with a big twist - a disinterested better half was converted by the product, in a way only Compass has done earlier - and we ended up pre-booking the W8(O) variant. 7 airbags, ESP, Steering modes, 300Nm torque, good build quality, sunroof, cruise control - all in a small footprint of a sub-4m product, all sounds interesting very indeed - but I still have a big lump in my throat when it comes to even thinking about parting with the Punto.

Will take a final decision after price is announced, and post test drives.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 09:46   #544
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Up until now, most of the Mahindra products used to appeal to value seeking customers. However, with a set of turbo equipped engines with class leading power and torque, this Mahindra is appealing to the enthusiasts as well. The presence of 7 airbags and a truckload of other features are acting as the cherry on top.

That being said, the speculations of the top end petrol being priced at 11L ex-showroom and the diesel at 12l ex-showroom is not keeping in traditions with the Mahindra's VFM pricing mantra. While there's no denying the fact that the overall product is shaping out to be a fantastic one which is worth the premium over the Brezza and the Nexon, Mahindra should play the game smartly and should price the XUV 300 at least a lakh lesser than the above speculated prices.
Old 4th February 2019, 10:07   #545
Senior - BHPian

Got a sneak peek of an XUV300 on the road a few days ago while it being transported to the showroom. Looks very upmarket compared to the Brezza. Lets see how much of a dent this Mahindra puts in the popular Maruti sales.

Going by the interior shots above in which quality is far better than its direct rivals, I hope Mahindra prices this one sensibly and does not push it too much into the Creta territory.
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 10:16   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Saw the XUV 3OO at Phoenix Market City Mall in Bangalore yesterday and checked it out.
I was there too around 5 pm yesterday and got a chance to check out the car for about ~10-15 minutes and I must say I was very impressed.

Quote:
Except for the smaller boot, Whitish leatherette seats & white interior parts (which could be a challenge to keep it clean), rear headroom for taller folks - I couldn't find much faults with overall package. Powerful diesel engine, top-notch safety, very well laid out interiors and usable space, build quality, the door shut lines (very much Hyundaiish) and some of the segment 1st features makes the XUV300 a desirable car indeed.

Last edited by Keynote : 4th February 2019 at 10:31.
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 11:27   #547

I got a chance to see an XUV300 display vehicle in the flesh in a showroom near my house. It was a sunburst orange coloured XUV300. Here are my first impressions about the car –

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-xuv300.jpg

• Paint quality looks decent.
• I could see the bonnet when I sat on the driver’s seat (I’m 5’10”) but my wife (5’3”) could not see the bonnet.
• There are lots of buttons on the indicator and light stalks.
• My wife and kid are positively predisposed towards sunroofs, so they like the one in XUV300. I found it a size too small.
• The distance between the driver armrest (which doesn’t slide) and the gear lever is slightly more than I would like. I could only reach the gear lever by resting my elbow at the front end of the armrest.
• The touchscreen is better than the one in Nexon, but not as smooth as EcoSport’s touchscreen.
• The gear lever is little taller compared to my Ford Figo.
• Silver inserts on the steering mounted controls look tacky.
• The cabin looks bright and there is a good amount of space at the back.
• The boot is smaller than my Figo’s boot.

Overall, the features and feel do command a premium over Vitara Brezza. I am in a market for a compact SUV, and hope that Mahindra prices it midway between Brezza and EcoSport. But if they price it close to (or more than) EcoSport, I would consider it a little overpriced.
free_will is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 11:38   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

I liked the car in pictures and it looks way more premium than the Brezza. I've not seen the car in real, but for you to change from this...
Quote:
If not for practical reasons (Like wife joining, need to carry extra luggage etc, poor health conditions etc) - I don't see myself returning to cars for leisure anymore. So much so that my car upgrade itself stands cancelled till I'm forced to.

PS: Considering only the normal cars people like us can afford in this lifetime.
...to this...
Quote:
However, the day ended with a big twist - a disinterested better half was converted by the product, in a way only Compass has done earlier - and we ended up pre-booking the W8(O) variant. 7 airbags, ESP, Steering modes, 300Nm torque, good build quality, sunroof, cruise control - all in a small footprint of a sub-4m product, all sounds interesting very indeed - but I still have a big lump in my throat when it comes to even thinking about parting with the Punto.

...it must be some car!
Did your better half get influenced by the news that Fiat will close down this year?
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 12:20   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Wow that was a quick one and for your better half to get convinced so easily for this car must be a surprise! Usually it is us guys who need to do a lot of hard work to convince the better half.
Guess the XUV300 makes a very strong value proposition with its high safety features and also best interiors in that segment! Look forward to your ownership review too soon. This is one car which is going to rock the boat of both Brezza and the Creta with its positioning and pricing and the features it offers. This car had the potential to sell more than 6k units every month and literally snatch away sales from the Brezza as well as the Creta. Mahindra has gone with the tried and tested design approach but will have great pricing hopefully and ultimately deliver better value to the buyer than the Brezza and even the Creta. I also have a feeling that with the 300Nm torque and excellent engine this car will be a scorcher on road and also have very good NVH control. I only wish that they had also offered the AT in diesel and then it would be a killer package .All the best and Congrats to you!

Last edited by Behemoth : 4th February 2019 at 12:23.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 14:12   #550
Senior - BHPian

Barring side profile, this car has it all to make it a blockbuster! Interiors are one among the best and so are Engine's. If only thing that this car lacks is AT.
Old 4th February 2019, 14:24   #551
BHPian

Any Idea what would be the size of the boot ?
Is there a facility to put a single seat in the boot like we have in tuv300 ?
Old 4th February 2019, 15:24   #552
BHPian

Re: Identify this!

Saw this camouflaged car at Chennai today. Any guesses?

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-screenshot_20190204151509625_com.miui.gallery01.jpeg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-save_20190204_151656.jpeg

Mods. Have I posted in a wrong thread?
Old 4th February 2019, 15:44   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Identify this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
Saw this camouflaged car at Chennai today. Any guesses?
XUV3OO (AMT Variant ?)
Old 4th February 2019, 16:01   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Saw the XUV 3OO at Phoenix Market City Mall in Bangalore yesterday and checked it out. Will let the pics do the talking - (The engine is the elusive 1.2 turbo petrol).

Thanks for your initial views. Not sure if you remember that we both had booked Swift ZDI in 2011/12 but you ended up buying the Punto and me deciding to wait for the Swift.

I had initially planned to buy Nexon Diesel AMT to replace my Swift around this time but postponed the purchase after the announcement of XUV300 launch. A few things have made me put my purchase off for now

a) They haven't got the AT/AMT in the first release
b) I had to replace the tyres and the front suspension of my Swift ZDI (spent 40K+)
c) Petrol or Diesel: I was not sure if any new regulations will come post elections on diesel cars apart from BS VI. Also quite unsure about the 1.2L petrol
d) The impending launch of equivalent products from Kia and MGs
e) No rear blower: This is a *must* for my family.

Hence will take the call early next year and keenly waiting for your feedback and tbhp official reviews
Sridhar K is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 17:20   #555
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV300 features list leaked

Mahindra is gearing up to launch the XUV300 later this month. The carmaker has already announced that the SUV will be offered in petrol and diesel versions and four variants - W4, W6, W8 and W8 (O). Now, a leaked image gives us a detailed look at the variant-wise feature break up of the car.

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-mahindraxuv300featureslistleadedb18a.jpg

According to the leaked image, the base W4 variant gets an audio system with a 3.5-inch display and 4 speakers in the diesel version. It gets electric ORVMs, electric tailgate release, gearshift indicator, multi-mode steering wheel and 16-inch steel wheels. Dual airbags, ABS with EBD and ISOFIX child safety seat anchors are standard across all variants.

The W6 variant adds silver accents on the grille and air dam, keyless entry, a multi-function steering wheel, wheel caps, door cladding, roof rails and spoiler with a high-mounted stop lamp.

The W8 variant gets automatic projector headlamps with LED DRLs and 17-inch alloy wheels and silver-finish front and rear skid plates. On the inside, it gets a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation as well as Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity. It has 6-way adjustable driver's seat, rain-sensing wipers, dual-zone automatic climate control, mood lighting and electrically foldable ORVMs with integrated turn signals and heated mirrors. Safety features include ESP with hill hold and reverse camera with dynamic guidelines.

The W8 (O) variant gets all the features offered on the W8 trim. Additionally, it comes with knee and side airbags, faux leather interiors, auto-dimming IRVM, tyre pressure monitoring system, front parking sensors, 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a sunroof and dual-tone roof rails.

Source: TheGadgetSpy / Twitter

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks