Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2019, 17:38   #556
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Barring side profile, this car has it all to make it a blockbuster! Interiors are one among the best and so are Engine's. If only thing that this car lacks is AT.

I concur.

What will also work in the Mahindra's favor is that the 300 has taken inspiration from the already popular and well accepted design of the Creta that Indian's have come to love as evident from the sales numbers!

I have never liked Mahindra designs but this one changes my perception. Except that weird horizontal DRL's. Funny how there's always an "except" in Mahindra's case
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 18:08   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

W8 looks well equipped. They should launch it at 9.99 ex-showroom all India and then they will have a winner. Keep the highest trim around 10.99.
Old 4th February 2019, 18:11   #558
Senior - BHPian

A nice walk around I came across:
neoonwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 18:32   #559
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Even the current diesel engine in the Verna was itself referred to as having weak German horses in quite a few reviews
Can you please share links to the above mentioned reviews?

Quote:
when compared with the Vento which had only 105 Bhp on tap but was almost as fast and much faster on the roll-on.
Just because a certain engine makes power lower down on the rpm range it does not necessarily imply it has similar / higher power rating. The classic 1.9 TDI Octavia had a stronger mid range than say the Optra diesel, but also ran out of breath a tad sooner. I'm not very technically inclined but I'm almost certain that power from an engine can be made more accessible at a preferred rpm range, so I don't buy into an engine being less powerful just because it has a lower mid range thrust. Besides have you driven a Vento, or a Rapid after the VAG group were caught red handed through the Dieselgate scandal and brought down a level playing field?

Quote:
Hyundai is probably a benchmark when it comes to NVH levels.
You missed out on:
Power - Accent CRDI, Elantra CRDI, do they ring a bell? Back in 2004, Hyundai and Mercedes were the only companies that had common rail diesel engines in India. If I'm not mistaken VAG (heck I think even BMW) caught up with common rail only in 2010.
Reliability (and I'm only referring to engines yet): Try searching for injector replacements with regards to Volksvagen and Skoda. When you're done with those lookout for turbo failures too.

Quote:
It will be the day when the Germans start using Hyundai diesel engines as a benchmark.
Guess you should call it a day then
manson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 20:51   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by free_will View Post
I got a chance to see an XUV300 display vehicle.
Found a quick review of the XUV300 and this seems to have been taken in the same showroom you visited!!

Plonk in an Autobox and we have a fabulous all-round car. Ticks most of the boxes with perhaps the boot capacity being an exception.

Cheers,
Uday
uday.ere is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 21:12   #561
BHPian

Any idea if the petrol version is a 4cyl unit or 3cyl?
Or is it turbo aided version of the 1.2 litre engine used in kuv100?
Old 5th February 2019, 08:29   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
W8 looks well equipped. They should launch it at 9.99 ex-showroom all India and then they will have a winner. Keep the highest trim around 10.99.
This has to happen. XUV W8 is as equipped as a Nexon XZ+ or Brezza ZDi+ (XUV gets some additional equipment as well). Both these rivalling variants are sub 10-lacs and thus Mahindra will follow the game.

What needs to be seen is the pricing for the W8(O) variant, which IMO will be priced between 11.5-12 lacs ex-showroom. The additional equipment completely justifies a premium of over 1.5 lacs.

P.S.- The above comments are for Diesel variants. Petrol, obviously, will be priced lower.

Last edited by tarik.arora : 5th February 2019 at 08:58.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 10:18   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post

Can anyone here tell if rear AC vents are something that really help? ...
We have owned a greenhouse equivalent Scorpio and that has the rear vents- and trust me, if you now put me in a car without rear ac vents, I am not going to be happy at all.
Its not about the 'cold or chill' of the AC, but even the whiff of cool air coming thru that provides relief.
With your highest court displaying amazing wisdom by banning even sero-tint films in our temperate country, the only solace one has in the battle against the heat is the AC- and M&M forgot to put it in the rear seat?
My only comment is "Ouch."
We were looking at downsizing to the XUV300 as we are more into biking these days, but that AC business will need to be looked at a little more closely. Current pleasant Mumbai weather is not the right time- so, this put the 300 on a wait-and-watch list.
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 10:21   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

XUV3OO spec. sheet.

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 10:22   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
... and M&M forgot to put it in the rear seat?
My only comment is "Ouch."
Not only rear AC vents, they have also forgotten to add decent bootspace. Highly unexpected given current market dynamics. These are not luxury things anymore.
Old 5th February 2019, 10:48   #566
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I've not seen the car in real, but for you to change from this...
...to this...
...it must be some car!
Did your better half get influenced by the news that Fiat will close down this year?
Haha. I knew I'd have to swallow my words. But trust me - I'm not able to digest the fact that I need to let go of the Punto, which I've been taking utmost care recently. It still feels fresh to my eyes. This will be tough. Today on my morning walk also I was question if selling might be a very bad idea.

That said - Yes - As a package, I really like the XUV 3OO. If the drive is anything like what the figures suggest - then it becomes a complete package - with top class safety features, excellent build quality, conservative looks (Not as clean as I would have liked, but thankfully not a typical Mahindra - nor anywhere as radical as Nexon), loaded feature list etc. Tivoli being Euro NCAP 4 star rated, and with Mahindra not cutting down safety features for India - I'm hoping a 5 star crash test rating will be an icing on the cake.

All this being available in a sub-4m package is also nice, because a bigger car is certainly not needed for our small family - hence also not bothered with the compromise in boot space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Wow that was a quick one and for your better half to get convinced so easily for this car must be a surprise! Usually it is us guys who need to do a lot of hard work to convince the better half.
Thank you. Will take a call only post price announcements and test drives though.

I was shocked myself because I didn't even have to try convincing. She herself asked if we could pre-book this car, and decide later! This has happened only once earlier, out of almost all cars in the market we keep checking regularly - the Jeep Compass.

For her it went like this - While I was checking the car, she was hesitant because of the crowd and was just standing outside - then slowly tried opening and closing the door. Impressed with the build quality and feel, but she was hesitant to check the seats, and I had to ask her to try it out, but after trying the backseat, she was impressed by the firm cushion and support. Next up was the front seats, after which she went to chat with the sales guy as I continued clicking pics of the car. Before I knew what hit us - She was asking me if this could be our next car. I would however, wait for the test drives and Tbhp review mostly before taking a final cal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Thanks for your initial views. Not sure if you remember that we both had booked Swift ZDI in 2011/12 but you ended up buying the Punto and me deciding to wait for the Swift.
Hey yes! All your negetive points mentioned are valid - just lower down my priority list, thats all. Regarding the choice of petrol or diesel - if the figures are anything to go by - this could probably be the last torquey diesel to hit a small car before BS6 takes them out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
XUV3OO spec. sheet.
115hp and 300Nm from 1500 - 2500rpm?

That's a very different tune compared to Marazzo's 121hp and 300Nm from 1750 - 2500rpm.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th February 2019 at 11:01.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 11:26   #567
Senior - BHPian

Seems Mahindra has not released the weight of this SUV, couldnt find it on any website so far.
Old 5th February 2019, 11:27   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
115hp and 300Nm from 1500 - 2500rpm?

That's a very different tune compared to Marazzo's 121hp and 300Nm from 1750 - 2500rpm.
Yes, the peak torque does come in 250 RPM earlier as compared to the Marazzo and therefore a wider torque band is in the offing.

Any impressions on how the build quality fares vis a vis the Ecosport, which in itself has good build quality? A notch higher for the XUV or around the same?

The white/off white interiors of the XUV will definitely be a pain to maintain though. Would have loved the all black interiors of the Tivoli- looks so much better!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 5th February 2019 at 11:32.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 12:52   #569
BHPian

I wish Driver Knee Airbag is also made mandatory. Whether it is a paid driver or self driven, this feature is essential.

Mahindra has opted Knee Airbag only in W8 (O). This is not a Luxury feature.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 13:00   #570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
I wish Driver Knee Airbag is also made mandatory. Whether it is a paid driver or self driven, this feature is essential.

Mahindra has opted Knee Airbag only in W8 (O). This is not a Luxury feature.
Any other car in this segment or the one above, or even the one above that - which offer this feature, even in top end?

Only two examples I can think of - are Toyota Yaris and Innova - both priced way higher. I'm glad Mahindra has offered this feature - and would gladly pick the top end variant for this.

PS: None of the manufactures are going to make these standard, unless - 1. Its made mandatory or 2. Indians are ready to pay for safety. Currently 99% will prefer a standard touchscreen over standard airbags.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks