Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2019, 14:01   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any other car in this segment or the one above, or even the one above that - which offer this feature, even in top end?

PS: None of the manufactures are going to make these standard, unless - 1. Its made mandatory or 2. Indians are ready to pay for safety. Currently 99% will prefer a standard touchscreen over standard airbags.

That's true!

When I said mandatory, means it has to be brought in as legislation.

As far as XUV 300 is concerned, at least W8 should've received it.

If Mahindra can price W8 (O) Petrol, below 10 lakhs, it would definitely dent a hole in Brezza.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 14:16   #572
Team-BHP Support

re: The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Mahindra has opted Knee Airbag only in W8 (O). This is not a Luxury feature.
Even side/curtain airbags, ESP etc. are not luxury features, but our manufacturers may give rain-sensing wipers and auto-headlights as standard but safety features are reserved for top-end variants. Infact most (or all) the models below D-Segment doesn't even get a 3-point seatbelt for the rear middle passenger seat.

That said, the top-end variant of the XUV300 looks brilliant when it comes to safety, and the design looks pleasing as well. Need to see how it drives, but looks like Mahindra got a winner with this one.
Old 5th February 2019, 14:17   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Mahindra XUV300 features list leaked

-SNIP-

Link to Team-BHP News
Where are the curtain airbags? I thought there were supposed to be 7 airbags (2 front, 2 side, 2 curtain and 1 knee). I do not see any curtain airbags mentioned in the feature list. Is it unintentional omission?
Old 5th February 2019, 14:55   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
XUV3OO spec. sheet.

Attachment 1845043

Link
Kudos to Mahindra for making the XUV 300 the benchmark in terms of safety

1. Knee airbag - Segment first
2. ABS + EBD
3. ESP, Traction Control, Hill Hold
4. TPMS
5. Front parking sensors - Segment first
6. Rear Disc brakes - Segment first
7. ISOFIX
8. Heated mirrors - Segment first
9. 3 point seat belt for the middle passenger - Segment first

All these barring the knee airbag are available in W8 variant and one need not stretch for W8 (O) (TPMS & Front parking sensor can be added as aftermarket accessories).

The engine options available are very impressive on paper hopefully they do so on road too. Quite possibly segment best engine options.

I'm hoping that the XUV 300 will score 4 stars, if not 5, in the crash test rating but keeping my fingers crossed and expecting Mahindra to pull off a surprise.

This car certainly feels like an upgrade for the Ecosport (prefacelift) owners since there are lot of tangible additions - Engine, safety, convenience (like dual zone climate control). The smaller boot is a bummer though not a deal breaker for me.

This will push Maruti Suzuki, Ford & TATA to think whenever the next gen is due. And Hyundai might have to go back to the drawing board for making the Styx (Carlino) better.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 5th February 2019 at 14:58.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 15:57   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any other car in this segment or the one above, or even the one above that - which offer this feature, even in top end?

Only two examples I can think of - are Toyota Yaris and Innova - both priced way higher . I'm glad Mahindra has offered this feature - and would gladly pick the top end variant for this.

PS: None of the manufactures are going to make these standard, unless - 1. Its made mandatory or 2. Indians are ready to pay for safety. Currently 99% will prefer a standard touchscreen over standard airbags.
Thought Yaris has 7 airbags even in base model which is around 11L in Pune.
Old 5th February 2019, 16:20   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
Where are the curtain airbags? I thought there were supposed to be 7 airbags (2 front, 2 side, 2 curtain and 1 knee). I do not see any curtain airbags mentioned in the feature list. Is it unintentional omission?
Here it is, was posted couple of pages back by TusharK
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-mahindraxuv300featureslistleadedb18a.jpg  

Old 5th February 2019, 17:21   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Here it is, was posted couple of pages back by TusharK
I cannot see curtain airbags in any variant. W4 has dual airbags (front, presumably) and then w8(O) has side and knee airbags. So, total 5 airbags.
Old 5th February 2019, 17:39   #578
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
I cannot see curtain airbags in any variant. W4 has dual airbags (front, presumably) and then w8(O) has side and knee airbags. So, total 5 airbags.
From Mahindra 3OO website -

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-slide6-1.jpg

In the display car - I could see airbag markings on A and B pillars, steering wheel and dashboard as usual and below steering column.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 17:53   #579
BHPian

Just visited VVC Motors at Kothaguda X Road to check out the vehicle. Notable observations: (Since most of it already covered, just mentioning on the odds). The CSUV is a class above the current competitors and is loaded, and fresh design from an Indian maker.

1) Petrol is a 3 Cyl 1200 CC Engine as per the sales person. Gut feeling is that gasoline with a three-cylinder is not going to be fun to drive. Also, initial thoughts are that for the size of the car it is (and the expected weight) I would have liked a 1.5 L petrol with four-cylinder
2) The interior on W8(O) light beige -- a dirt magnet for sure. Can feel it already
3) There is no option for black interiors -- as the leatherette seat has an airbag
4) Build quality is good; door thud is better than brezza but not as good as the ford ecosport.
5) Light color plastics on the door (bottom portion) -- tough to maintain. Stains and scratches are going to be prominent
6) As for the tires, I saw the Apollo Alnac. Others on offer are MRF and Bridgestone as per the sales person
7) I could not find a manual boot open level near the driver. Strange but true!
8) Supposedly has three memory settings for the AC

BHPians -- Please help me on the below

My idea is to exchange my 2016 Etios Liva VD and buy this in exchange. I would have wished for petrol. However now with just the three-cylinder engine, it is going to be a no go for the gasoline. With so much uncertainty on the future of diesel engine etc., I have no option but to think a couple of times on the investment.

Questions:
1) Is it a good idea to exchange Liva with this car. I have no issues per se with the Liva -- except for poor quality plastics, road noise, under common NVH factors.
2) Since my usage is mostly (90%) in the city -- should I stay put until a promising EV comes to the market?
3) Though I am not entirely inclined toward petrol as an option? A general question that I have is -- How are Mahindra Petrol engines?
4) After sales support for Mahindra has been very questionable, I would like the first-hand experience of any fellow BHPian on their experience on support from VVC Motors at Hyderabad (Kothaguda) to be specific

Please advise.
PGopkrsna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 19:17   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGopkrsna View Post
J
BHPians -- Please help me on the below

Questions:
1) Is it a good idea to exchange Liva with this car. I have no issues per se with the Liva -- except for poor quality plastics, road noise, under common NVH factors.
2) Since my usage is mostly (90%) in the city -- should I stay put until a promising EV comes to the market?
3) Though I am not entirely inclined toward petrol as an option? A general question that I have is -- How are Mahindra Petrol engines?

Please advise.
I have very similar questions and the only difference is that my Swift has done 92K and almost 7 years old. Considering your car is 2016 Liva (which I think is 4 Star on safety rating), I would stay put until a promising EV comes to the market or in worst case, wait until next year to see how the regulations, Govt incentives around Diesel and EVs shape up.
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 20:26   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow. This thing is feature packed and would certainly put vehicles costing 3 times more to shame. Mahindra should have also given a consideration to the AT buyers. my only small concern is the quality. Going by the recurrent small but nagging issues specially in the electronics in the XUV500 which is the flagship vehicle, how reliable would this turn out to be in the long run? Having said that the compact SUV segment certainly has a new winner in the making.
Old 5th February 2019, 20:27   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGopkrsna View Post

Questions:

Please advise.
Would recommend you wait for the Hyundai CSUV. Promises to be premium. Will address the quality & ASS concerns that ail Mahindra cars.
Old 6th February 2019, 09:43   #583
BHPian

As per this instagram post, Ground clearance is 200..not 180
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-screenshot_20190206093922__01.jpg  

nirubhai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 10:19   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirubhai View Post
As per this instagram post, Ground clearance is 200..not 180
Slightly

This whole Ground clearance thing has worsened after the new rules. Most of the OEM's still report unladen GC. While, some articles, OEM's and reviews report laden GC. Uniformity in reporting is completely missing and this bound to confuse an average buyer.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 11:02   #585
Senior - BHPian

JFYI, Autocar review of XUV3OO will be up by 12 today!!
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks