CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 10:21   #842
BHPian

Re: The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
TV Commercial is out -

Earlier teasers were far better IMHO.
I remember you having booked a XUV 300. Now that the pricing is out, are you going ahead with your plans of purchasing it?
Old 21st February 2019, 10:28   #843
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
I remember you having booked a XUV 300. Now that the pricing is out, are you going ahead with your plans of purchasing it?
The plans are changed, link below to his Punto ownership thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4544975

Last edited by pavi : 21st February 2019 at 10:31.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 10:36   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
The plans are changed, link below to his Punto ownership thread.
I think there would be a number of people who will cancel pre booking orders after the release of the on road prices. I happen to be one among them. I pre booked it a few days before the official launch, and then test drive both petrol and diesel versions a coupe of times before the launch prices were announced. The product overall was good, though certain things (whitish interiors getting very dirty within the space of a couple of days, and lag on the diesel engine before 2000RPM) turned out to be disappointments for me.

The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, in my case, was the whopping prices on road in Bangalore, as usual the highest in the country. The W8, the version I was considering, will be close to INR 14 lakhs inroad with extended warranty etc. Way overpriced in my opinion, given the very competent alternatives which are already established players in the market. Yes, the XUV is also a competent product with good attributes, but in my view, not so much better as to command a premium running into lakhs over its competition.

Cancelled and moved on with my search earlier this week.
arindambasu13 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 20:47   #845
BHPian

How to make fun of a customer 💯
1. First you say the pricing will be very aggressive
2. Then you set the price that even your dealers had never thought of
3. Then you fool customers by giving all features in top end variant only
4. And then make fun of your customer by filling the boot space with empty suitcases
We're not fools Mahindra. If these suitcases are filled completely, will they still fit inside this bootspace of a hatchback's size?

HarshGtR is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 21:13   #846
Senior - BHPian

LOL ! Nice try Mahindra.

Next Video: Mahindra XUV3OO carry bag challenge.

Apparently, the XUV3OO can take lakhs and lakhs of empty carry bags in its tiny yet incredibly spacious boot

Especially squeezing that last empty bag into the space between those suitcases was blatantly stupid
aravind.anand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 21:31   #847
Senior - BHPian

It does not have a parcel tray. Imagine how many cabin bags it can take with parcel tray, and your check-in bag? forget it.

Last edited by Latheesh : 21st February 2019 at 21:35.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 22:05   #848
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No, I'm not.

The product is excellent in the sub-4m space, and IMHO - If I'm forced to choose a sub-4m product right now, I'll still go ahead with the XUV 3OO. Its fun to drive, feature loaded, safety loaded, premium, spacious and what not - may be everything except practical and now VFM. Ecosport is almost there too, but it's so old - doesn't excite me anymore.

That said - I'm neither restricted strictly to sub-4m, nor am I in a desperate need of a new vehicle, so I decided to listen to my gut feeling and just wait for a year. BS6 should be sorted by then, a buffet of new products will be out (Kia SP, New Creta, New Ecosport, new XUV 5OO, Hyundai Carlino, MG Hector etc, basically whatever feels like it can keep me excited and happy for the next 10 years, maybe even the new Thar if the manage to chisel some rough edges to have it as the single car in family) and I could enjoy the loan free period for another year while saving up for downpayment on something nicer.

Mahindra probably would have bagged the deal if the pricing was spot on - but for now, I have to wish them better luck next time and move on.

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-img_20190221_1546172.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 22nd February 2019 at 16:19. Reason: small typo
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 22:54   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
LOL ! Nice try Mahindra.

Next Video: Mahindra XUV3OO carry bag challenge.

Apparently, the XUV3OO can take lakhs and lakhs of empty carry bags in its tiny yet incredibly spacious boot

Especially squeezing that last empty bag into the space between those suitcases was blatantly stupid
I saw this video and yes stuffing empty luggage is not happening to showcase the boot space. They should've thought better.
NFS2024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 02:27   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
How to make fun of a customer ��
1. First you say the pricing will be very aggressive
2. Then you set the price that even your dealers had never thought of
3. Then you fool customers by giving all features in top end variant only
4. And then make fun of your customer by filling the boot space with empty suitcases
We're not fools Mahindra. If these suitcases are filled completely, will they still fit inside this bootspace of a hatchback's size?

Oh god, after this record creating run across Rann of Kutch , here comes another master stroke from Mahindra. This is hilarious

Last edited by sahilkhurana : 22nd February 2019 at 02:27. Reason: Shortening
sahilkhurana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:33   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
No, I'm not.

The product is excellent in the sub-4m space, and IMHO - If I'm forced to choose a sub-4m product right now, I'll still go ahead with the XUV 3OO.

Excellent product probably killed by price. Even if I am restricted to sub 4m product, it will be very hard for me to justify XUV300, given the price. Yes, it has more equipment. Yes, it has more safety kit. Yes, it is more premium. But, the all this additions do not justify the extra money they are asking for these. First Marazzo and now XUV300. Two nice products. Possibly both killed by price. (I think Marazzo had the potential for 7000 units a month. Less than that is a failure)
Old 22nd February 2019, 13:41   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
How to make fun of a customer ��
Reminded me of one of those Mr. Bean episodes of packing his travel bag

Jokes apart, they should just acknowledge the fact that this is an urban car that is feature loaded and also double up as a weekend drive car for a small family(most metros have this target audience). I saw Top rack as one of their official accessory so those looking to travel with 5 adults can load the big bags on top.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd February 2019 at 15:34. Reason: Removing quoted Youtube link, please avoid this. It affects readability. Thanks.
rajshenoy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 14:12   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Excellent product probably killed by price. Even if I am restricted to sub 4m product, it will be very hard for me to justify XUV300, given the price. Yes, it has more equipment. Yes, it has more safety kit. Yes, it is more premium. But, the all this additions do not justify the extra money they are asking for these.
I wonder what can a manufacturer do to sell cars in India? Its probably priced higher considering its a Mahindra. Would it have sold brilliantly if it came from MS or Hyundai?

On one hand we complain that the Creta is overpriced, yet it sells like hot cakes. Swift gets 2 stars from GNCAP yet is a consistent winner for MS. Quoting from Swift GNCAP thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
I don't think MS would've any problem in putting 6 airbags in the Swift, just that they would've to jack up the cost by about 40-50k, if I'm not wrong. Result - our highly price conscious market & our itni-choti-car-itni-mehengi-kyu mentality will quickly red flag the vehicle & buyers will look somewhere else to get "max bang for their buck". As it is, safety isn't one of the parameters in the "bang".
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 14:38   #854
Senior - BHPian

I personally think that XUV300 will not be successful. Primary reason would be it’s price! It’s a horrible pricing from Mahindra in my opinion. Even though it has features, it’s a small SUV only within 4 meters. Top ends goes above 14 Lakhs OTR for both petrol and Diesel models in most of the places. In that price, customer has so many choices available in different segments.
Personally I will go for Creta / Harrier lower variant instead of XUV300 if I want to spend 15 Lakhs for an SUV. At least I will get proper full size SUV with better build, lots of space and road presence.
Old 22nd February 2019, 14:49   #855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
I wonder what can a manufacturer do to sell cars in India? Its probably priced higher considering its a Mahindra. Would it have sold brilliantly if it came from MS or Hyundai?
The Nexon XZA+ is listed at 13L OTR Delhi. Assuming that the MT XZ+ would cost atleast 50-60k lesser. On the other hand the XUV300 W(O) variant costs 14.5L OTR Delhi. Do the extra features in the XUV300 W(O) justify an additional 2L over the top end Nexon? And do keep in mind that the Nexon top end variant is also fairly loaded and has a bigger boot with a lower loading bay and offers you the driving modes ( 2 additional features that I can remember off the top of my head).

The prices listed are for diesel variants.

The Creta is over priced. Everyone knows it. It sells because there is no other competition to it. Where it scores the most is its size - just perfect for a city dweller. Large enough to be spacious and compact enough to drive through traffic and park in tough spots.

MS sells because of its brand and the associated goodwill that it has earned over the years.

Sadly M&M has neither of the above.
drmohitg is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks