Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2019, 17:11   #1006
BHPian

Re: The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs

Couldn't put my views as my membership got approved today.

I'm in the same boat as many others who had pre-booked the car (At Pheonix, Bangalore) and taken back once the price was revealed. Having a chat with one of the regional managers, came to know, the cancellations are higher than expected and wanted my feedback. Gave him a comparison between Ecosport Titanium and W8, which I was eyeing for, and explained how it is overpriced by 50k to 75k. He said they are receiving similar feedback from prospects, and forwarding them to the central team. He has no Idea about the actions for the feedback.

Note: Having a look at their stockyard assures about the cancellations. There are lots of Cars left undelivered. Most of them were W8 & W8(O). Which shows where they have gone wrong!
thirumalkumaran is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 18:43   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Off topic but I belive you have mentioned Creta prices. I went to see the car 2 weeks back and the Diesel SX AT is listed at 18.9L OTR Delhi ( state with one of the lowest OTR prices in the country). So the Creta is quite some distance above.
I was talking about 1.6S auto and 1.6 sx. That’s why I said creta looses few safety features against xuv300
Old 18th March 2019, 06:28   #1008
Team-BHP Support

Those who have cancelled the booking - Has the money been refunded yet?

My dealer is citing technical issues in cancelling the OTF and the refund is yet to be processed.
Old 18th March 2019, 07:27   #1009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
Couldn't put my views as my membership got approved today.

I'm in the same boat as many others who had pre-booked the car (At Pheonix, Bangalore) and taken back once the price was revealed. Having a chat with one of the regional managers, came to know, the cancellations are higher than expected and wanted my feedback. Gave him a comparison between Ecosport Titanium and W8, which I was eyeing for, and explained how it is overpriced by 50k to 75k. He said they are receiving similar feedback from prospects, and forwarding them to the central team. He has no Idea about the actions for the feedback.

Note: Having a look at their stockyard assures about the cancellations. There are lots of Cars left undelivered. Most of them were W8 & W8(O). Which shows where they have gone wrong!
You are right - after going through the thread it seems clear that M&M were pushing the envelope for all their worth in the pricing area. But having seen other mfrs. quickly adjusting (cutting back in other words!) their prices post launch, it would not be surprising if M&M do the same. Launching a great product is half the battle - the other half is revealed at the box-office.
Old 18th March 2019, 08:09   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

My dealer is citing technical issues in cancelling the OTF and the refund is yet to be processed.
I have got my refund, however, it took a good two weeks or so since I initiated the cancelation procedure for the amount to be credited to my account. There is lot of confusion over online bookings, i.e. whether the refund would be provided through online channels or from the dealer with whom you have booked. Turns out, that the refund will be done online, and not through the dealer.

This confusion delayed the process further and I had to write to customer care for it to get resolved. However, the refund did come through ultimately. Not as seamless as cancellation procedures with most dealerships are today.

My cancellation was also based upon a direct comparison between Ecosport Titanium and the W8 variant, which I explained to the Mahindra marketing person who had called me for feedback once I initiated the cancelation. There was a long conversation in which he tried to sell the first in class "features" to me, but I was adamant that the XUV is overpriced by almost a lakh when compared to the Ecosport. Result was that the dealership then called me and offered extended warranties free if I stuck to my booking.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 18th March 2019 at 08:14.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 16:12   #1011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Received the refund amount on 9th March, after applying for it via email on 21st Feb.

It was more to do with my M&M contact's marriage in between those dates than anything else. No problems at all, except for those calls from M&M's corporate offices which I mentioned in my earlier post.

Process went smoothly.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 19:33   #1012
BANNED

XUV300 vs EcoSport vs Nexon vs Vitara Brezza comparison video from Autocar.

pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 19:38   #1013
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I have got my refund, however, it took a good two weeks or so since I initiated the cancelation procedure for the amount to be credited to my account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Received the refund amount on 9th March, after applying for it via email on 21st Feb.
Thanks guys.

Received update from my SA that the booking is cancelled and the refund will be credited before the end of March.

Its a shame on Mahindra that a booking can be done in 1 minute flat, but refund is a long irritating process.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 21:21   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys.

Received update from my SA that the booking is cancelled and the refund will be credited before the end of March.

Its a shame on Mahindra that a booking can be done in 1 minute flat, but refund is a long irritating process.
Sorry for this off topic post, but it's not only Mahindra. You take any business for that matter booking, buying etc is always a click of the button while the refund, exchange etc always takes time isn't it ? We experience this everywhere. Am not saying it's good, but that's how it is.
NFS2024 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 21:59   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Sorry for this off topic post, but it's not only Mahindra. You take any business for that matter booking, buying etc is always a click of the button while the refund, exchange etc always takes time isn't it ? We experience this everywhere. Am not saying it's good, but that's how it is.

I had booked a Maruti vehicle online, but after its launch I changed my mind. I got the refund remarkably quickly. I hope other manufacturers too follow same timeline.
Old 19th March 2019, 23:34   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys.
I can say that Renault and Nissan are absolutely the same. I had to wait at least 3 weeks in each case to get my money back, and that included multiple calls and visits to the dealerships.
sdaityari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 09:11   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
My cancellation was also based upon a direct comparison between Ecosport Titanium and the W8 variant, which I explained to the Mahindra marketing person who had called me for feedback once I initiated the cancelation. There was a long conversation in which he tried to sell the first in class "features" to me, but I was adamant that the XUV is overpriced by almost a lakh when compared to the Ecosport. Result was that the dealership then called me and offered extended warranties free if I stuck to my booking.
Freebies in the launch month itself tells you how badly Mahindra have miscalculated xuv300 price points. Had Mahindra launched it 1 Lac cheaper as introductory pricing, it could have been a roaring success. Mahindra could have jacked up pricing over an year to eighteen months once the market reputation of xuv300 was established.

Now, in a slowing market, it will be very tough to shake off the market's view that the car is overpriced. Discounts on a new model tell the buyer that the product is not successful. So, Mahindra could be stuck in a difficult spot, because of their own mistakes.
guptad42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 09:28   #1018
Senior - BHPian

The problem with wrong pricing is not to restricted to one particular brand, it has happened to all car makers. This may be due to a gap between Engineering and Sales team. I wonder why such simple things miss the eyes of Top Management.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 09:38   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The problem with wrong pricing is not to restricted to one particular brand, it has happened to all car makers. This may be due to a gap between Engineering and Sales team. I wonder why such simple things miss the eyes of Top Management.
The pricing has certainly not missed the eyes of top management. They are well aware of the fact that the car is priced well above the competition in the market, and they were already on the defensive when the launch event happened- even before any questions were raised. I remember that in the speech given by the officials, they made it a point to mention that they were not ready to launch a meagerly specced version on the pretext of meeting a low price point, and therefore, their products would carry premium pricing.

The company is merely trying their luck and testing the waters to see if the Indian market is willing to shell out big bucks at a product which is projected at having many first in class features.
Old 20th March 2019, 10:08   #1020
BHPian

I've spotted almost 5 XUV300s in Nashik. Some of them were having a temporary registration number and some had permanent number. Yes, they belonged to customers. I've seen white, silver and black so far and all of them had LED DRLs which means people are buying top two variants. I think XUV300 will go the Creta way, premium pricing but people will buy it anyway for the quality it has to offer.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks