Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2017, 21:14   #271
BHPian

re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I hope it will be launched with an automatic variant, which will meet my requirements - a spacious, fun to drive hatch back with automatic transmission. Polo GT TSi does not meet the space criteria.
I believe the RS will only be launched with the manual gearbox and in the Alpha trim only. It's been confirmed in this thread too. I had a chat with a few nexa sales folks and they too confirmed this.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 01:01   #272
BHPian

re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

Baleno RS with 1.0L (3-cylinder) BoosterJet Engine.
  1. Engine spec:
    • Max Power: 100 BHP @ 5500 RPM
    • Max Torque: 150 Nm @ 1700 - 4500 RPM
  2. Manual Transmission
  3. Front and Rear Disc Brakes
  4. Power to weight: ~ 100 BHP/tonne

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-img19.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-img27.jpg

Senna4Ever is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 06:38   #273
Senior - BHPian

Two different tires and wheels on offer. So are we looking at two variants maybe? Zeta and Alpha.

Hoping they get the 6AT in as well later. They are best placed to introduce more AT models in the country.
SchumiFan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 07:50   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Two different tires and wheels on offer. So are we looking at two variants maybe? Zeta and Alpha.

Hoping they get the 6AT in as well later. They are best placed to introduce more AT models in the country.
RS is to be introduced in the Alpha trim only. At least two Nexa RMs confirmed this to me. The 15 inch wheel might be the spare wheel's spec. Also, the Zeta trim too comes with 16 inch wheels as standard, while the spare wheel is 15 inch.

Last edited by y2ksrs : 26th January 2017 at 07:51.
y2ksrs is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 13:36   #275
Senior - BHPian

Where did the 10 bhp go? I thought that it is 110 bhp, not 100 bhp..

Is this engine manufactured in India? Or imported? Is it fair to assume that the engine is manufactured in India because it is offered in lower state of tune? Or do we have cases of imported engine specifically detuned to cater to Indian conditions?

The last I knew was that the car is completely manufactured in India, including engine etc., and exported to the world. So, why the detuned version then..
Old 26th January 2017, 14:32   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post

Is this engine manufactured in India? Or imported? Is it fair to assume that the engine is manufactured in India because it is offered in lower state of tune? Or do we have cases of imported engine specifically detuned to cater to Indian conditions?

The last I knew was that the car is completely manufactured in India, including engine etc., and exported to the world. So, why the detuned version then..
Detuned for mileage perhaps?? After burning their hands with the SX4 petrol, they'll think twice before offering any car with raw power.

Or may be they have detuned keeping in mind the fuel available here.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 26th January 2017 at 14:33.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 14:43   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Detuned for mileage perhaps?? After burning their hands with the SX4 petrol, they'll think twice before offering any car with raw power.

Or may be they have detuned keeping in mind the fuel available here.
Yeah, maybe. But it seems like a relatively less thought out reason.

With turbo-petrols, the highest peak power doesn't affect FE as much. It's your style of driving that is more important. Most people get mediocre mileage out of turbos because they tend to drive faster + jerkily than they will have with NA engines. However, a lot of them attribute it to the engine being inherently less efficient, which is not true.

I personally will not buy a NA petrol now. Ever. These turbos are so much fun!
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 14:57   #278
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
The above sheet clearly says the engine is imported from Suzuki, Japan. Also, the Japanese new Swift RSt has a 100 BHP 1L Petrol engine (source: http://www.suzuki.co.jp/car/swift/detail/spec_rst.html).
Old 26th January 2017, 15:20   #279
Senior - BHPian

Are we going to get an AT ?
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-img_0017.jpg  

kpzen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 21:52   #280
BHPian

^ Keep in mind that the car will probably be exported from India as well. So importing something does not necessarily translate into it being sold in the Indian market in the same configuration.
chncar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 00:53   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

114 mm GC, seriously??

It says minimum, but still that is too low.
Old 27th January 2017, 16:45   #282
Senior - BHPian

Where did the 10 horses go? I hope it's only fuel quality that forced this detuning.

As long as the engines turbo lag is controlled, we can surely expect this car to be a hot hatch. Remember that the Baleno is the lightest in the segment.
Old 27th January 2017, 17:19   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
114 mm GC, seriously??

It says minimum, but still that is too low.
This is the Vehicle GC when fully laden. Unladen GC should be higher. I read this in new fortuner review thread, the GC specified has to be for fully laden vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
184 mm of ground clearance. Karan561 shared that this is the laden ground clearance, and that the unladen rating is 225 mm (link to post). Official response from Toyota is "184 mm measurement is as per the new ARAI measurement standards - LADEN mass at GVW (gross vehicle weight)".
LordSharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 17:23   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Where did the 10 horses go? I hope it's only fuel quality that forced this detuning.

As long as the engines turbo lag is controlled, we can surely expect this car to be a hot hatch. Remember that the Baleno is the lightest in the segment.
If the international variant is 110 Bhp, i think a simple ECU remap should do the trick of getting the 10 horses back, and maybe few more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
This is the Vehicle GC when fully laden. Unladen GC should be higher. I read this in new fortuner review thread, the GC specified has to be for fully laden vehicle.
Ya thought so much, thanks for clarifying.
Old 27th January 2017, 17:43   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
[b]Baleno RS with 1.0L (3-cylinder) BoosterJet Engine.
)
Thanks for the info! So, are we getting rear disk brakes in the Indian variant too?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks