Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2016, 09:51   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Infact, the way both Baleno diesel and petrols performed around the track - I'm looking forward to seeing how the RS would fare (hope they do the tests next year as well). A much lighter chasis than the other two, plus a good 30 bhp / ton power to weight advantage over the normal petrol version should see it fly around the track, even if its bogged down a bit by the 6 speed automatic box.
Aditya Patel had praised the Baleno on track for good brakes and handling. Baleno RS would have all 4 disc brakes and an advantage of 30 bhp/ton. Would it be faster than Punto Abarth on track?

P. S : I don't believe the current news about 6 speed AT in booster jet Baleno. The car which I had spotted at cochin and also the car displayed at Auto Expo had manual transmission

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 28th July 2016 at 09:53.
Old 28th July 2016, 10:13   #167
Senior - BHPian

re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Comments like this hype it for more than what its worth. Its a good automatic no doubt and the best automatic for the price, but like other automatics for the price - fell flat on its face given a track.
I think you mis-interpreted my words or probably I did not put them across as intended.

To begin with, I was referring to the 'DSG Gearbox' ONLY as being so well tuned where the gear shifts are almost seamless and fuss free. Again, these are especially notable only during the Upshifts as DSG is known to be a hit or miss during some of the Downshifts.

I am myself not a believer of the premium price GT TSI commands over the MT as it puts it right next to the most powerful diesel hatch (on paper) GT TDI, which can also offer much better FE and less trouble free gearbox.

Coming back to Baleno RS, there are no 2 ways about the fact that:

Shedding Weight = Shedding Acceleration time

Surely the 6 Speed AT of the Baleno RS will be great to channel the power, but IMO it may not be whole lot better than the 7 Speed DSG gearbox, as this latter is known to be quite capable during upshifts.
Vik0728 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 14:27   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno is just launched in Australia, and here is a review of its1.0L boosterjet, 6 Speed AT variant.

Quote:
Although smaller in size, the Baleno offers just as much interior space and boot capacity while stacking the standard equipment list and offering prices as low as $16,990 driveaway to help sway budget-conscious buyers.
Quote:
The 82kW/160Nm 1.0-litre turbocharged three-cylinder in the GLX Turbo, the performance of the Baleno does not exactly flaw you, but with maximum torque in the turbo engine coming from 1500rpm it can offer some genuine excitement.
Quote:
Overtaking is easy and accelerating up to speed on a freeway on-ramp is effortless with no detectable turbo lag.

The six-speed transmission in our GLX Turbo is also a delight, holding gears when needed and shifting smoothly when required. Paddle shifters come standard on the top-spec Baleno and it can be rewarding to rev the eager 1.0-litre all the way to redline.

Suzuki also claims excellent fuel economy, 5.1 litres per 100 kilometres in the manual GL, 5.4L/100km for the automatic GL and 5.2L/100km for the GLX Turbo, helped by the lightweight and small engines.

Our economy figure of 5.9L/100km was not far off official figures for the turbo with a good portion of driving done through Melbourne’s peak hour traffic mixed with some light weekend work.

Suzuki has tuned the suspension on the softer side, absorbing road imperfections and small bumps with ease but, as is often the case in lightweight cars, road and engine noise does creep into the cabin.

Although never reaching levels of annoyance or becoming unbearable, the Baleno could defiantly use another layer or two of sound deadening in the wafer-thin doors.
LINK

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st August 2016 at 14:29.
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 00:29   #169
CGB
BHPian

Just now spotted a baleno RS test mule in black colour in chennai. Has rear discs and had manual 5-speed transmission and different alloys

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-image.jpeg

Rear discs with different alloy design yet the same tyre profile:

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-image-2.jpeg

Interiors with some notes stuck on steering wheel mentioning 'check torque'

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-image-1.jpeg

Had five speed manual transmission. Must be with revised gear ratios. The car came to leisure shopping with a family.

Note from Support : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd August 2016 at 07:16. Reason: Please read the note posted.
CGB is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 02:07   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
Interiors with some notes stuck on steering wheel mentioning 'check torque'

Had five speed manual transmission. Must be with revised gear ratios. The car came to leisure shopping with a family.

[/b]
Good catch!! Car which I had spotted 7 months back at cochin also looked same. I am happy that it's a manual transmission(Cochin car also had manual transmission). Few websites are claiming booster jet would be launched with automatic, which I firmly don't believe.

It looks like a Bridgestone tyre. It's not clearly visible though. I just zoomed in and could only make out the "stone" part of Bridgestone.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 3rd August 2016 at 02:11.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 07:47   #171
CGB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It looks like a Bridgestone tyre. It's not clearly visible though. I just zoomed in and could only make out the "stone" part of Bridgestone.
Yes naren! Those are Bridgestone tyres and it shod 195/60R15 all around. No badges and interior changes. It's hard to grasp the changes until you don't have a sharp sight for a RS.
Old 3rd August 2016, 08:41   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki's Baleno gradually increases its sales in EU (delivery constraints stands), reports of its boosterjet variant seem encouraging,

Source- left-lane
The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-capture.jpg

Auto Express review,
The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-ae.jpg
The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-dsc_6348.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd August 2016 at 08:54.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:05   #173
Senior - BHPian

Spotted one today at SCLR. When i opened the window to speak with the guy, he became super arrogant and told me this is not RS, repeatedly despite me not mentioning it.

When I took his pic later he got more pissed and said I'll sue you! The car was on red HR plates.

Any idea why he was pissed ? Rear disk brakes gave the car away.
blackwasp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 12:48   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
Just now spotted a baleno RS test mule in black colour in chennai. Has rear discs and had manual 5-speed transmission and different alloys
Not sure if this is the India spec model. Looks export spec, since it has cruise control buttons on the steering wheel as well.
Unless MSIL will be offering cruise control in the RS, in which case it will be super awesome.
akhil994 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 20:48   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki postpones Baleno RS and Ignis launches.

Baleno RS is likely to be launched in Jan 2017 while the Ignis will launch in Oct- Nov 2016.

Quote:
It is understood that with the carmaker already facing large backorders for the Baleno hatchback and the Vitara Brezza compact SUV with waiting periods spiralling to between 6-9 months, especially for the top end variants, this change in launch strategy for the new product launches has been envisaged.
Maruti Suzuki has therefore decided not to add another new model to the existing backlog of orders as the initial bookings for the new models are also expected to be quite large. The carmaker has just enhanced production capacity of the Vitara Brezza from 8,000 units per month to 10,000 units in mid-July at its Gurgaon facility and to 12,000 units for the Baleno from the earlier 8,000 units in June-July at Manesar
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th August 2016 at 20:52.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:14   #176
BHPian

Is this a confirmed news? Wouldnt the RS be launched around Diwali time?
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:30   #177
BHPian

So how likely is it that the Baleno RS will be launched. Is it almost official, or are these just rumours and speculation?

Would like to know as I'm thinking of replacing my 10 year old Honda City, and I would willingly wait for a Baleno RS.
Old 22nd August 2016, 13:17   #178
Senior - BHPian

Will the Baleno RS come with a better steering? I found the Baleno's steering to be quite accurate but it simply has no resistance and needs to be helped back to center which is quite unnerving. Or have they simply begun pretending that that is acceptable now?
Old 24th August 2016, 18:50   #179
BHPian

Well, bearing disappointing news today ! Saw a Baleno RS test mule, BUT with the same alloy wheel design as the one currently available !

If Maruti doesn't change the alloys, that's poor execution from them.
Couldn't take picture from angle showing the wheels. But I'm 100% sure they were India spec alloys.

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472044762.992253.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472044792.656670.jpg
akhil994 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 13:51   #180
BHPian

Baleno RS will also be launched along with Ignis this Diwali.

More rumors or confirmed news? Let's wait and find out.

Source: https://www.motorbeam.com/2016/08/ca...rs-coming-too/
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks