Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2016, 18:57   #181
BHPian

re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

Hello Folks! Today I was amazed to see The Baleno Boosterjet in Pune more specifically near Motoplex on Nagar Road, Pune. Not that it is the first time but it was the first time I could see it parked and was free to walk around it.

First in first this car appears to be a bit lowered then the current vehicle. At first I thought it may just be some extra weight seen during testing but later on checking the interiors there was no extra weight at least visible.

Secondly probably (I'm guessing) that the car will be available with atleast a four or six airbag option (as you can see in the shiny window picture if you look closely )

And also as the pictures above suggest it does have the better looking alloys (IMHO) and all 4 disc brakes.

Now to the worrying bits. Yes it may take some time as probably the car has some final mapping work left and just a hunch it looks too well made to be a a made in India car and Fit and Finish looked impeccable. It may be possible that this particular car was imported from Japan for testing; Can't say. But this particular car lowered, great rims and amazing interiors with extra safety tech may be a GT Killer ! My two cents . . .

Pocket Rocket anyone !
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-img_6012.jpg  

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-img_6017.jpg  

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-img_6019.jpg  

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-img_6020.jpg  

MartinVirage is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 14:53   #182
BHPian

re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

I have a alpha 1.2 booked and expected delivery is by october. But i am seriously considering going for 1.0 boosterjet version if the OTR difference is less than a lakh.
Is the expected launch still october? Also any hints about the expected pricing?
The nexa dealership doesnt have any information regarding Baleno RS
Old 29th August 2016, 14:56   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
Is the expected launch still october?
Would likely be a ~ Oct - November launch. Expect a lakh (max) premium over the current model and might be available only in a specific variant.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 15:16   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Would likely be a ~ Oct - November launch. Expect a lakh (max) premium over the current model and might be available only in a specific variant.
Yes, looking at the european and australian models, RS would surely be an Alpha with few additional features.

I think it would still fit the bill for most of the young individuals who want a spirited ride on highways.
Just talked to my RM and they still don't have any information about the RS version, its almost september and I have my fingers crossed for the launch date.
Old 29th August 2016, 15:26   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno is the recent launch from Suzuki in Australia.

Baleno Turbo - (1.0L Boosterjet with 6AT) review.

volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 15:36   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVirage View Post
... it looks too well made to be a a made in India car and Fit and Finish looked impeccable. It may be possible that this particular car was imported from Japan for testing...
On the contrary, Baleno is being manufactured only in India and its exported to Japan and Europe.

Suzuki launches "Made in India" Baleno in Japan

Only thing that could set this particular car apart is that its an export variant (for Japan ?? its RHD), so might have received extra care while assembly.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 20:25   #187
BHPian

Baleno RS launch is going to take place as per schedule, preferably around the festive season, if the news from NDTV is to be believed.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...season-1238126
Old 30th August 2016, 22:01   #188
BHPian

Rookie question: I see reports that Petrol SHVS as well as Boosterjet models are in the making. How then are we able to differentiate one from the other in the test mules?
Old 31st August 2016, 00:50   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Rookie question: I see reports that Petrol SHVS as well as Boosterjet models are in the making. How then are we able to differentiate one from the other in the test mules?
Baleno with SVHS is not undergoing frequent tests. Also previous spy shots of SVHS Baleno looked like export variant. I have doubts if Maruti is really testing this car on our roads.

I don't know why all the Baleno boosterjet variants spied are black in colour. I had posted the pic of Baleno boosterjet ( first in India ) and that car was also black in colour.
Old 4th September 2016, 09:45   #190
BHPian

Managed to get a close shot of the gear box doing duty in the Baleno Boosterjet
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-img_20160903_1546502.jpg  

Prodigy07 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 14:26   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Managed to get a close shot of the gear box doing duty in the Baleno Boosterjet
Interesting that the steering has Cruise Control buttons as well. Hope this makes it to the variants sold in India.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 16:52   #192
BHPian

As per IBTimes, Baleno BoosterJet is scheduled for a November launch.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/maruti-suzu...ovember-692812

However, there is something interesting to note here:

Quote:
It will be either mated to five-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. Reports indicate that the automatic transmission option will also come with paddle shifters
Hopefully they do launch an AT version with paddle shifters to give a sportier feeling. Pretty sure it will give a good run to POLO TSI and let the Abarth sink further down.
jasjotbains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 22:44   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
Hopefully they do launch an AT version with paddle shifters to give a sportier feeling.
True, with Hyundai deciding to price the barebones i20-AT at crazy levels, there is a dire need for a spacious and good to drive AT in our market. I really hope it is conventional AT and not CVT.
Old 23rd September 2016, 08:00   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno RS debuts in Rally Version in Rome - Italy

Quote:
Rally version of the car was developed by the project EmmetreRacing and Motorsport Suzuki Italy starting from Baleno' s, production car pushed by the boosterjet engine, with thousand cc, three-cylinder, 112 hp, 170 Nm of torque 16.5 kgm (170 Nm at 2000-3500 rev/min).
The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-rr.jpg
The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-img_1384.jpg
The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-img_1466.jpg
The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-img_1467.jpg

Source - Suzukicarblog

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd September 2016 at 08:06.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:05   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

As launch is near speculations and finer details appear on the Baleno RS.

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-marutisuzukibalenors10rearview80520.jpg
The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-marutisuzukibalenors10leftsideview80521.jpg

1.The Baleno RS is expected to be offered as a fully loaded top-of-the-line version

2. This car will also be offered in a special shade of black and blue that is currently not offered with the standard car

3. To introduce a new body kit as well as swankier alloy wheels which will give the Baleno some sporty credibility to match the RS tag.

4..Expected to give a good fuel economy

5. Likely to offer this car with both the five-speed manual and the CVT.

6. Car will get rear disc brakes as standard. Since it is expected to be a top-of-the-line variant, dual front airbags and ABS with EBD will be standard item in the feature list.

7. Expected to be a lakh more than its equivalent 1.2L variant.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd September 2016 at 14:07.
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks