Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2016, 15:10   #136

re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched

Quote:
Is that price after 50k discount that is being offered at this point of time on vento petrol? Last I checked it was 12.72 with 50k discount excluding extended insurance and b2b without any negotiations for TSI highline. 12.2
Yes the price is after the discount essentially I could manage to get 60 k discount and got them to throw in free 0 dep insurance and Extended warranty.
The price was recently revised upwards by around 20k due to increase in VAT. The price list is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-img_5102.jpg  

Old 7th October 2016, 14:08   #137
BHPian

Well well well....after seeking everyone's advice here and on other threads, finally I have stuck to my gut feeling and the majority's advice and brought a Honda City. Getting delivery this Dussehra. Hope to post a review once I get it.
Old 7th October 2016, 14:09   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
Well well well....after seeking everyone's advice here and on other threads, finally I have stuck to my gut feeling and the majority's advice and brought a Honda City. Getting delivery this Dussehra. Hope to post a review once I get it.
Congratulations! What we're the discounts offered and which model did you opt for?
Old 7th October 2016, 14:50   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

It's official - the Vento/Rapid facelifts will receive the Ameo's 1.5L 110PS TDI engine.

Quote:
While the changes that the new Vento and Rapid receive don’t look substantial from outside, they will get the new 1.5-litre TDI motor that debuted in the recently launched compact sedan, the Ameo. We expect Skoda to launch the Rapid facelift by the end of this year while the Volkswagen Vento facelift hits showrooms in sometime early next year in India.

The 1.5-litre TDI motor in the Ameo makes 110PS of peak power and generates a maximum torque of 250Nm. Volkswagen offers an option between a 5-speed manual and a 7-speed DSG gearbox mated to this motor. The 1.5 TDI motor also proved to be quicker than the GT TDI as it does 0-100kmph sprint in 10.9s (automatic) and 10.8s (manual) against the 11.4s in the hatchback.
Overdrive
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 16:02   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
It's official - the Vento/Rapid facelifts will receive the Ameo's 1.5L 110PS TDI engine.

Overdrive
*When* is the question
Old 7th October 2016, 16:09   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
*When* is the question
The article says so..
Quote:
Volkswagen Vento facelift hits showrooms in sometime early next year in India.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 16:11   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The article says so..
Have been holding on to change my KA registered car for too long. Will go for a TSi now as anyway power changes are only to TDi. Will use the extra money to buy the LED lights and DRL's later then.

Vento TSI on road in chennai is 13.26 after corporate discount and cash discount.
Old 7th October 2016, 16:59   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Have been holding on to change my KA registered car for too long. Will go for a TSi now as anyway power changes are only to TDi. Will use the extra money to buy the LED lights and DRL's later then.

Vento TSI on road in chennai is 13.26 after corporate discount and cash discount.
I guess I might go your route too. At present oscillating between Honda City and TSI. Was hoping Vento to get 1.4TSI upgrade with the face-lift but that is something which is not going to happen in near future if at all it happens. The negotiation begins ¡
Old 8th October 2016, 01:23   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is that on the Highline? Seems like a good deal, which dealer is this? You should look at the TSI Comfortline as well, apart from steering mounted controls I don't see anything that you'd miss (at least that which cannot be retrofitted). You get black interiors as an added bonus in the Comfortline. You'd be spending a good lakh less upfront that way.
---
Harpreet, I doubt 1.4 TSI was ever on cards Considering that's is powering the Jetta, a segment above. Don't see it happening unless Jetta is completely out of the picture. The Vento is pretty competent with the 1.2 TSI under the hood.
Old 8th October 2016, 08:52   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Harpreet, I doubt 1.4 TSI was ever on cards Considering that's is powering the Jetta, a segment above. Don't see it happening unless Jetta is completely out of the picture. The Vento is pretty competent with the 1.2 TSI under the hood.
I guess I was over optimistic. Yes I agree I drove TSI and I was completely blown with the performance. Let's hope I will get out of my dilemma soon of City and Vento. I was not too impressed with CVT in city that's not even in the cards. I am considering manual city or TSI. Moreover city CVT VX(0) is way above the TSI highline as far as the price is concerned. And if I opt for comfortline the difference becomes even bigger. Looking for discounts and offers too along the line however the final selection is yet to be made. Did anyone get more discounts apart from 50k cash benefit. I heard someone saying in the forum about free extender warranty and free b2b insurance?
Old 8th October 2016, 10:58   #146
BHPian

I don't see 1.4 in near future. No news on that front. And this is Sundaram VW Chennai
Old 12th October 2016, 21:26   #147
BHPian

Friend was offered 1L discount on Vento highline diesel DSG in HYD; Taking delivery this Friday. Is that a good discount or waiting for the facelift is a better idea assuming that one will come with rear camera? He definitely wants rear view camera. Thanks!
Old 12th October 2016, 21:47   #148
BHPian

Rear view camera can always be retrofitted. What can't be changed is the engine component. If he is not in a hurry worth to wait for the diesel ones with the same engine as Ameo. If petrol then he can buy now as no changes apparently to the 1.2 TSI
Old 13th October 2016, 14:02   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Friend was offered 1L discount on Vento high-line diesel DSG in HYD; Taking delivery this Friday. Is that a good discount or waiting for the facelift is a better idea assuming that one will come with rear camera? He definitely wants rear view camera. Thanks!
I would suggest you wait for the newer , only reason for my suggestion is that the new TDi engine might worth be the wait . Other update would be cosmetic ones but don't think there would any harm in waiting . Expected launch dates seems to Jan 2017
Old 2nd November 2016, 17:29   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Is that on the Highline? Seems like a good deal, which dealer is this? You should look at the TSI Comfortline as well, apart from steering mounted controls I don't see anything that you'd miss (at least that which cannot be retrofitted). You get black interiors as an added bonus in the Comfortline. You'd be spending a good lakh less upfront that way.
---
Actually Jetta might just be getting out of the picture!!! The next facelift of Jetta may not be launched in India.

But how i wish VW would launch 1.4TSI in the vento!!!

Regards
Bharath

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks