Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2016, 16:40   #151
RWD
BHPian

Has VW stopped production of the current Vento? Wondering if they'll just do a soft launch of the updated Vento, with the next lot of deliveries.
Old 8th November 2016, 17:33   #152
BHPian

re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched

I checked today and they launched a new colour - Silk Blue (The one in Jetta) in Vento. So i guess the production has not stopped. When inquired about the face-lift i was given April 2017 as a launch month.
Old 8th November 2016, 18:37   #153
RWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lHarpreetl View Post
I checked today and they launched a new colour - Silk Blue (The one in Jetta) in Vento. So i guess the production has not stopped. When inquired about the face-lift i was given April 2017 as a launch month.
So it's not night blue, as you had earlier mentioned in the other thread. I'm glad it's silk blue instead.
What is the estimated waiting period at the dealer where you checked? I've been told a month and a half, and the cars delivered then, might be the updated Ventos. Not sure whether to believe this or not. Although I have a feeling that VW might be thinking of pushing the launch forward, in light of the Rapid facelift launch. April might be too far away.
Old 8th November 2016, 18:58   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD View Post
So it's not night blue, as you had earlier mentioned in the other thread. I'm glad it's silk blue instead.
Yes , I asked the Mods to correct it in the other thread after i confirmed from the dealer and i am glad that Silk blue is available. I was told that Silk Blue is in stock and is readily available(Else there is a waiting of 3-4 weeks), i am still in the negotiation mode on TSI. I feel since Rapid and Vento come out of the same Chakkan plant(correct me if i am wrong) it was not difficult to introduce the Silk Blue color that we see in New Rapid.
Old 9th November 2016, 18:18   #155
BHPian

I have seen the silk blue in person and the car looks nice. This color was launched around 1st of November and is available at dealership readily.

VW has announced 20K more discount than last month on the Vento. While I asked about the new Vento, I was told that it is not on the radar for a launch in the near future.

Last edited by Adi_k : 9th November 2016 at 18:20. Reason: Discount and new Vento launch details.
Old 9th November 2016, 18:50   #156
RWD
BHPian

Quote:
Yes , I asked the Mods to correct it in the other thread after i confirmed from the dealer and i am glad that Silk blue is available. I was told that Silk Blue is in stock and is readily available(Else there is a waiting of 3-4 weeks), i am still in the negotiation mode on TSI. I feel since Rapid and Vento come out of the same Chakkan plant(correct me if i am wrong) it was not difficult to introduce the Silk Blue color that we see in New Rapid.
Thanks for the clarification, Harpreet. I suppose my SR gave me misleading information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
This color was launched around 1st of November and is available at dealership readily.

VW has announced 20K more discount than last month on the Vento.
Thanks Adi. What kind of discount in total are we taking about here? I was offered 80K discount on TSI DSG highline, in August. But, now my SR says the discounts are not more than 10-20K, and the waiting has swelled up to a month and a half. He also added that the cars that will be delivered then, might be the updated Vento. Going by the information shared by you and Harpreet above, it seems he doesn't know what he is taking about.
RWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 22:14   #157
BHPian

Last month the discount was 70K while this month it is 90K for DSG TDI. In addition to push the dealer for more
Old 10th November 2016, 00:13   #158
BHPian

Quote:
What kind of discount in total are we taking about here?
I also checked for discounts on highline DSG TDI I was told around 90k which is the same as Adi said. It seems your SR is not giving you the right information. For TSI I am being offered 50k plus corporate discount. Their insurance is on a higher side when compared to others online. You can save there too.
Old 10th November 2016, 21:00   #159
BHPian

Latest Color in Vento. Landed in the dealership near me. I personally loved it.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-1478791821013.jpg  

lHarpreetl is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 21:08   #160
Team-BHP Support

The Silk Blue shade! Looks elegant!

VW has updated the brochure to include the new color:

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-colors.png

Oh man, but I can't get my eyes off the new Rapid - it has everything the Vento has plus the baby Octavia's looks!
Gannu_1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 21:14   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Oh man, but I can't get my eyes off the new Rapid - it has everything the Vento has plus the baby Octavia's looks!
I am also drooling on the new Rapid. I so wish they had TSI as well under their line up, something only Vento has in the similar segment. Yes for TDI DSG/MT, Rapid is the way to go.
lHarpreetl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 21:18   #162
BHPian

Quote:
it has everything the Vento has plus the baby Octavia's looks!
It doesn't have the TSI!
shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 21:40   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1575018

Agree, Blue is always an Elegant & Pleasing Color.

New Rapid is very good, now it's inline with the Family Look.

Quote:
I am also drooling on the new Rapid. I so wish they had TSI as well under their line up, something only Vento has in the similar segment. Yes for TDI DSG/MT, Rapid is the way to go.
There is a reason for Skoda not offering TSI Engine in Rapid. It's because Volkswagen considers it as a premium Brand over Skoda (Both are Premium Anyway). They have made an agreement, Skoda will be more Practical, Well Equipped Brand. While VW will be more of Performance oriented one.

Remember, the Vento Diesel Automatic was launched before Rapid DSG. While Skoda cars are better equipped & more practical.

Octavia > Jetta

Rapid > Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
It doesn't have the TSI!
Yes, I have mentioned the reason above.
Old 21st December 2016, 14:43   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
*When* is the question
Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Expected launch dates seems to Jan 2017
Quote:
Has VW stopped production of the current Vento? Wondering if they'll just do a soft launch of the updated Vento, with the next lot of deliveries.

Vento - Vento Preferred - Vento Crest and now Vento HighLine Plus (coming soon- Jan 2017?)

Vento HL Plus variant , the most evident addition in the fascia are the full LED headlamps underlined by LED daytime running lights (DRLs).

Quote:
Engine options for this variant will be the same as the recently updated ones. The 1.5-litre TDI diesel motor (108bhp, 250Nm) is new in the Vento, which has been borrowed from the Ameo and replaces the old 1.6-litre unit
Details here.
Link (Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review)

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st December 2016 at 14:52.
Old 23rd December 2016, 09:03   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Vento Highline plus to be launched followed by Polo in Jan 2017.

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-1.jpg
2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks