Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2016, 10:01   #166
BHPian

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Vento Highline plus to be launched followed by Polo in Jan 2017.
One more picture. Love the lamps.
2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1482467446.277833.jpg
ashishskapoor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 14:12   #167
BHPian

re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched

I love these lamps too. Have a March 2016 Facelifted Model but I am dying to get my hands on these new lamps. Can someone tell me if these new LED lamps can be fit to my Early 2016 Facelifted Vento TSI Highline?
Also inquired about these from Vagtune Cochin, they quoted 1.52 lacs for the LED headlamps and also said they were currently out of stock. I need to get these in Pune.
meetzap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 15:08   #168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The Silk Blue shade! Looks elegant!

VW has updated the brochure to include the new color:
What happened to the dark-blue shade? I hope they haven't discontinued it.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 23:00   #169
BHPian

Quote:
What happened to the dark-blue shade? I hope they haven't discontinued it.

You are probably referring to Night Blue shade. I think that has already been discontinued. Now these are the choices mate.
Silk Blue sits right between between 'matured' and 'frivolous'. Thus the dilemma!
ashishskapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 14:14   #170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
You are probably referring to Night Blue shade. I think that has already been discontinued. Now these are the choices mate.
Silk Blue sits right between between 'matured' and 'frivolous'. Thus the dilemma!
'Matured' being the Night Blue shade and 'frivolous' being Skoda's Race Blue?

Jokes apart, I'm thoroughly disappointed that Night Blue has been taken off the list. It's the best colour on the Vento IMO and works really well with the beige interior upholstery/trim.

Silk Blue was first seen in our Market on the refreshed Jetta and then on the Ameo. Not a huge fan of the shade but it works well on the Jetta.

I have also noticed that 'Toffee Brown' has been made available on the Polo, and I have my reservations about that colour on a hatchback.
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 15:05   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
]Silk Blue was first seen in our Market on the refreshed Jetta and then on the Ameo. Not a huge fan of the shade but it works well on the Jetta.

I have also noticed that 'Toffee Brown' has been made available on the Polo, and I have my reservations about that colour on a hatchback.
Couldn't agree more. VW is slowly changing the colour palette from conventional black-silver-red to grey-brown-silk blue.
Although, all shades are sophisticated, not every colour should go on every car. It loses exclusivity.
Old 5th January 2017, 14:59   #172
BHPian

Here, we are so anxiously waiting for the LED lights & CarPlay on the Vento, and in Brazil, the camouflaged Vento is seen testing.
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/next-gener...t-time-1645125

VW, please give us the LED & CarPlay update soon in the current generation car.
ashishskapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 15:06   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
Here, we are so anxiously waiting for the LED lights & CarPlay on the Vento, and in Brazil, the camouflaged Vento is seen testing.
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/next-gener...t-time-1645125

VW, please give us the LED & CarPlay update soon in the current generation car.
You are likely to get this update in the so called facelift.(2017)

But be aware the 2018 Vento will be the new generation in terms of looks, interior space and likely a bit more 'premium' pricing too.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 15:14   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
You are likely to get this update in the so called facelift.(2017)
The first Vento with LED lights was spotted in Jan 2016 (1st post in this thread). Following which, the LED Vento was confidently showcased at the New Delhi Auto Expo in February 2016.
It really shouldn't take them so long to test the car's power management, if nothing else has changed.
Old 17th January 2017, 16:12   #175
BHPian

VW has announced offers for the existing model Vento last week.

This is more over a stock clearance sale for the existing 1.5L 104PS / 110 PS TDI ones, which is a 2016 model. Its heard that the production is on a pause in 2017 as its time for the new competent one to replace the existing legend.

The TSI model is not expected to have any sort of a change in the upcoming face-lift. As already spotted, face-lifted model shall have LED headlamps along with an optional all black alloys. Suspension shall also get some minor tweaks like previous two face-lifts to make it a better comfortable one. Its anticipated to accommodate Reverse camera, Touch screen head-unit, Automatic headlamps and Automated Wipers as its already there in less expensive Ameo.

Keyless entry is still a luxury as per VW and it will be too much to expect from the German brand entry level sedan atleast till next face-lift. Since Jetta is ending its lifecycle in India, VW can plan to introduce sun roof in the 2018 facelift of Vento in order to justify the pricing and stand the competition from Honda and Hyundai!

It would be great if VW makes the DSG a bit more responsive ( like the one is LAURA / Octavia / Jetta) as the current one is pretty lazy when compared with its elder brothers. With the new engine having 5 PS of extra power, its rest assured to be a great fun to drive car in the segment.

As per the almost confirmed rumors, we can look out for the promotions of Vento 2017 face-lift model by late Feb 2017, followed by the launch happening in mid March 2017.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-vento-offer.jpg  

Last edited by Nikz : 17th January 2017 at 16:15. Reason: Adding the pic
Nikz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 18:42   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikz View Post
The TSI model is not expected to have any sort of a change in the upcoming face-lift. As already spotted, face-lifted model shall have LED headlamps along with an optional all black alloys. Suspension shall also get some minor tweaks like previous two face-lifts to make it a better comfortable one. Its anticipated to accommodate Reverse camera, Touch screen head-unit, Automatic headlamps and Automated Wipers as its already there in less expensive Ameo... As per the almost confirmed rumors, we can look out for the promotions of Vento 2017 face-lift model by late Feb 2017, followed by the launch happening in mid March 2017.
I second that. Have been looking forward to the 'NEW' Vento for quite some time and 2 different dealerships in Mumbai have confirmed that Vento with LED lights will "most likely" be announced sometime in February and deliveries will start by March. Also, the new model will be replacing the current Highline model (and won't be introduced as HL Plus) as it won't be limited addition - none of the other VW cars have a permanent "PLUS" model.
All of this makes sense except the price hike of about 1 Lac. The difference between Comfortline and Highline would be a lot, then. VW has taken over a year since the first test runs, it better be a great set of lights.

Last edited by ashishskapoor : 17th January 2017 at 18:44.
Old 20th January 2017, 18:56   #177
BHPian

Has anyone been following up with dealerships for the Vento with LED lights?
I've been intimated that new car with LED is at the final test at the Chakan factory and I can expect delivery in 15 days. One dealer is willing to take the bookings while others are not giving confirmation till the time they get a 'formal' confirmation from VW.
Old 20th January 2017, 20:15   #178
BHPian

Vento, Polo and Ameo lovers, forgive me for asking.
Don't you guys think that its time for Volkswagen start redesigning their cars ?

Total of 3 major cars and all three of them look exactly the same, except when viewed from behind. Its gotten kinda copy and paste, just my perspective.
ramharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 20:19   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Yes 2018 the next Gen Polo/Vento will arrive. But they will follow their logic of having similar external look like most Global companies.
Old 20th January 2017, 21:28   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post

Don't you guys think that its time for Volkswagen start redesigning their cars ?

Total of 3 major cars and all three of them look exactly the same, except when viewed from behind. Its gotten kinda copy and paste, just my perspective.

That's the same for Audi, BMW too, ain't it? I think there are some family looks that get carried over intentionally and as long as it is classic I think it doesn't matter. Most car companies today are following this, whether it's Skoda, Jaguar and few others too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks