Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2017, 17:02   #271
BHPian

Re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched

Just checked TOI Bangalore addition and there is an ad which says up to 1lac + 30K exchange offer on Vento Highline Plus and 70K on Polo.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-vento-ad.jpg  

Old 7th July 2017, 14:39   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitnallani View Post
Took the delivery of TSI Highline Plus recently. When i booked the car it was supposed to come with 15inch alloys. But was informed that my car came from the factory fitted with 16inch 195-55-R16 Apollo Tyres.

The R16s are apparently coming only on the Highline Plus variants.
Finally, they upgraded the wheels. It took 6 months to get the complete facelift. In one price list I see Polo Highline Plus, does it come with LED Lamps?
Old 7th July 2017, 14:53   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitnallani View Post
Took the delivery of TSI Highline Plus recently. When i booked the car it was supposed to come with 15inch alloys. But was informed that my car came from the factory fitted with 16inch 195-55-R16 Apollo Tyres.

Was informed that the price also had gone up because of the Tyre Upgrade. The tyre change has not been updated on the website. The R16s are apparently coming only on the Highline Plus variants.
Interesting upsize by VW. Stock size was 185/60/15 and with the 195-55-16, the difference is 2.97% change. So does this mean if i upsize to this during my next tyre chage cycle, it should be fine?
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 16:42   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Interesting upsize by VW. Stock size was 185/60/15 and with the 195-55-16, the difference is 2.97% change. So does this mean if i upsize to this during my next tyre chage cycle, it should be fine?
I guess it should be fine.. even though the tyres are wider the sidewall is lower by 4 to 5 mm which is very very minimal .Also the tyres fill the wheel space pretty well and look nice. I guess u can upgrade once the warranty is over. Not so sure about the difference in ride quality and fuel economy between 185/60/R15 and 195/55/R16.
Old 19th July 2017, 08:18   #275
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a doubt/query. I keep reading, on the forum, that VW has no plans to bring in new versions polo/Vento into India. Now I am not a very informed or knowledgeable guy in this regard but I can't understand why would they do so.

Now, this doubt/question is based on below assumptions and theory. As I said am not very knowledgeable so please feel free to punch holes in it.

Assumption 1: VW is moving to 1.0 TSI for polo. From whatever I have read new versions of polo will have 1.0 TSI. Another leap one may take from here is that 1.2 TSI will cease to exist

Assumption 2: Indian manufacturing unit has far higher capacity than Indian demand and thus is dependent on export

So when remaining world moves to 1.0 TSI, and basically the newer version of polo, same would have to be manufactured and exported out of VW plants in India. In that case won't it make sense to re-tool the Indian assembly line also for the newer version....or at least stop manufacturing 1.2 engine for the small Indian demand and move polo to 1.0 TSI and Vento to 1.4 TSI engine?

Off course all this falls flat if none of the above assumptions are true.
Old 19th July 2017, 08:30   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
I have a doubt/query. I keep reading, on the forum, that VW has no plans to bring in new versions polo/Vento into India---
In past it was speculated the new generation on VW cars (Polo/Virtus/Vento) would be cost prohibitive on manufacturing ( tooling and initial investment) as they are built on the new generation MQB( A0) platform, and that is where VW was toying with the idea of using the TATA alliance to bring India specific cars being built on the AMP platform(cost sharing with Tata), which is now speculated to be cost prohibitive.

But now with the VW -TATA alliance yet to take off or rather could be shelved it remains to be seen whether VW will invest in India onr the new generation of vehicles in line with the S American markets.

IMO, we will get the new generation of VW(Polo/ Vento/ T Cross/ T ROC) / Skoda vehicles on the MQB platform, though it will be not earlier than 2019.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 09:05   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm looking at a Vento Highline+ TSi as well, this discount is to say the least, very, very tempting. Only that I hated the car when I test-drove it, maybe it had to do with stock hard tires or over-inflated tyres but the ride quality was not cushy at all, there was considerable wobble. Could be fixed with better softer tyres, the other problem was the sear space.. strictly for 2 people and even then its far from a luxury seating (not enough side support, flattish seats).

I could still ignore that but the steering was just not good, to be very polite.. extremely numb and quite light. Of course I know all for a fact that an old test drive vehicle is no benchmark for a factory new dispatch. Need to ponder a bit. BTW is the discount applicable to TSi?
Old 19th July 2017, 09:42   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Of course I know all for a fact that an old test drive vehicle is no benchmark for a factory new dispatch.
Definitely try other dealer TD cars!
Old 20th July 2017, 10:10   #279
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am in the market for buying a Vento TSI Highline Plus Titanium Beige. The dealer is offering 16 inch alloy OEM wheels for extra 10K on the onroad price. Do u think It is worth it?
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 10:18   #280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Hi Guys,
I am in the market for buying a Vento TSI Highline Plus Titanium Beige. The dealer is offering 16 inch alloy OEM wheels for extra 10K on the onroad price. Do u think It is worth it?
Other than that it looks better, the benefits are negligible. It probably rides better than the 15" but that also depends on the tyres.

For an additional 10k, I would take it.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 11:39   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Hi Guys,
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Other than that it looks better, the benefits are negligible. It probably rides better than the 15" but that also depends on the tyres.

For an additional 10k, I would take it.
I got a call from VW dealer in mumbai saying now Highline plus comes with 16 inch alloys so i am asking why even pay 10k extra when it is already part of the car. If it is from older stock just negotiate a bit more and you will get it without paying 10k, what discount have they offered?
sagpatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 22:35   #282
BHPian

Checked in Blr @ VW dealer
They apparently now have 2 HL+ variants, one HL+ (could be old/existing) stock) and another HL+16" wheels variant. The ex-showroom price of the one with 16" is 11.3 k more than old HL+. This further results in 2200 extra in road tax in blr. In summary, one pays 13.5 k extra for 16" wheels.

Also, there is a 10% off (before any negotiation) on ex-showroom for all 2016 manufactured cars.

On 2017 HL+ they are offering 60k discount along with a promise to match the best insurance quote that one can get.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks