Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2016, 13:38   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
It does have the Bluetooth connectivity. So I was able to pair my phone, make and receive calls and also could view my phonebook on the HU screen, but the HU was unable to play music on my mobile.
Ask the SA to demonstrate the same - in the media options, along with CD and AUX, there should be a separate option for bluetooth audio as well.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 14:29   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
Side note: I have been looking forward to CarPlay on Vento for over 10 months now. Just hope they bring in with new update. Even Trendline TDI Jetta comes with CarPlay. So it isn't very far off feature.
I know about the LED DRLs and HIDs being a part of the facelift but never in a single forum I saw the mention of apple carplay (don't know if I have missed it multiple times).

If that is indeed the case, then I definitely need to wait. May I request you to post the source from where you may have read about the vento coming with carplay?
Old 20th September 2016, 16:19   #93
BHPian

Quote:
I know about the LED DRLs and HIDs being a part of the facelift but never in a single forum I saw the mention of apple carplay (don't know if I have missed it multiple times).

If that is indeed the case, then I definitely need to wait. May I request you to post the source from where you may have read about the vento coming with carplay?
I don't think there is any concrete info anywhere in this forum or in any media outlet . It is just that we are hoping that it would be there . Also the facelift includes updated diesel engine with new power figures around 110bhp .
Old 20th September 2016, 22:08   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
I don't think there is any concrete info anywhere in this forum or in any media outlet . It is just that we are hoping that it would be there . Also the facelift includes updated diesel engine with new power figures around 110bhp .
Talked to VW Mumbai West sales rep Mr Akhilesh Yadav.

He told me a few things that were a bit surprising:

1) that HIDs and DRLs are going to be a part of only the "Highline Plus" variant when the new facelift is released. No other variant including the Highline will be getting these. Also, the price for the Highline Plus variant will be around ₹1.25 lakh higher than the Highline variant just for including this change.

2) The power output in the TDI has already been jacked upto 110 BHP
I have asked him to share the brochure showing this. He will get back to me.

Quite a few things happening. Wondering if I should take delivery this Dussehra or not?
toofanwheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 11:42   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1) the price for the Highline Plus variant will be around ₹1.25 lakh higher than the Highline variant just for including this change.

What in the blue hell does VW think they are selling, a Volkswagen Veyron???

Even if there is any truth behind this speculation from Mr Yadav, I think customers shopping for Highline 'Plus' Vento will switchover to Elantra/Octavia.

What is gonna be even more ridiculous is the pricing of the GT TDI, which I understand stands at ~11.2 lakhs OTR Bangalore today !!

If I had that kinda money in my wallet and was out car shopping, I would pick S-Cross 320DDiS eyes shut, unless something else comes around.
Old 21st September 2016, 17:24   #96
BHPian

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
What in the blue hell does VW think they are selling, a Volkswagen Veyron???

Even if there is any truth behind this speculation from Mr Yadav, I think customers shopping for Highline 'Plus' Vento will switchover to Elantra/Octavia.
What is gonna be even more ridiculous is the pricing of the GT TDI, which I understand stands at ~11.2 lakhs OTR Bangalore today !!

If I had that kinda money in my wallet and was out car shopping, I would pick S-Cross 320DDiS eyes shut, unless something else comes around.
Quote:

He told me a few things that were a bit surprising:

1) that HIDs and DRLs are going to be a part of only the "Highline Plus" variant when the new facelift is released. No other variant including the Highline will be getting these. Also, the price for the Highline Plus variant will be around ₹1.25 lakh higher than the Highline variant just for including this change.

I have asked him to share the brochure showing this. He will get back to me.

Quite a few things happening. Wondering if I should take delivery this Dussehra or not?
Most probably speculations about price of LED are true because same LED headlights are sold for around 1 lac rupees in European market. So I guess no wonder why they are asking 1.25 lacs for LED headlights extra.

I even heard that they're discontinuing Jetta so Vento will sit a level above from the current segment.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st September 2016 at 20:38. Reason: Quotes edited for spacing.
Old 21st September 2016, 19:28   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Also, the price for the Highline Plus variant will be around ₹1.25 lakh higher than the Highline variant just for including this change.
This is exactly what I had mentioned previously in this thread. Is the takeaway from these lamps worth 1.25 lakhs!? Are they that good compared to bi-xenons which cost 30k?

Only time will tell.

But for sure, if one pays 1.25 lakhs just to have these headlights, then they better be damn good in their performance! I will take a TD of this variant at night for sure.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 19:36   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
This is exactly what I had mentioned previously in this thread. Is the takeaway from these lamps worth 1.25 lakhs?

I am utterly confused.

1) DSG issues plague VW, but actual world performance of DSG is simply mindblowing.

2) ₹14.4 Lakhs on road but service issues galore

3) New variant around the corner every 6 months but then Dussehra is also around the corner

Somehow I am absolutely in love with this car BUT then I feel a Honda Jazz (again I am shopping across segments) seems more VFM despite it having the sedate 1.2 L petrol engine mated to CVT because when I have to drive in heavy traffic it really wont matter. Plus it costs a whole ₹4 lakhs cheaper to buy one.

Damn, what to do?

Last edited by toofanwheels : 21st September 2016 at 19:38.
Old 21st September 2016, 19:49   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Damn, what to do?
Well, once you drive the DSG I don't think you'll enjoy driving that CVT in the Jazz. The GT TSI has been with me for ~2 years now and I've never regretted buying a 'costly-hatchback-and-not-a-honda-city' as I've been frequently asked.

I also missed out on 6 features which they put out in two separate facelifts. But when I put my foot down in 'S' mode, the growl makes me smile. And I forget everything about the cruise control or the cooled glovebox and the auto-folding ORVMs.

The thing is this, if these lamps give awesome visibility at night in even rainy conditions, then they're worth it. It will be complete peace of mind for you and your night drives would be perfect. BUT do ensure that you take a Polo/Vento which has good bi-xenons with you to the TD and compare the output for yourself. If the LEDs aren't much different from the bi-xenons just buy the Highline variant, get the bi-xenons retrofitted and save 90k!
Old 21st September 2016, 20:07   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
This is exactly what I had mentioned previously in this thread. Is the takeaway from these lamps worth 1.25 lakhs!? Are they that good compared to bi-xenons which cost 30k?

Only time will tell.

But for sure, if one pays 1.25 lakhs just to have these headlights, then they better be damn good in their performance! I will take a TD of this variant at night for sure.
Which bi-xenons are you getting for 30k? Most aftermarket headlights for thr vento/polo are not bi-xenon. They have a regular halogen high beam and a hid for the low beam
Old 21st September 2016, 20:12   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
Which bi-xenons are you getting for 30k? Most aftermarket headlights for thr vento/polo are not bi-xenon. They have a regular halogen high beam and a hid for the low beam
You can check out my setup here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post4038855

It cost me ~30k for the Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 projectors including installation. One can either get this done on stock headlights, or choose to invest in aftermarket headlights and retrofit the projectors to those.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:26   #102
BHPian

Quote:

Well, I have been observing VW and their Marketing Strategy quite closely for 6 years now, I feel that they will definitely distinguish Vento from Ameo & Polo.

1. We are seeing impending LED lights as a move in that direction.

2. CarPlay should be next one. Like I mentioned before, even Jetta Trendline gets Composition Media with CarPlay so that feature is not very far off from the Vento.
Comeptition wise, Ciaz has it too.

Here are all the sources that prove VW is likely to bring CarPlay to Vento.

A. VW Polo 2016 is mentioned as a CarPlay compatible model. http://www.apple.com/in/ios/carplay/available-models/

B. VW Polo (non GT & Non GTI Variants also) get CarPlay in Germany, UK and Australia. I checked only these 3 websites - there would sure be more countries that have Compositon Media.

UK
2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-vw-polo-uk.png

Germany
2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-vw-polo-germany.png

Australia
2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-vw-polo-australia.png

C. VW must and most likely will make Vento a superior product than Polo & Ameo. The above images are of Polo in International countries, if not Polo - CarPlay can definitely come to the Vento as a unique feature (just like the speculated LED and Black Alloys).

At the end, I just hope this happens soon. Can't wait too long.

Last edited by ashishskapoor : 22nd September 2016 at 14:33.
ashishskapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 15:28   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post

CarPlay should be next one. Like I mentioned before, even Jetta Trendline gets Composition Media with CarPlay so that feature is not very far off from the Vento.
Comeptition wise, Ciaz has it too.
Thanks Ashish, for taking my confusion to the next level No I am even more in doldrums. Today the VW guys came to assess my Wagon R and they admitted that it has been kept in a very good condition and will also work out the best quote for me.

Old 22nd September 2016, 16:08   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ashish, for taking my confusion to the next level No I am even more in doldrums. Today the VW guys came to assess my Wagon R and they admitted that it has been kept in a very good condition and will also work out the best quote for me.

See, I would strongly recommend you to wait till end of October/Ealy November as there might be silent update on Vento like the Celeste model.

Scenario 1: The Vento Highline Plus is launched with LED, but without CarPlay.
You can choose to go with Highline or Highline Plus. Discount on Highline wil be higher than current offer, with approaching year end.

Scenario 2: Assume CarPlay is introduced too. You'll feel great that you waited.

Scenario 3: No update until November. You'll get even more discount on the current model Vento, because of approaching year end.

In any scenario, you'll be benefited.

Old 22nd September 2016, 20:08   #105
BHPian

Just one question about CarPlay , do we still have to keep the iPhone unlocked to access CarPlay in ICE ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks