Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2016, 08:26   #76
BHPian

re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched

I spoke to my SA in chennai couple of days back. Launch is confirmed. They are expecting the brochure and details in Mid to end September. No changes apart from LED. He also said the manual diesel might resume soon as they have fixed the issue.

My only wish is VW brings back Black and Blue as color options. The current color options are too limited. Or atleast get the silk blue of Jetta!
prabhuferrari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 20:29   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Still do not see a reverse camera , i guess that would still be an accessory if needed . Also this facelift might have the new the ICE that is seen Ameo . With high-line plus OTR Bangalore prices would be close to 16.5 lacs and that is almost in the range of Jetta petrol variants . No wonder there is a rumor that Jetta would be phased . This similar to the Honda City dethroning the civic couple of years ago.
There is no difference between the ICE unit used in current vento, polo and ameo. Its RCD 330 G which has been reviewed in detail by our experts in T Bhp. Only difference to ameo, VW brought was a 4K OPS module which made RCD 330 G compatible with a reverse cam. Hence let me tell you that all you need is an OPS module and some hard wiring by an expert to make your current touch screen unit in polo and vento to enable use of a reverse cam.

Highwaypatrol

Last edited by highwaypatrol : 6th August 2016 at 20:30.
Old 6th August 2016, 21:50   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
There is no difference between the ICE unit used in current vento, polo and ameo. Its RCD 330 G which has been reviewed in detail by our experts in T Bhp. Only difference to ameo, VW brought was a 4K OPS module which made RCD 330 G compatible with a reverse cam. Hence let me tell you that all you need is an OPS module and some hard wiring by an expert to make your current touch screen unit in polo and vento to enable use of a reverse cam.

Highwaypatrol

No you don't need OPS module to use reverse camera in RCD 330 G. You just need a reverse camera and a socket. I recently installed RCD330G in my Vento. I got socket and will order camera soon.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 23:17   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
No you don't need OPS module to use reverse camera in RCD 330 G. You just need a reverse camera and a socket. I recently installed RCD330G in my Vento. I got socket and will order camera soon.
Iam so suprised to hear that you just require a socket and a camera to install reversa camera on RCD 330G. However showroom people are quoting exorbitant prices between 11k to 13k for this installation. I suggest you reconfirm this with our mod guru Gannu, so that any goofups later can be avoided.

Highwaypatrol
Old 6th August 2016, 23:54   #80
BHPian

I fail to understand why such a big hump in the rear for the entire VW family. The fifth occupant would be extremely uncomfortable. Hope VW can fix this in the future.
Old 7th August 2016, 09:17   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Iam so suprised to hear that you just require a socket and a camera to install reversa camera on RCD 330G. However showroom people are quoting exorbitant prices between 11k to 13k for this installation. I suggest you reconfirm this with our mod guru Gannu, so that any goofups later can be avoided.

Highwaypatrol
As far as I know, OPS gives a visual display of the rear PDC sensors on compatible head units like RCD 510 and RCD330G. If you have a reverse camera, OPS unit will provide colored markers on top of the reverse view to assist further. It is independent of reverse camera and also controls few other things like muting radio etc.
Old 7th August 2016, 10:29   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please be more specific about the socket ? it will be great if you can post few pics for the same.

You may need to refer the below link

http://www.vagtune.in/secure/car-typ...fit-kit-detail
Old 7th August 2016, 13:03   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Can you please be more specific about the socket ? it will be great if you can post few pics for the same.

You may need to refer the below link

http://www.vagtune.in/secure/car-typ...fit-kit-detail

Ok here you go http://s.aliexpress.com/r2MZbaeY and as far as I know if you have OPS module then you can switch between rear view camera and optical parking by sensors (correct me if I'm wrong).
Old 19th September 2016, 08:44   #84
BHPian

Hi Folks.

I am about to finalize a Vento TDI DSG (yes, despite all the naysayers).
Now my gripe is that Vento comes with a factory fitted mirrorlink system.

I own an iPhone, and so while it pairs via Bluetooth (and I can take or make calls but I wasn't able to play my phone music though the SA said it is possible), it doesn't let me use navigation.

Mods & other gurus- I have a few questions

1) is there any iphone app or a physical connector device that I can get in Mumbai and use it to activate navigation on my vento's screen?

2) if I want to get apple carplay on my vento, where is a reliable place that I can get it done from

3) if I get the system replaced to carplay, then what could the approximate cost be ?

Looking for some guidance. Thanks in advance.
Old 19th September 2016, 09:48   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
Hi Folks.

1) is there any iphone app or a physical connector device that I can get in Mumbai and use it to activate navigation on my vento's screen?

I found this on www.aliexpress.com :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HDMI...6c23b943e5#thf

Is this the right thing I am looking at- this costs INR 3,887 but will need wiring to be tampered with.

Will this void the warranty and is there any alternative?
Old 19th September 2016, 12:25   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This one has EU maps but you will need something similar: http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk.../?view=details
Old 19th September 2016, 13:16   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks.

Just a suggestion , why don't you just use google maps in iPhone for navigation . Most of the updates are real time and it also shows traffic density.
Old 19th September 2016, 14:56   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Just a suggestion , why don't you just use google maps in iPhone for navigation . Most of the updates are real time and it also shows traffic density.
I agree with this - Club this with a nice mobile phone holder for those trips where navigation is required, and you'll be sorted.

Regarding playing music - doesn't the HU have a bluetooth facility if nothing else works?
Old 20th September 2016, 09:38   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I agree with this - Club this with a nice mobile phone holder for those trips where navigation is required, and you'll be sorted.

Regarding playing music - doesn't the HU have a bluetooth facility if nothing else works?
It does have the Bluetooth connectivity. So I was able to pair my phone, make and receive calls and also could view my phonebook on the HU screen, but the HU was unable to play music on my mobile.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before or is experiencing as such currently? All guidance much appreciated ! Thanks

Last edited by SDP : 20th September 2016 at 09:51. Reason: Typo
Old 20th September 2016, 10:05   #90
BHPian

Quote:
It does have the Bluetooth connectivity. So I was able to pair my phone, make and receive calls and also could view my phonebook on the HU screen, but the HU was unable to play music on my mobile.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before or is experiencing as such currently? All guidance much appreciated ! Thanks

I am certain that Vento can play music from iPhone via Bluetooth connection. These test drive vehicles have multiple paired phones and that sometimes creates issues. Have test driven Vento twice, once it didn't work and second time it did. Try at another dealership.

Also with regards to your query for CarPlay, I would suggest that you wait until this Diwali because a Vento update is due with LED lights- Vento Highline may come with Composition media unit with CarPlay. Apple's India website mentions Polo 2016 as supported car for CarPlay.

Side note: I have been looking forward to CarPlay on Vento for over 10 months now. Just hope they bring in with new update. Even Trendline TDI Jetta comes with CarPlay. So it isn't very far off feature.
ashishskapoor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed