Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 17:59   #106
BHPian

re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched

SOMETHING BIG IS COMING!

I was super shocked to learn today that VW India has paused manufacturing of Polo and Vento from last 2 months. Here's what it could mean:

1. Both TSI & TDI engines are getting updated/tweaked soon.

2. Lot of new features are being introduced/enhanced (LED, Black Alloys, Compositon Media)

3. A model refresh. (SA said at least thrice that design also could change - though I dont believe this before International version is changed).

To support this, SA also said that they are exhasusted with the Vento brochures and they generally recieve new set in 10 days. Its been over 22 days this time, and they havent recieved the new set of brochures from VW.

All of this could mean only one thing - Something big is coming.

Source: My visit to VW dealership in Mumbai
ashishskapoor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 12:20   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
SOMETHING BIG IS COMING!

I was super shocked to learn today that VW India has paused manufacturing of Polo and Vento from last 2 months. Here's what it could mean:

1. Both TSI & TDI engines are getting updated/tweaked soon.

2. Lot of new features are being introduced/enhanced (LED, Black Alloys, Compositon Media)

3. A model refresh. (SA said at least thrice that design also could change - though I dont believe this before International version is changed).

To support this, SA also said that they are exhasusted with the Vento brochures and they generally recieve new set in 10 days. Its been over 22 days this time, and they havent recieved the new set of brochures from VW.

All of this could mean only one thing - Something big is coming.

Source: My visit to VW dealership in Mumbai

Which dealership did you visit? I was at both VW Mumbai West and VW Mumbai North and at both the places while they acknowledged that the changes will happen, they maintained that this will happen only in case of Vento Highline Plus variant and not the regular Highline variant.

Source: Akhilesh (rep) from VW Mumbai West & Anupam (rep) from VW Mumbai North.

I had a doubt because both immensely pressured me to make a booking asap if I want delivery during Dussehra. They probably only want to dump one to me.

Not good on their part. Now I will definitely wait.
Old 25th September 2016, 14:05   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
Which dealership did you visit? I was at both VW Mumbai West and VW Mumbai North and at both the places while they acknowledged that the changes will happen, they maintained that this will happen only in case of Vento Highline Plus variant and not the regular Highline variant.

Source: Akhilesh (rep) from VW Mumbai West & Anupam (rep) from VW Mumbai North.

I had a doubt because both immensely pressured me to make a booking asap if I want delivery during Dussehra. They probably only want to dump one to me.

Not good on their part. Now I will definitely wait.

Exactly. We've so far been speculating that changes will come in new Highline Plus variant. But the fact that production of all Polos and Ventos are paused from last 2 months is worth thinking.
If it was only a new variant, why would they not continue production of rest of the range? I think both TSI and TDI engines are getting tweaked.

P.S. I met with Siddhesh and Sameer at Volkswagen Mumbai North and they weren't pushy about making the booking. They were considerate and suggested me to wait for sometime to be sure of changes.

@ToofanWheels We should wait until Diwali at least.
ashishskapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 15:29   #109
BHPian

Quote:
P.S. I met with Siddhesh and Sameer at Volkswagen Mumbai North and they weren't pushy about making the booking. They were considerate and suggested me to wait for sometime to be sure of changes.

@ToofanWheels We should wait until Diwali at least.
I don't know why....I am not getting a very comfortable feeling going with VW. Actually now I am in a bit of soup honestly.

I advertised and got a very good quote for my existing Wagon R Lxi and finalized it for sale. Now I am having to wait without a car. Also adding to the fact is that VW reps have called a couple of times (from both showrooms) to follow up on my decision.

I understand that a new vento is around the corner, but now I am thinking what else may I buy? Jazz AT again comes to my mind. No near-term refreshes planned and the V variant has most of what I need. And while the CVT doesnt quite stack up against DSG, it definitely is a no nonsense slushbox. What more, it saves a cool ₹4.5 lakhs too and if we talk of the New Vento (which will be even more expensive and with lesser discount), then it will atleast save me ₹5.5-5.75 lakhs. The ONLY factor I will have to compromise is about the "fun of driving".

Again a heart or mind decision and its been extremely draining on me yaar. I feel like just getting over with it.

Last edited by toofanwheels : 25th September 2016 at 15:30.
Old 25th September 2016, 16:15   #110
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know why....I am not getting a very comfortable feeling going with VW. Actually now I am in a bit of soup honestly.

Jazz AT again comes to my mind...it will atleast save me ₹5.5-5.75 lakhs. The ONLY factor I will have to compromise is about the "fun of driving".

Again a heart or mind decision and its been extremely draining on me yaar. I feel like just getting over with it.
I think apart from "fun of driving" you'll also lose on build quality, and thereby safety (honda cars are not built as strongly as VW).

Upgrading from Wagon R is sure a good enough change to either car - it will feel different. If you've been following VW thread, you'd have noticed that Vento recieves at least 2 minor tweaks (feature additions, variant addtion like celeste) in every 12 months.

If you can wait for some more time, you should.
If you have to buy car soon - then you might be able to crack a very good deal on Vento also. Last month, I read someone recieveing 82k discount on current gen Vento. Try negotiating and ultimately take a regret-free decision - Vento or Jazz
Old 25th September 2016, 17:36   #111
BHPian

Quote:
If you can wait for some more time, you should.
If you have to buy car soon - then you might be able to crack a very good deal on Vento also. Last month, I read someone recieveing 82k discount on current gen Vento. Try negotiating and ultimately take a regret-free decision - Vento or Jazz
Just finished talking to Akhilesh from VW Mumbai West. Here is a confirmed list of changes that are coming in the new Vento which will be shortly launched by Dussehra:

1) Change in front & rear bumpers and air dams to make it look more sporty

2) DRLs & LED projector lamps

3) No Apple CarPlay

4) Change in tail lamps

5) sheet-metal change in the boot cover

The changes are standard & not only for Highline Plus variant.

Price for the facelifted version will be higher by approximately ₹135,000 to ₹150,000- meaning on road and needless to say that there will be NO DISCOUNT for the facelifted model. This will bring the price of New Vento to approx ₹1,550,000 on road Mumbai v/s the current one that one can get around ₹1,400,000 by a hard bargain.

Tricky decision.
Old 25th September 2016, 22:39   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Just finished talking to Akhilesh from VW Mumbai West. Here is a confirmed list of changes that are coming in the new Vento which will be shortly launched by Dussehra:

1) Change in front & rear bumpers and air dams to make it look more sporty

2) DRLs & LED projector lamps

3) No Apple CarPlay

4) Change in tail lamps

5) sheet-metal change in the boot cover

The changes are standard & not only for Highline Plus variant.

Tricky decision.
This is kinda weird that a sales person knows so much detail including the change in sheet-metal, yet he hasn't mentioned Reversing Camera as an upcoming feature. I feel LED & DRLs will sure be limited to top variant(s) only.

We haven't seen any conspicuous exterior changes on the test cars spied so far. But, you know, on second thoughts it's possible to see Vento introduced with a few exterior design changes to distinguish it further from Polo & Ameo. And this may be the last body tweaks update before Vento moves to new platform.

@ToofanWheels So, will you be waiting till Dussehra?

Last edited by ashishskapoor : 25th September 2016 at 22:49.
Old 26th September 2016, 05:56   #113
BHPian

Quote:
This is kinda weird that a sales person knows so much detail including the change in sheet-metal, yet he hasn't mentioned Reversing Camera as an upcoming feature. I feel LED & DRLs will sure be limited to top variant(s) only.

We haven't seen any conspicuous exterior changes on the test cars spied so far. But, you know, on second thoughts it's possible to see Vento introduced with a few exterior design changes to distinguish it further from Polo & Ameo. And this may be the last body tweaks update before Vento moves to new platform.

@ToofanWheels So, will you be waiting till Dussehra?

All said and done, I believe the price hike will be quite a bit on the higher side for a highline. Also, if it is not getting any carplay, then on ground what I will be waiting for is mainly the DRLs & LEDs.

Regarding the reverse parking camera- I have been driving since the early 90s when we used to debate whether to buy an "a/c or a non-a/c car".

Honestly I have driven nearly every kind of vehicle on road including trucks, buses and tractors & honestly I wouldn't care a damn about either rear parking sensors or cameras irrespective of whatever vehicle I drive. In fact I found it irritating while reversing a friend's Vento which kept beeping nonstop from the moment I slotted into the reverse gear. I honestly feel I am better of without even the sensors- forget the camera, so it is quite inconsequential.

I will take a day to decide what to do- mostly by today I will firm up my decision. And yes, the Jazz still plays on my mind so for me it is to decide if

1) I am buying a Vento or Jazz

2) If Vento, then should I wait or proceed immediately

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th September 2016 at 13:57. Reason: Typo
Old 26th September 2016, 07:04   #114
BANNED

Quote:
I advertised and got a very good quote for my existing Wagon R Lxi and finalized it for sale. Now I am having to wait without a car. Also adding to the fact is that VW reps have called a couple of times (from both showrooms) to follow up on my decision.
I understand that a new vento is around the corner, but now I am thinking what else may I buy? Jazz AT again comes to my mind. No near-term refreshes planned and the V variant has most of what I need. And while the CVT doesnt quite stack up against DSG, it definitely is a no nonsense slushbox. What more, it saves a cool ₹4.5 lakhs too and if we talk of the New Vento (which will be even more expensive and with lesser discount), then it will atleast save me ₹5.5-5.75 lakhs. The ONLY factor I will have to compromise is about the "fun of driving".
Dear toofanwheels, may this agony soon be over - heart over mind or vice versa! What an agonizing decision to have to make - may you attain nirvana soon!
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 01:55   #115
BHPian

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing

We are very likely to see a silent update from VW on Polo & Vento just after Ameo is launched with new TDI engine.

The silent update will include a couple of new features in addition to new engine(s)- perhaps tweaked TSI as well.

Let's hope all of this happens before Dussehra!

Last edited by ashishskapoor : 27th September 2016 at 02:17.
Old 27th September 2016, 03:48   #116
BHPian

As in a new petrol engine as well for the polo? Currently it being THE weakest point of the car I'm not sure why they would do a silent update for it. If I were them, I would want all eyes on it so everyone noticed it and did not think of a 3 cylinder NA petrol motor whenever they thought of the "new" polo.

Where is this news coming from btw? When I search I cannot find anything on it in the news section of google. I really want this to be true being a massive fan of the car just wondering if rumors actually have some trusted source behind them.
Old 27th September 2016, 08:25   #117
Senior - BHPian

Hope they offer all black interiors on the Vento like the Polo GT with this impending facelift.

The TDi MT has not been on sale for sometime now. And is rumoured to get a bump in power when it's back on sale.

Maybe the price revision is to distance the Vento from the Ameo.
Old 27th September 2016, 09:54   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarit19 View Post
As in a new petrol engine as well for the polo? Currently it being THE weakest point of the car I'm not sure why they would do a silent update for it.

Where is this news coming from btw?

Why do I feel that both Polo and Vento will get updated very soon?
VW updated both cars with new features on 2nd Feb just before Ameo was introduced with those features. The only thing Ameo had additional was reverse camera, that all should come to Vento.

Why silent update?
Historically, VW has kept focus on 1 car only with any press-invited event. I don't think Ameo diesel launch is one of those events anyway.
So, VW will just send a press release note to news houses - that's how FEB update and recent Polo Select and Vento Celeste update was done. So we need to keep following up TBHP and the News.
Old 27th September 2016, 10:01   #119
Team-BHP Support

Spotted the 2016 Vento with LED lamps and a new alloy wheel design at the last foodmall towards Pune on the expressway. Giving it company was an Ameo TSi and the new gen Passat:

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-img_2789.jpg

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-img_2791.jpg
moralfibre is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 10:51   #120
BHPian

Those LED amps must look sweet. Is there any chances of these lamps making it to the Polo ? At least for the GT variant ?

Noob question : Will we be able to retrofit these lamps to the Polo ?
shoaib3030 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks