Team-BHP - 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/171936-2016-volkswagen-vento-facelift-spotted-testing-edit-launched.html)

VW Vento 2016 facelift again!
Quote:

The car was doing testing rounds with a new headlamp setup that looks very much inspired from VW Passat. VW had updated Vento recently with much premium look by adding new bumper and grille design. Now in 2016, the car will come with DRLs integrated into the headlamps. Nothing much exterior changed observed in this version.
2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-img_20160102_073501.jpg
2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-img_20160102_073435.jpg
2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-img_20160102_073440.jpg

http://www.autocolumn.com/2016-vw-vento/

I feel really bad for the people who bought the Vento recently. This looks like the 3rd minor facelift within 1 or 2 years! Why can't they just do everything at once instead of introducing new features one by one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suraj25 (Post 3882873)
I feel really bad for the people who bought the Vento recently.

The news of this facelift was there in 2015, the main reason for me striking off Vento from my list.
Hope they have the 1.4 TSI in this as a variant to make sense of this facelift.

Thanks for sharing, the headlamps look exactly like the LED units found in Polo GTI without the read insert. If that's the case then it will be first in this or the segment above as Camry hybrid is the only car I know under 40L that comes with LED headlamps.

Rest of the car looks the same, just hoping we get a upgraded interior as well.

Oh another face-lift. My 2013 November Vento is already quite a bit outdated feature wise. Now it will be more so. I wish they provided official upgrade packages to existing owners. I don't think any other car gets refreshes at such short intervals.

The Rapid recently got a Style Plus variant with Rain sensing wipers and Auto dimming IRVM. So will not be surprised if these features also come as part of the Vento face lift.

Any idea when this will launch? I have just booked a Vento Comfortline TSI and wondering if I should delay my purchase. I suppose much changes won't be expected in Comfortline trim.

One another possibility is that this can be an export variant; given the fact that Vento is now exported to more countries from India.
Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3882879)
The news of this facelift was there in 2015, the main reason for me striking off Vento from my list.
Hope they have the 1.4 TSI in this as a variant to make sense of this facelift.

I am hoping for a 1.4 TSI Vento too, but I don't know if they will launch it (if at all they do) in the face-lift or in the next generation MQB-A0 Vento rumored to be coming out in 2018-19, as per an old Economic Times news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3882851)

VW Vento 2016 facelift again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by treadmark (Post 3882930)

One another possibility is that this can be an export variant; given the fact that Vento is now exported to more countries from India.
Cheers!

Great catch there volkman10, as always :thumbs up

IMO, +1 to treadmark on the speculation. This can probably never materialise in Indian market anytime soon.

The reasons I think are:

- Other than the Passat/Jetta type headlights, there is nothing new/updated.
- Even the Alloys are from the current Vento/Polo versions.
- The tail lights are from the facelift version as well

Either VW are really going way out of their way to resurrect their 'Brand Image' or have lot of time on their hand (poor demand/sales) to offer such minuscule updates repeatedly. :eek:

P.S - May be its the angle of the pic taken or some sort of distortion, but I see some black coloured component just below the VW symbol on the boot. A rear view camera?

What a bunch of lousy fellows, Facelift of a 3 month old Facelifted Vento! Now what is left, probably a sunroof and bring another Facelift and then a few more cup holders. Very exciting things to look forward to!

This is expected as they would want to slot in the compact sedan in-between and make the vento a more premium offering. There is little room on top, so I am not sure how much they will increase the prices.

The headlamps can be retrofitted I guess. If the IVRM is auto, that too can be retro fitted. A sun roof might not be, but I don't see it in the pics. If its for export, it could also make it to the local market, provided they are figuring out the effect on the pricing. The Highline TDI DSG is also too close to the Creta, given the new found love for SUV'ish cars any facelift that pushes the price up will not help the car.

I would love if, like the Blaupunkt 835, the new tweaks can make it back into the previous facelift (the bonnet of the pre-2015 models can't hold the new light housing i guess).

Quote:

Originally Posted by treadmark (Post 3882930)
Cheers!

I think the Possibility of the Face-lift is more, Because the export version comes with totally different headlights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rationalist (Post 3883175)
What a bunch of lousy fellows, Facelift of a 3 month old Facelifted Vento! Now what is left, probably a sunroof and bring another Facelift and then a few more cup holders. Very exciting things to look forward to!

Don't worry. They won't launch it immediately due to popular demand. lol:

I really would like that darn car to have an OEM Projector headlight setup and a sunroof. Makes the car complete.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 3883354)
I think the Possibility of the Face-lift is more, Because the export version comes with totally different headlights.

I agree. These headlamps are not top-spec lamps. The ones on this Vento are polo GTI spec lamps; and that's a step further. That's LED's for dipped as well as main beam in two separate modules shining onto reflectors with that characteristic hexagonal shape. AFAIK, even the top spec polo SEL lamps cannot be interchanged with these as these require a different wiring harness, maybe a different body control module and different sensors on the suspension for auto-leveling requirements.

If the Vento comes in with these, there's a good chance I'll get it as now my family has been spoiled silly by projectors on our cars and a city car with OEM LED's is a complete package for me. Also, that chrome on the behind just does it for me, just like the same on the current 5 series. Also, the DRL's are sweet.:D