Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2017, 11:47   #91
BHPian

Re: Fiat launches pre-facelift Punto as 'Punto Pure' at the Auto Expo 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Hello All -

Checked with a couple of dealers in the NCR, it seems, Pure production has been ceased from 2017 (Diesel for sure).

Can any fellow BHPian please confirm if it is actually true?

Many thanks for the help in advance.

Happy Motoring !!
Gee. That would be bad news indeed. I just took delivery of my Pure Diesel in November 2016. I checked with the dealer in Ahmedabad. They have no news of the Pure being discontinued.
Old 25th January 2017, 11:57   #92
BANNED

Thanks for checking, Rahul.

Though your dealer might not have been formally informed of the production discontinuation, but if you were to check with them on the procurement of a 2017 Diesel, they might not be able to get one.

So while the word may not be out but it seems the production of 2017 Pure's has been stopped (this is what I have heard from 2 dealers in NCR).
Old 25th January 2017, 13:13   #93
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Thanks for checking, Rahul.

Though your dealer might not have been formally informed of the production discontinuation, but if you were to check with them on the procurement of a 2017 Diesel, they might not be able to get one.

So while the word may not be out but it seems the production of 2017 Pure's has been stopped (this is what I have heard from 2 dealers in NCR).
Not sure if the Punto Pure is discontinued. There was a news item mentioning that FIAT had not produced any cars in December 2016. Also couple of weeks ago, sales manager at the FIAT dealership had told me that FIAT was yet to begin production of any variant in 2017, cannot verify this though.
Old 25th January 2017, 22:59   #94
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, according to Bajaj, activities like renting floor space, setting up a stall and holding launch events in Auto Expo are huge, multi-crore expenses. Bajaj had decided not to participate in AE 16 for this reason.

If Punto Pure is indeed discontinued, let's safely assume FIAT India has failed to recoup even what they had spent for the Auto Expo launch event. This is like a Mili Vanilli album that was sold only 2000 copies and as a result, failed to earn even the cost of album art.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks